1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Question - How does poppy seed make you feel?

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Rln12280, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Rln12280

Rln12280 Silver Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have never used PST I was wondering what does it make you feel like? Does it give you energy? Does it help with pain?

2. perro-salchicha614

perro-salchicha614 Pepperoni Addict Titanium Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Headache City
    It's really different from prescription opioids, in my opinion. There are pretty distinct stages to the high. The come-up (which can last for quite a while) can be very energetic. Opium used to be considered a stimulant, actually. It can take up to a couple of hours to reach the peak, which is when you'll start to nod if your tolerance is low enough. It feels like falling asleep, but a hundred times better. There's a very wave-like quality to it.

The peak of the high can last up to eight hours, and you'll have an "afterglow" of relaxation well into the next day. I've found it to be a much better high than hydrocodone and oxycodone, but not as good for pain relief. Once you start to become dependent on it, a lot of the most pleasurable aspects of the high will diminish. You probably won't be able to use it for very long until your tolerance gets to high to nod on it.

3. DaveLister

DaveLister Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I use PPT for pain relief, if I run short of my prescription meds (oxycontin) then I use PPT for pain relief. I find it is fantastic for my pain, as good or better than oxys and lasts about as long as oxycontin (about 8 hours for me). The euphoria I get from opium is far stronger than that of the oxys. I havent nodded off for years, but the opium gave me a good nod and unlike oxy it doesnt make me an cold hearted arsehole. Lately I have reduced my oxy dose and used an opium tincture of sorts (whole plant in the blender then put it in a pot on a low heat for a few hours.. then reduce the liquid and drink the liquid), the tincture with the oxycontin gives me the best pain relief and euphoria I have ever had.

But start off at a low dose, especially if you dont have much of a tolerance. Wait 30-60mins and see how you feel.. if you dont feel anything have another dose and continue until you find the dosage that suits you.. remember you can always take more but you cant untake it if you take too much.. does that make sense?

4. Coacervate

Coacervate Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    @DLister: Some chicken vindaloo potentiates the euphoria

5. DUSK1

DUSK1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Can concur with previous posters concerning its uniqueness, particularly compared to common prescription opiates.

It seems less euphoric than opiates such as codeine or Oxycontin, but far better overall. Comparable antinociception, with greater anxiolysis and no nausea or ithceyness (can cause nausea from large quantities of liquid tho), although given its the only opiate you consume over time, the rate of consumption is likely to cause much variance.

Otherwise perro-salchicha614 is spot on, the afterglow is one of its best features IMO, although id conservative calling it energetic or stimulating. I totally know what you mean and agree perro-salchicha614, but id call it more functional intoxication, or energized sedation, simply because of the anxiolysis bordering on sedation from the onset.

If your question comes from looking from alternate pain relief sources, id definitely recommend poppy seed/pod tea, as it is an effective painkiller, particularly considering switching painkillers delays tolerance development, particularly to antinociceptive effects, through imperfect cross tolerance development. BE CAREFUL though, because of the variance in batch strength, the tea is drank slowly, often over a number of hours. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL. Poppy seed tea can kill very easily, as one liter could be not enough to feel anything or enough to kill you between two batches.

6. zipl0cc

zipl0cc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    To me it depends on the seeds or pods you use. Different regions produce poppies with different concentrations of alkaloids in my opinion.
    For example, the poppies i use are opposite in some effects then what perro described. The come up sedates me. I feel disconnected and get that strong warm morphine ache in my upper back and shoulders. This lasts an hour, somtimes longer. Then it changes into a very unique high where its energetic but sedated at the same time. I am motivated to do things ive been putting off but if i sat down and mentally allow my high to take over ill start nodding. Well, i dont nod anymore due to tolerance from a long time of poppy tea use and iv heroin. But the protocol is still the same.
    It lasts a VERY long time. One strong high dose will easily last me most of the day. Plenty of times I've woke up still high from the previous day which as a heroin addict makes the morning fix more laid back instead of being dopesick trying to prep a shot.

7. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    67 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    I'm on a bit of poppy seed tea right now--my fourth attempt to feel anything from it at all. I know I have good seeds,and this time I mixed them directly with grapefruit juice and gagged it down--not too bad if you sip it, which you should anyway. I feel kind of floaty after about a cup over the stuff over time. It's late at night, so I don't expect any great bursts of energy, but maybe relaxation and deep sleep, and maybe an easy, laid-back morning. I mixed about 1.2 pounds of seeds with around 2 cups of grapefruit juice, and did two washings. I have a high tolerance, so this amount seemed right for me, but I am drinking it in three sittings, just to be on the safe side.

Maybe floaty is all I will ever get from poppy seed tea. This is at least better than my last three attempts, which were all total failures. I guess it's just not a kick-ass substance for me and maybe never will be. That's just as well, as I don't need to find any other forms of opiates to which I become highly addicted, having kicked the rest of them more or less.

Just a quiet report on a quiet nighht...

8. zipl0cc

zipl0cc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    Ladywolf you finally got it to work???? Did my tips help?

9. Firstpost1

Firstpost1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It personally makes this guy i know sad because it never gets him up enough. No nod or anything but then again he's very experienced with opiates so yeah. Like rite now he's drinking some, pissed at the world because he's not up enough.

10. zipl0cc

zipl0cc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    Sounds like youre doing something wrong or possibly weak seeds. Im an IV heroin addict and i get high as fuck on seeds i get

11. Firstpost1

Firstpost1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Do you get a full-on nod?
    What type of places do you mostly buy your seeds from?

12. perro-salchicha614

Reputation Points:
    If your tolerance is low enough, you can nod on PST. The nod fades pretty fast as tolerance increases, however. Source discussion isn't allowed, so nobody here can tell you where to get seeds. A Google search should turn up some good results.

13. Firstpost1

Firstpost1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If i'm sick it definitely cures that but overall I'm not satisfied. You're probably rite about the seeds not being strong enough but i've tried different seeds. I think its because I'm chasing a specific feeling similar to one i had mixing morphine/oxy/vicodin. You know, that itchy scratching all night almost ripping your d*ck off nodding with a cigarette unable to drive feel.

Firstpost1 added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

That was to zip.
    But okay cool, got it

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  14. perro-salchicha614

Reputation Points:
    The first few times I have the tea after a tolerance break are always like that. The nod, the delicious itch, the waves of pleasure...

That can't be sustained with PST or any opiate in the long term, though. You either have to take breaks every so often or switch to pods, which are much stronger (and more expensive). You can try to potentiate the tea with grapefruit juice. I've had very good luck with that when my tolerance was high.

15. Firstpost1

Firstpost1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe i'll give pods a try.
    I'm actually drinking some now. I have learn to drink the PST first as like a warm-up before whatever else you have for the night.

Yeah this batch has a little grapefruit in it, no significant change for me. If you haven't tried it already i would suggest squeezed lemon juice with orange juice. Diphenhydramine always works as well.

16. perro-salchicha614

Reputation Points:
    Lemon or lime juice will work better for extraction, as they're somewhat more acidic than grapefruit juice. You can then drink the tea with a glass of grapefruit juice (about 20 minutes before the tea is best). It works by blocking an enzyme that breaks down the morphine in the tea, thus allowing more of it to attach to your receptors.

17. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, I am trying pst one last time. (I still had a pound of good seeds left from over from my last abortive efforts, and I didn't want to waste them, don't you know?) So I have shaken them twice with orange juice and lemon juice and am starting to sip now. (I don't have any grapefruit juice handy, darrnit.) I will sure keep you posted, because this feels like it may be my last attempt to make pst work for me...

18. Firstpost1

Firstpost1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Haha good luck!

19. ladywolf2012

Reputation Points:
    So...all they did was put me to sleep. I didn't nod out in a pleasing way, I just fell asleep over my computer. Woke up three hours later and didn't feel much of anything. Went to bed.

Today I could feel that I had taken morphine yesterday, interestingly, since I didn't feel any opium/morphine effects yesterday. I had the itch, the way constricted pupils, was a bit unsteady on my feet--all that today. What gives? Am I just opium-challenged?

20. DaveLister

DaveLister Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Hi ladywolf. Just throwing in my 2cents. Lately I have been off my usual oxycontin in favour of my friends opium. It was extremely good for pain and give me a nice high. I know my tollerance has dropped as I took an oxy20 the other day and was off my head (usually need a good 100+mg. But no matter how much opium I have it isnt doing much. I have been using the dried pods lately as well as a good blob of opium but im starting to think that the hot weather finally coming in may have messed up the morphine content. I know its not my tolerance as I took 4x 30mg coding phosphate and had a pretty good high for a couple of hours.

could it be something similar in your case?