How does pure mescaline compare to cactus

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by jesusfreak666er, May 27, 2006.

1. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have never had pure mescaline but has experimented with peruvian torch several times, I am wondering how mescaline in a pure form differs in the experiance. I would imagine the trip would be the same since its the same chemical but does it come on faster since its extracted? Is it worth extracting in the future? thanks in advance for the answers

2. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I know this is at a slight tangent, but seeing as you've had experience with P.T. you might be able to help me. How did you prepare it? I've tried it once before, boiling 20g in a pan for 20 mins, letting it simmer for 2-3 hours and then drinking the liquid; but I didn't really feel anything. Maybe a little stoned, but a 1+ at best. Any suggestions?

3. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A lot of people put the cactus into capsules, but you have to eat loads of them.

4. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    organic or made in a lab still has the same effect on swim

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Keep on topic please. Ways to consume mescaline cacti can be found in the apropriate forum. What's the difference between pure mescaline and cacti containing mescaline and other alkaloids?

6. freespirt

freespirt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was told that one is naterl and other is made, though by boling it...

7. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well actually when I started the post swim meant what is the differences in feelings/trip of extracted mescaline vs all of the cactus alkaloids still in the cactus as a whole.... such as if one was to preform an extraction vs eat the cactus.

8. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    synthetically prepared pure(relatively) mescaline is quite the experience. the cacti have more of a trippy down to earth peace loving zen type of aspect. the pure chemical is more hectic and less spiritual to swim. more like it is disruptive and chaotic as opposed to a zoned out mystic state. OEVs are better pure in swims opinion. however consider that this is all entirely subjective and there is really no notable difference between the two chemically.

edit: to note, swim told me that he is fairly sure that is was real mescaline as he has a good amount of experience with many research chemicals that could have been used to attempt a counterfeit. the amount of powder was very large for a pure chemical.

:joint:

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo would agree with fatal regards the more Earthy feel for the cactus. Warm shivers and other sensory delights are available to one who chews a few peyote buttons. But 500mg (or other chosen amounts) of pure mescaline sulfate retains, at least for Bongo, a very strong link with the actual spirit contained in the cactus.

All in all, Bongo prefers the peyote over the crystal, but he feels it would be great if all the cactus could be made more damn palatable! LOL! He's thrown up on both peyote and sulfate, and this is not a problem to him - it's the stomach-ache he gets from peyote that is annoying.