Question - How does shroom tolerance work?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Elliot Kinney, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Elliot Kinney

Elliot Kinney Newbie

Reputation Points:
    18 y/o from Waiheke island
    A while ago I took shrooms for the first time (they were dried and I took 20), this trip was a complete spiritual level trip, indescribable. Then recently after that (a few days), I went to a party and throughout the night I took more shrooms, within the 6 hour period i'd taken well over 20, these ones were not dried and did have little worms in them, but my other friends who also took them were off there faces tripping out, but I felt nothing from them, a small amount of euphoria but that was about it, I checked with some people at the party to look at my eyes and they said that there was no blue only black (my pupil was so big it was my entire eye practically), so i'm really confused as to why I didn't trip? My friend told me later on that after you take shrooms your tolerance for them goes through the roof for a while, was it that or something else? (I'd also had one beer and a few cigs that night)

Cheers

2. LostinaKhole

LostinaKhole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from England, United Kingdom
    you should wait a few weeks befor tripping again iv made the mistake of eating mushrooms again to quickly.

I purchased 7 grams of dried lib caps. I eat half of them on a Friday evening and had a really decent trip. That Sunday I decided to eat the other half of the bag. I definitely tripped but it was nothing like befor nowhere as intense.

I think the trick is to only use them once in a while. I don’t know anyone that would want to use mushrooms on a regular basis anyway.
    For me if I have a decent mushroom trip or acid trip I won’t want to take them again for a few months.

3. Elliot Kinney

Elliot Kinney Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sweet as, thanks for the quick reply :)

4. incessusmortuus

incessusmortuus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from San Francisco, CA, USA
    If you want the full effect you should stretch it to 3-6 months....

Why are neither of you guys doing the lemon-lime shot method? It'll save you a ton of money in the short term.

5. Elliot Kinney

Elliot Kinney Newbie

Reputation Points:
    whats that? Wouldn't mind sharing your secret?

6. incessusmortuus

incessusmortuus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from San Francisco, CA, USA
    Of course I will!

Grind up/crush up the mushrooms. About 1-1.5 grams. Then, juice 2 lemons and a lime. Put it all together in a shot glass and down it. You'll feel it and be seeing shit within about 20 min. (Maybe 30, I lost track of time then.) It lasted about 8 hours. After 4-5 we started the 'Are we still high?'s' but it wasn't till the 8 hour mark it turned into the 'Nope

My cousin did 1.5, I just being my first time did 1. You can fact check me against this site, but whatever you do, don't do the full 1/8 this way.

7. SirDabathin

SirDabathin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    20 y/o from Michigan, United States
    Truly everyone has different philosophies when it comes to the timeframe chosen to keep in between trips. Some will say eat all the shroomies you wish, It truly just depends on how far you want your ego to go down the shitter. At which point you begin to look at some of the people who do mushies like every three days, vividly appalling.

A plethora of people, including myself, stick to every 3 months. 5 grams dried minimum, Silent Darkness. You will be shown many things if you choose to take that journey, it is the most alien thing on this earth other than DMT. I always make sure I am smoking a mother load of cannabis as well whenever I am tripping. Have fun experiencing one of the most interesting forms of symbiosis derived from this galaxy.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. Josh Carlton

Josh Carlton Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Michigan
    I agree with others here that for the full psychological impact and "magic" of the trip to return, a long break is necessary. At least a month, perhaps even 3-6 as others suggest.

However, looking only at the general intensity of the overall effects of the trip, the tolerance window is a lot shorter. Tolerance rises almost immediately, such that eating two grams of shrooms and two grams of shrooms an hour later would be slightly less intense than eating four grams all at once. The next day, tolerance is strong enough that you will need approximately twice as many mushrooms for the same effect. The tolerance then decreases gradually every day, such that it is almost gone after a week and is completely gone after two weeks.
    Some people claim that a three day break is enough; I personally find that intensity of the trip will still be very noticeably reduced with such a short break, especially if I trip three times in a row (i.e. trip, wait three days, trip, wait three days, trip). Comparably, I experience a slight tolerance remaining at a week, but it is far less noticeable and I don't feel like I'm wasting mushrooms. But at two weeks, the tolerance seems to be gone.

It seems to me, personally, that the tolerance to mushrooms drops faster than the tolerance to LSD, but this may just be personal and subjective.

If you want to trip on mushrooms for more recreational reasons, two week breaks should be enough to keep your tolerance negligible.

However, if you want a more spiritual, transformative trip as @SirDabathin describes, a significantly longer like he suggests is best.