Drug info - How does SWIM explain it to his friends (DXM safety)

Discussion in 'DXM' started by shocker_baller04, Jan 31, 2007.

1. shocker_baller04

shocker_baller04 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have only tried DXM 3 times at high doses and knows what it does for him, and that he has had no adverse reactions to the drug.

What I was wondering is how does he convince his friend's that it is safe FOR SWIM. I know about the damage it can cause and takes that risk, but his friends have a HUGE misconception that I am going to die from it.

All 3 of my doses have been at 500mg the first time and 888mg the second and third times. SWIM never had an hard times breathing, communicating with his friends, or anything like that.

But, recently one of SWIM's friend's cousins died from what SWIm was told was an overdose of DXM. He didn't believe it and figured the kid was dumb and decided to drink some cough syrup that didn't just contain only DXM. And this is what SWIM told his friends, but they believe the cough syrup alone killed him.

Now SWIM's friends are worried about him, and he doesn't see why. He has been around them all 3 times he has dosed on DXM and they never saw anything wrong. Now SWIM's friends tell him he isn't allowed at their house if he decides to do DXM again.

How does SWIM talk to his friends about this? How should SWIM convince them that it is "safe" for him?

They will not listen to reasoning. All SWIM's friends will say is "Just stop doing that shit!"

What should SWIM do?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: How Do I Explain It

If they won't listen to facts or read facts themself then either don't tell them or find more mature friends.

3. shocker_baller04

shocker_baller04 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Well...the one friend that I am best friends with is the one who won't listen to reasoning. This is a kid that will smoke weed, or get drunk off his ass, but when it comes to cough syrup says "DON'T DO IT!! YOU'LL DIE!!"

He won't listen to reasoning. I have told him on multiple occasions what the adverse effects of using DXM are. And that these effects occur to someone who doses at high doses 2-3 times a week over a long period of time. He has told his friend about the possible chance of liver or kidney damage, Olneys Lesions, etc....both of which SHOULD NOT occur with minimal use of DXM like what I use.

The MOST I have ever dosed on DXM was once every month or two. NO MORE. SWIM can see no harm coming from this.

But like I have said, SWIM's friend still just says "Stop doing that shit!" He has no explanation why and that is all he says.

I do not drive and cannot buy cough syrup for himself and this friend is the only friend he feels safe using it around.

4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Why can't You buy it for themself?

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Maybe he has no arms;)? Makes ya wonder though, don't it?

Shocker_baller04 - can you not understand how SWiY friends could be freaked out & concerned at this point, especially SWiY best friend? A member of their circle has died, & a substance that another friend continues to experiment with has been implicated. They are going to find it hard to listen to reasonable arguments & facts at this time. If, as you say, SWiS_b04's use is so infrequent, maybe just take a rest from it, & talking about it, out of respect for his friends (& the dead!) until the dust has settled. It is very difficult, if not impossible, for people to listen to reasonable arguments when they are freaked out & grieving. Give it a month or 2, in which time SWiY friends may be a bit more amenable, & SWiY may have even met some new people unconnected to the situation.

6. shocker_baller04

shocker_baller04 Newbie

Reputation Points:

But the point of it is no one knew the kid personally. SWIM's best friend merely played Halo Live against him a few times.

He just "heard" that he died from a cough syrup overdose and SWIM told him to bring him the autopsy report. And My friend said the report said he died of an overdose of DX soemthing....hes just making shit up on that one.

7. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

you could try showing him some info that is on the net i.e. the DXM FAQ http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml which makes it pretty clear what the dangers are, maybe look for more info if he still doesnt believe you. just try to back up your facts with sources then they might listen to you.

btw first you say it was SWIM's friends cousin now its just someone he played halo against? or is it both?

8. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

That point wasn't made very clear - in fact was non-existent - in the original post, so an honest mistake on my part. To this mind that is not the point at all, &, apart from the bit about being a member of SWiYour circle of friends, my point remains - SWiY circle of friends have had a scare, & obviously are concerned for SWiY safety, & arguing SWiYour point is not going to work at this moment in time. At this moment in time it all boils down to this - what is more important to SWiS_b04, his friends, or proving a point in order to justify getting high? Like I said before, give it time & things will be different. Presently though it strikes me as a tad insensensitive, as does asking SWiY friend to bring over his cousin's (if the first post is to be believed?) autopsy report to justify SWiYour own drug-use, even if he had access to such a document in the first place.

Many unanswered questions & inconsistencies here - why can't SWiS_b04 buy his own dxm? Who exactly died? Why do I care?

9. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well, if You values his/her friends (or wants to be "allowed at their house"), and you's friends "...will not listen to reasoning" and "will say..."just stop doing that shit!", You should stop using DXM.

10. quili

quili Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I agree with micklemouse the easiest solution at this point might be to drop it and give it up for a month or two, especially if it's now become a big "issue" between You and swiyour friends. They will probably be more stubborn right now than if You approaches the issue later after things have cooled down. Swim Knows for her, it would be (and has been) difficult for her to drop issues such as this, when she feels like she is completely justified. But, that's because she's too stubborn. Really, the best course of action seems to be to try to step down instead of forcing more logic on them when they won't accept it anyway.

11. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:

Yeah, either just dont do it around them or drop it all together, something as petty as dxm use is not worth loosing good freinds for.

12. shocker_baller04

shocker_baller04 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Well SWIM told me a story about today.

Before SWIM left home with his friend that doesn't want him using DXM, SWIM decieded he would drink what was left of the robitussin bottle he had (approximately 220mg of DXM). He drank it and then got in the car and left for school. He got to school still not feeling any effects and after his 1st period began, he began feeling the effects. After an hour of class and 2 hours after ingestion, I started feeling nausea...maybe it was because of the Guaffinesin in the syrup...So SWIM just keeps his head down and by 2nd period he is feeling awesome. He feels drunk, high, and very energetic. So by 3rd period I am practically bouncing off the walls, laughing like crazy, and just pretty much having a GREAT time. One of the best days of school thus far.

So at the end of it when I am still trippin a wee bit, he is on the way home and SWIM's friend starts on him again about drinking cough syrup. SWIM's friend didn't know he had dosed that morning and SWIM made a vow to his friend. He said "I will not drink cough syrup again" And SWIM's friend said good. And as I got out of the car he yelled back "I guess today was my last day."

Then SWIM walked into his house as his friend drove away.

13. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well, any drug is bad for you. And if they are convinced that it kills them the better. They're missing out, that's their problem.

As anyone, including William White, would say, nobody recommends using DXM recreationally. Weed and alcohol are MUCH better for recreation and fun use.

If they aren't willing to accept the mentality and responsibility of DXM, they don't deserve it. You knows You is right, why argue with idiots?

14. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience. - Dogbert

ECL :)

15. shocker_baller04

shocker_baller04 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Lol at above post...But yea...SWIM told him he would never use cough syrup again but SWIM most definately will. It's just too good of a drug for SWIM to let pass him by.

SWIm has other friends that are druggies (coke...pretty much it) that wouldn't care if SWIM drank cough syrup. SIWM even asked his druggie friend to take some before and he just said no cause of the fact that it was cough syrup. But if SWIM's friend did take it, he would do it all the time...He guarantees it.

16. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Why on earth would You drink syrup with guaifenesin in it?

Also a "tsk tsk" to tripping during school. If caught then it could give even more unwanted press to DXM. But, it was a low dosage You took so it shouldn't have garnered much attention. Higher dosages would cause suspicion and possibly result in a stomach pump. Taking such a drug at a high school (as this sounds like it is) is especially risky because there isn't much of a good way out should things turn bad whereas during college, sitting through class and realizing things are going wrong and returning back to a dorm isn't quite as bad --swim just adds this because she would do this during her days of DXM addiction.

17. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:

I assume those last words were some type of sarcasm provoked from too high self-confidence.
    DXM FAQ:
    Ask yourself, is that a path you really want to follow? These individuals give DXM a bad reputation, robo-tripping shouldn't be knowledge for the public.
    I see he's banned, but mabey he'll read this.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  18. CountChristoph

CountChristoph Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

lol..:crazy