Effects - How high does LSD make you?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by micro_mikey, Apr 21, 2007.

1. micro_mikey

micro_mikey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I am thinking about trying acid sometime soon however to be safe I would have to do it at home to be away from traffic etc. How high will I be on the acid? Will swim's parents be able to notice he's high and will swim still remember basic stuff as his name?

Thanks.

2. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: How high?

Depending on dose, I may be very high, I will be tripping. If swims parents are observant and have maybe been around drugs/users then they will probably know, again dose dependent. I should be able to remember his own name, although this is not always the case but it is rarely the case that one will lose his ego.

From the questions you ask I has concluded that you don't know anywhere near enough about this substance that you are planning to take into your body/mind. Don't be stupid, do some research, look around the forums and read as much as you can, read trip reports.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  3. pickledsheep

pickledsheep Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

It may be beneficial to avoid dosing around significant others, especially if they disprove of the activity. No sense disrespecting the household. It potentially could bring on some unwanted anxiety. Always be careful. Set and setting.

4. dancingbear

dancingbear Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

You should try to remember that this substance is not a party drug or anything to be taken light-heartedly. You should also probably not combine the substance with anything, as s/he seems inexperienced with psychedelics altogether.

As pickledsheep said, set and setting. If these words don't ring a bell, don't do acid. Acquire knowledge first. Be safe.

5. Jaime

Jaime Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Trust, on 'cid you're really high, exspecially the first time. Of course, it depends from the dose, but I'd guess that you'll be HIGH.
    Parents: imho they'd notice it. The first time you can't know what to expect (expecially if you're unexperienced with any kind of entheogens). And you must pay attention to the pupil dilation too. If yuo're bright eyed you're fucked, but even with dark eyes it's an hazard imho...

6. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

As stated above .....do not trip around swiy's parents for swiy's first time.....its just asking for a bad experience.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Title changed.

Remember:

From the rules:

• Use descriptive Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read. Topics with bad Topic subjects may be deleted! - there's nothing more annoying than looking at all those stupid "A stupid question" subject lines. I mean, I'm damn lazy, but how hard is it to type "A stupid question about (insert something here)"? As a rule of thumb, most thread titles should include the full name of the drug discussed.

A rule many tend to forget will cause a mass of warnings soon...Rules are here:

https://drugs-forum.com/wiki/The_Rules

8. dancingbear

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Nagognog = one sharp mod!

9. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, inexperienced seemes the case. Try Lsa fist, migh i suggest.But even this can be strong, You needs experience

10. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    please, remember some points...

- like others said here, you seem to not have experience with psychedelics at all, and you're not informed well. change this, be really careful with set & setting... (at least if you care for your psychich health), be in good mood, and for god's sake, prepare yourself, study it before you do it first time! get every piece of information that has a value, and read about the myth of alice and also about the truth.

- of course people will notice you're high. your pupils will dilate, and swim means not like on MJ, they'll be HUGE! your speech will be messed up at least a bit, and you'll behave erratic (you can be clear in your mind, but your behaviour won't be logical to others).

your perception will be changed heavily, perhaps to the point of loosing the ability to judge situations (e.g. you won't think that nothing can hurt you and jump on the street, but your perception of speed will be disturbed, your reaction times will be longer by a good amount, which can lead to injuries if you participate in traffic. you'll maybe sweat a lot, and other people can be scary (your parents won't look nothing like they do usually, trust swim). you'll be euphoric if your set & setting is right, and laugh ridiculously much
    and everything will be funny as hell.

to sum it up: yes, you have no chance to hide the trip if you get caught, especially at higher dosages.... and getting caught by your parents (not if you're like swim and can talk with your parents about this) is NOT a positive push to your mood....

please don't do it with the amount of knowledge you have right now - or you'll give the government one more reason... to tell everyone Alice is a killer drug or food for more myths...

11. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How high will LSD make swiy? Too high to accurately explain to somebody with no similar experiences.

Will swiy's parents notice? Yes, they will, especially if it's swiy's first time.

12. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    lol @ to be away from traffic.
    remember those old pamphlits that they would give out in school like "alcohol and depression" and "STD's" they were like little cartoon charecters and they would tell you how bad drugs are and what they do to you.
    i remember in the LSD one it said "even crossing the street can be difficult"
    my friends and i would always joke about that when we had to cross a street. sorry i geuss this had nothing relivent to add to the conversation so here goes...yeah, i wouldnt recomend your friend doing this activity at home unless MAYBE its after everyone else is in bed and theres a sober person there even this can be risky though. best to wait till the time is right.

also, read "how to get out of a bad trip?" by pirate if I think they might be prepared to handle a situation like that in the stated envirnment then go for it otherwise...wait

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
  13. Nacumen

Nacumen Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    LSD doesn't get one high like marijuana does. LSD gets you tripping. Both are broad terms and can encompass many states of mind, but even so they hardly overlap one another in colloquial use. LSD is such that if You has to keep his trip secret from others while tripping, You may feel imprisoned and very uncomfortable.

LSD is good for exploring one's world and one's mind. Both will be difficult and at the least somewhat aggravating to do if one has to remain normally attached to society.

If this is all You will read, then I might as well give You a few additional tips.

For you's first time, trip with a sitter or not at all. Sometimes, experience with other psychoactives will make you more susceptible to unpredictable situations than not. Confidence is good, but overconfidence can prove dangerous. LSD is extremely unpredictable for a first timer.

Remember, any potency of a hit of LSD that you'll be able to buy from a dealer will not kill you, and if you begin to think so, tell yourself that the trip and the paranoia will both pass eventually.

For some people, tripping becomes more enjoyable the more they do it. For others, it becomes less enjoyable. If You can't find someone to trip with for you's first time, You shouldn't pressure an experienced friend into doing it with him if the friend truly doesn't want to drop acid. Psychoactive substances and fellow psychonauts must always be treated with respect.

That all being said, LSD is a wonderful substance. If treated with respect, LSD will open many new doors for you.

Trip safely.

14. dancingbear

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Yes. RESPECT is the key word when dealing with psychedelics, every single one of them. They're not toys you toss away when bored. Once you drop, you never stop.

LSD is a lifetime choice. You're never coming back being the same person you took off as. It's wonderful, mind-blowing, astounding, but at the same time, it can be hell, misery, death, oblivion.

Don't do it if depressed or if there is severe depression in your family. Remain humble and respectful. Learn to use your mind without drugs first. If you get stuck on thoughts while sober or while on MJ, acid will be that multiplied by a hundred. Or thousand.

Not meaning to scare You off. LSD is a wonderful sacrament when treated with due respect. Take care and enjoy.

15. The Frog

The Frog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    LSD will blow your mind...many things can not be described with mere words...

Everyone replying is absolutely correct in saying that you definately need to do some research.

A good response SWIM read was for you to consider LSA before LSD. Morning Glory Heavenly Blue is the best route. This will ease you into the world of Lysergic acid and will let You become aware of the possibilities of LSD. Remember that LSD is 100x stronger than LSA. This is very important...if at first say You gets a rather powerful experience from using LSA(more physical and mental than visual--visually LSA will just cause a brightening of light and color even at extremely high doses)(also you might want to experiment a few times more just to somewhat get used to the feeling cause SWIM's opinion, LSA feels very similar to LSD just MUCH weaker and minus the visuals)...then imagine LSD (just 1 "hit" for first timer) being 100x more powerful and consider the incredible visual effect that will come with it. Do not underestimate LSD. She is a proud Queen that will kick your ass if you aren't smart. I can't scream "SET & SETTING!" loud enough...think before you dose because once it's ingested you wont be straight for a good solid 12 to 14 hours (or longer depending on dose and potency). Think first because you could quite possibly regret it later and first impressions are everything and my heard too many people say that they would "never do acid again that was too fucked up, no way!" and SWIM sometimes tries to convince them otherwise as LSD is SWIM's favorite drug but people are ignorant and naive and don't think about set and setting and just fuck themselves up....LSD is wonderful, a beautiful and mystical experience SWIM highly recommends...but DON'T BE STUPID!!!!!

Good luck
    Happy Trip

16. pickledsheep

pickledsheep Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I think that a decent analogy would be:

Would you ever consider flying a plane with no schooling? How overwhelming would it be to see that massive panel of instruments and gauges in front of you, especially if you had never even driven a car?

LSD isn't a toy, it a powerful means of transportation (albeit not a physical type). It's a fighter jet, maneuverable, and effective, but only if you know how to operate it. Learn how to drive a minivan before taking the plunge.

17. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Your parents will see your saucer shaped eyes and know instantly. end of.

18. Nacumen

Nacumen Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Not necessarily. He might have resilient pupils like I do. It takes a long night of rolling for SWIM to get even partially dilated pupils. That combined with SWIM's dark brown eye color makes his pupils very hard to tell whether they're big or just normal.

19. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    All of the above is true. However, I think the information-safety curve is very steep, meaning that you only need to read fairly little to get the picture and to be safe (compared to not knowing anything at all). Ofcourse more reading is helpful, but not nearly as much. Differing opinions by possibly more experienced members are welcome. Reading trip reports and tips to make/turn your trip positive are the most essential types of info in my mind. Learn from others' mistakes.

So what happened in the end? Did You proceed to take LSD and where?

20. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes the dinner plate sized pupils is a give away and another one is trying WAY to hard to act sober while frying balls