How long BEFORE marijuana shows up

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by truestbet, Jun 10, 2005.

1. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know it has been asked many times, how long it shows up for, but I need to know a more different question. Say if I was clean, then smoked a joint, how long before my urine is going to show up as dirty for marijuana? Doesn't it have to go through your system before it gets into your piss, and wouldnt it have to metabloize or something? I was thinking at least an hour to afew hours, but maybe longer? If anyone knowshow long before it does show up if you are already clean,I would aprreciate it.

2. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i would give it a day. I only say this because i have had drug screens where i have kept clean up to the day of the test (~6hrs before the test) i smoked, but i still passed.

But if your clean then you have a THC level of 0ng/ml and when you smoke you might or might not pass the cut off of 50ng/ml. As for showing up on a drug screen dont take my word as defenate, because it will differ with every personand it will also depend if you pass the cut off.

Muirner

3. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I smoked about eight hours before a test (I, uh, forgot. Fuck[​IMG]).
    I had not smoked for a month. Test came back "POSH"
    (Positive-High) for THC50, with the quant showing 145 (in my case, 50
    would be considered positive. My first ever test, with no
    warning, came back at 552!)

4. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks but can anyone else please add something about an exact time before it will come back positive. I am talking (theoryetically) if you smoked1 hour before you took the test, but had been 100 percent clean for 3 weeks. Anyone?

5. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I doubt thats possible. Results would be dependant on your weight, height, metabolism, etc.

Are you saying you did smoke a joint, and are worried about the results, or are you considering smoking one?

Why not just wait till after?

6. GreyApple

GreyApple Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    for my understandin 24 hours

7. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:

thats what i have always heard too, but I would guess it to be more like 6 hours or something? I know it was a stupid question, and I don't even need the answer now, but how long does it really take? Surely some one knows, but its irrelevant at any rate.

8. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would probably say it would show up after about 5 SECONDS (give or take). The moment it hits your lungs it is being metabolized ... and given that drug tests look for extremely minute quantities of THC metabolites (on the magnitude of ng/mL) and the fact that you just put THC in your body on the magnitude of mg/mL (1 million fold increase) it would not take long for the 50ng marker to be reached.

9. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Yes, it is allready being metabloized, but the question is how long
    until the metabolites are able to transfer into your urinary
    tract. My guess would be about 2-4 hours.