How long do I have to wait with GBL?

Discussion in 'GHB' started by Kennell, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Kennell

Kennell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey there. It was about 5 months ago that I tried GBL first time and oh man how I fell in love with it instantly. I took it daily and pretty soon to sleep too. After about a month I realised I was really physically addicted too. For few monthsI tried to take less and less but got nowhere until it got to the point I needed some sleeping medicine from a doctor and after that a sleeping medicine which acts also as a SSRI antidepressant. And I still had to take GHB. Then It just got sick and I had to go to a kind a "rehab". I only spent a night there and was somehow ok next day and threw away my remaining GHB. About a week after that I thought to myself that my tolerance must now be pretty much the same that it was in the beginning and I would use it wisely this time. But bullshit.. My tolerance was nowhere near the same it wasin the beginning and the same cyclye happened in about 3 weeks.I was sent to hospital from work because I was falling asleep on my feet. And btwduring my whole experience the effect of one dose got very very different.The sleep effect wasn´t atall so effective and I could barely sleep at all. And sometimes efedrine and caffein would make me tiredor calm instead of alert.Everything went reallyweird. And I did use about a month some kind of sleeping pill that was similiar to benzodiapines. I noticed that changed something. And the SSRI medicine made everything totally crazy. Now I have been without G for maybe 8 days. But I´ve had some benzos to help. And drinking a little too. NowI just ordered the book GHB - The natural mood enhancer. Maybe it will show me the way how to take it wisely. All I know that the first month when I took it constantly was the best time of my life.And thesedays today are just miserable. Thereis a hole in my soul like they say. I was just wondering how long must I wait here that my body gets back to normal and the tolerance. I took both GBL and GHB but more GBL. The addiction is a very real thing.. even though I at least want to be on GHB´s side. But I wonder can I ever use it wisely. Because right after my first shot of GBL I felt great. But as soon as the effect was over I was longing for it again. You people who use it wisely is it just constant ups and downs? Or does GHB affect positively even after the immidiate effect is gone? I´m not sure will I ever start to use GHB again.I would really like to but I need to know if I can do it wisely. I use alcohol too from time to time and efedrine and coffein before working out and partying. But GHB is the thing that I miss right now so much. Thank you and .. bless yourselves.

2. neurochem

neurochem Newbie

Reputation Points:
    know how you feel... G's first dose makes a person feel euphoric. After continued use, the euphoria goes away. Then the subsequent doses are to stave off the jitters and anxiety. Depending on how long you used G, it takes months and years to get your Gaba system to return to normal. It is a very delicate neurotransmitter. A person must stay away from all types of drugs that effect that system. A remarkable tolerance for benzos, barbs, and alcohol will develop as well.

To use it wisely is very tough. IMO, withdrawls are the worst out of any drug out there.By far the toughest addiction too. A few things can help though:

- measure your doses with a syringe, do not consume with alcohol, take only light or moderate doses when not at home

- longer acting benzos can be used a few hours afteryour last Gdose to stave off the jitters. Clonzepam or Diazepam

- A long acting barbituate is better than a benzo. LikePhenebarbital......

- taper your G doses to come off....lengthen the time in between doses and slightly less dose as well...this can only be done with a syringe

-SSRI's and anti manic type drugscan help. Lexapro with trazodone at night. Seroquel, zyprexa, and lithium will help since they balance glutamate and dopamine levels. Wellbutrinwill not work

-beta blockerswill also help..Catapress, Inderal, etc..

- stay away from caffeine, nicotine, or any other type of stimulant. Stimulants can raise the dose threshold for passing out on the influence of G. They will also increase the seizure threshold as well.

.&nbsp ;

3. Kennell

Kennell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    But I don´t want to use zillion drugs.. Before I tried GHB or GBL actually I drank few times a month and I could drink quite a lot. And I work out. So even though many drugs affect GABA I don´t think they all put the same pressure to it. I took basic dose 2ml of GBL and with my "good" liquor head it still felt big time. I believe that something like 80% of brain activity is being transmitted by GABA. So I doubt it is that simple that I just have to stay off of everything for many months. At least I hope so. But all I really need is a little bit better avarage mood and the ability to get really drunk with my friends every once in a while. And maybe GHB for my alone times with the computer or boring day at work or something. And everything without addiction of course

4. psyki

psyki Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You don't need a zillion drugs, detoxing from GHB is only as hard as
    your willpower is weak. If you have a supply and can taper
    yourself, I have had success doing this every time. As with any
    drug, moderation is the key, and GHB can be as addictive as any opiate
    as you have found out yourself.

For SWIM, he only has to wait a few days to get the euphoria
    back. But he never takes it 24/7 any more, otherwise you just
    waste your supply just maintaining "normal".

5. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    First of all convert all your GBL, I've found GBL leads to redosing and
    binging much more then GHB because of the jitters and dopamine rebound.
    Second if you do binge taper off, try to use it only to sleep at first
    and if anxiety gets bad in the day I mean really bad take 1gram and see
    if that helps. When you get to the point you only use it to sleep and
    don't need a dose in the day for anxiety one night skip the GHB and try
    to sleep unassisted. If you can't do it use something like ambien for
    that one night, the next night you should be able to sleep like a baby.

Its your call whether it is worth it to keep using, only you can weigh
    the risks and benefits. You might be among the people who are prone to
    addiction to this drug.

Do a search on phenibut too if you can't obtain barbs, it can help with the rebound.

Oh and the caffeine thing is actually known that in combination with GHB it can actually have the opposite effect.

6. Kennell

Kennell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok so I´ve been soon about 10 days without GHB/GBL. And beginning to feel pretty normal. When/if I do start using again and use this 5 days on 2 days off how many shots can I take during a day when using? I usually took 2ml gbl or 10ml of ghb. I don´t know what that is in grams. And I was hoping I wouldn´t need it to sleep at all.. ever.

7. Kennell

Kennell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    unico I believe you thought I´m still using. Nope. Now I take a few beers almost every night. I get so damn depressed without GHB/GBL. But I had no idea what I was doing when I started those months ago. I was just told it´s not addictive. But I DO want to find the golden middle way. Because the way without it sucks.. Now at least

8. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I find there are two ways, using it only on special occasions or
    when you're feeling particularly depressed, or using a small dose once
    or twice daily. Thats if you're using it for depression.

The main thing is to have a goal in mind and don't let yourself slip into 24/7 use again, the tolerance alone makes it a waste.

9. siiix

siiix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

see this i'm the same with

altrought i newer used it more then 1x or max 2x week, i have no problem like that

but for very long time i simply not able to get it anywhere

at this point i dont even care how much it cost or where i have to go,
    i would fry to the other end of the planet just to get it, and in my
    case its not adiction is like love for something, like a mounten climer
    missing the mountain, i found somehing i really like and the fuckers
    tuke it away from me

in some cases i be able to find GBL or something similar for
    insane high prises but its not the same it wont give me the same
    feeling and in some cases it makes me a bit sick

its a sad world, i miss my hobby [​IMG]

10. psyki

psyki Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Like unico said what's most important is that you do not start taking
    it 24/7, period. I found that even 1-2 doses per night for a
    few weeks, the euphoria definitely slips away. No withdrawals
    really but it just wasn't as fun. I would recommend the same
    number of days on and off, IE 2 days on 2 days off, or 5 days on 5 days
    off etc.

11. moeBius

moeBius Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.
    just wanted to annontate that the withdrawal from gbl is stronger than from ghb.

although i did not experienced it personally there are many users who claim this.

it's a bit problematic because of legality questions but swim advises
    everyone who takes gbl more often should turn it into ghb.

Edited by: moeBius

12. Kennell

Kennell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So these "My" how many doses can they take during the day if they do it 5 days on and 2 days off for example. And do they use it at night? I would just like to know how much he can take without the risk of addiction. Of course it depends on the person but to get a little direction. Last time I didn´t know at all what he was doing.

13. Kennell

Kennell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am just so excited because he´s gonna get his first GBL in a few days (later on it will be GHB I suppose if it´s less addictive) but he has been now 2½ weeks without any G and could easily over do it again without people telling him how much can he do it! It has been so stressful time for him. Heart pounding all the time but It must be because of efedrin and other drugs (doctor prescripted, really) that he did during his time with G last time that has made this withdrawl more difficult. Now he just wantsto relax for at least one or two days.

14. psyki

psyki Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There is no magic number of doses that will guarantee you won't get
    addicted, ultimately you will have to figure that on your own. 5
    days on and 2 days off sounds like a recipe for addiction if you ask
    SWIM. Do yourself a favor and convert the GBL into GHB.

15. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There is no magic number like Psyki said, I've read a paper by an
    associate of the discoverer of GHB that mentions using 1 gram 2-3 times
    per day for depression. But then he also doesn't seem to be aware of
    the dopamine rebound at all(granted its much lighter with GHB as
    opposed to GBL).

Try one day on, two days off. The often quoted 5 days on 2 days off is
    just to see if you crave it and have anxiety on the 2 days off. And if
    you do you're supposed to quit or lower your dosing til you don't.

16. Kennell

Kennell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Most of the sites talks about GHB grams. But I have only used GBL and GHB liquid. So how many grams is one ml of GBL?

17. psyki

psyki Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It's pretty much impossible to know the concentration of liquid GHB
    unless you made it yourself, or know the person who did. That
    said, the "standard" concentration is 1g GHB per 5ml water, so if you
    take 15ml (or approximately 1 tablespoon) you would be taking 3 grams
    of GHB.