1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - How long do the effects of tramadol hydrochloride last?

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by santi961, Sep 28, 2013.

1. santi961

santi961 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Hey guys,

I took Tram for the first time yesterday.
    I took 100mg @ 11pm and went to sleep @ 2am
    I woke up @ 11am to go to the bathroom and was experiencing difficulty urinating.

I look up the Half-Life of Tram and it's 7 hours maximum!

So i'm wondering why I'm still feeling the effects of the Tramadol?

PS. I had taken 50mg @ 2pm yesterday, but that Tram should've also been out of my system by the time I took the 100mg.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  2. Guppe

Guppe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    You just simply took too high of a dose in my opinion. The half life is only the average time it takes for a human to have the body breakdown the drug by 50%. I would wait another 7-14 hours for your tramadol symptoms to be cut in half more and hopefully they'll subside before worrying one bit. Start with a smaller dose next time and experiment, can only make your supply last longer ;).

I just hope you are able to keep to your commitments today as I know this probably complicates things. I'm not familiar with tramadol dosages but are you 110% sure your capable of driving? There's no shame in asking a friend for a ride since you are just trying out a new medication. When I use new medications I make sure to avoid driving 100% because everyone reacts differently, and theirs no excuse to put the potential of a family's life in jeopardy just to make your day easier by allowing your a little more time.

3. santi961

santi961 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Yea, I'm not too busy today.
    I had a doctor's appointment but I took a Taxi.
    Thanks for the advice

4. Guppe

Guppe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    So this must have been a pleasent experience I am guessing? Hear I am, picturing you fumbling throughout your day frustrated trying your best to cope. haha!

And no problem, this was actually a good reminder for me about half-lives. Afoaf hasn't been giving them proper respect as I should as of late.

5. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I rarely take tramadol but the other day, I took 250 mg and didn't feel a thing at first. But then about 6 or 7 hours later when I'd had some alcohol and benzos, I felt a familiar opiate buzz, not a sloppy fucked up benzo/alcohol buzz.

Maybe I metabolize tramadol slower than a lot of people (it is a pro-drug). I'm also the same way with codeine. I can take huge doses and feel very little effect.

(I do not advice anyone ever combine tramadol or any opiate with benzos or alcohol. it could be life threatening)

ps, weird, lol I reverted to talking about myself in the third person in this post for some fucking reason. I had to fix it. I've never done that before! fucking weird.

6. Guppe

Guppe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Not saying your wrong at all, but I have the same feelings about how think I may metabolize drugs quicker/slower depending on what it is. Just the problem is, when benzos are involved =p.

7. santi961

santi961 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    This is my first experience with Opiates, so metabolism could have been the cause.
    I metabolize benzos pretty normally

8. Gryzor

Gryzor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from The Netherlands
    half life is more like 9 hrs its a prodrug essentially. effects when not tolerant can last to 12 MAYBE 14 hours but when a regular user sometimes as little as 3-4 hrs usually 6-7.