1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

How long does smoked Oxycontin stay in your system?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by gunsmokegirl, Aug 31, 2008.

1. gunsmokegirl

gunsmokegirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone know the answer to this question... when Oxycontin is smoked, does it stay in your system longer than if it is taken in pill form? From what I have read, in pill form, it will show up on a drug test for up to 2-3 days. Just wondering if it's the same when it's smoked.

Thanks!

2. beena

beena Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Usually opiates stay in your system for three days. After this they won't show up in a drug test. SWIM doesn't think it matters how they are taken but she could be wrong.

3. chillinwill

chillinwill

Reputation Points:
    I don't think it matters which way a drug is consumed since it all goes into the bloodstream one way or another....it should metabolize at the same rate and get out of your system at the same speed.....if I am wrong, please correct me because I am not 100% sure on this

4. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    it's smokeable, but a waste. Opiates hate heat (exept opium) so you're better off snorting oxycodone, if it's just oxycodone.

5. bigearl

bigearl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    negatory ghost rider, they may not have just tested that drug. thats a big misinterpretation some think they beat a drug test, 80 % the time they just didn't test that drug. Drug tests only test for usually 4-5 different drugs . Most common thc coc morphine codone but there's another 10 they can hit so it'll fluctuate what is tested