1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Setting - How long does weed smoke get out of a room

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by snowfield, Apr 26, 2009.

1. snowfield

snowfield Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from philippines
    hello. swim needs to be tus all the time. "tus" is a word widely used in the philippines meaning like, when the cops or other people come and You is smoking some dope, friends say "tus" and You automatically hides any evidence. maybe You can use that term. or can You suggest any tus words? sorry for swerving there. anyway, how long does weed smoke get out of the room smoke exhaled in the room AND the comparison of the smoke being exhaled outside the window, even the pipe slightly outside the window so any form of virtual smoke is seen fly away from the window. swim needs to know this because I live in a stupid missionary house for rehabilitation purposes for doing drugs

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    That question is hard to answer. It's like asking how long does it take to empty a bathtub. It depends on the amount of water and the speed in which it goes down the drain.

3. snowfield

snowfield Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from philippines
    when i say room i meant a normal bedroom sized room, as for the air around i mean the normal air movement speed thing that everyone experiences in a normal day

4. Stu Bai

Stu Bai Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from ireland
    It also depends on the strain of Cannabis. If you can, start burning incense as a cover up or to confuse the smell of the room more. Best thing Swim ever started doing :).

5. leary

leary Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Alright, when I was a youngster he had A LOT of experience in this area, hiding from his parents and such. So, many variables are involved in swiys question here, the smell of pot in a room and how long it lasts is determined by, amount smoked, smell of weed itself, method of consumption, time, a/c or not, windows open or not, smoking out of window or not, and a few other things that have a minor impact.... but swim sees your situation is smoking with a bowl in a bedroom, he would suggest putting the fan on and oppening any windows UNLESS wind is blowing in than only open after smoking, but if the wind is right You should take his hit, hold it for as long as possible so he can can smoke as little as possible, and exhale out the window, also smoking as fast as You can would be a good idea, once the session is over put everything wherever You puts it, and if the rooms just stands with fan on and window open the smell may clear within an hour or so, thigns can be done to speed this procces up such as using maskers like axe or blunt-b-gone (works wonders when hotboxing a car and a 5-0 rolls up), making a sploof (dryer sheets put in a paper towl tube) You would blow their hits through this... but that one hour estimate i gave ealier is and EXTREMELY rough guess, its really hard to tell how long a smell lasts, i mean one time swim and few of his freinds smoked an O in this bathroom with the window closed and a towel under the door and no fan, and they let it sit for like 3 hours after the session was over and when they came back the next day it still REEKED of pot... so its all very realative

6. Fango

Fango Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    doing drugs in rehab? Power to You for fighting forced rehabilitation.

Smoke out of a window, with the J out of the window if possible and exhale out of the window. If you have to smoke with no circulation the smell will linger, the best bet to make things not smell is not smoke near fabrics or anything that will take up the smell. If you are in a controlled environment, then trying to mask it with another smell is more likely to cause problems than solve them, so you want to focus on smoking in a way that doesn't allow smoke to linger. Id say making a light bulb vape could work, but that could also make it look like your doing crack, so thats not a great idea.

How strict is the place, maybe a smokeless pipe could help? If your allowed to keep paraphernalia? not sure of the laws in the philipines regarding pipes and whatnot. But I have personally used the Agent Blue smokeless pipe and that does wonders for not releasing smoke, from the actual combustion of the weed, so if you inhale as hard as you can, and blow out of a window barely any odor will get out.

Hope this helps.

7. chaosx

chaosx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o from U.S.A.
    when evil was young he would smoke in the bathroom attached to his bedroom, he would take a cardboard toilet paper insert and stuff a couple dryer sheets in it. the kind you are supposed to put in with your cloths in the cloths dryer. smoke, exhale through the role out a window. evil was amazed at how this hid the smell first time he saw this.

8. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    One could always add some herb to some oily/fatty food, and eat it to get high, eliminating smoke altogether.. Various ways of preparing cannabis for eating, recipes and various methods for ingesting it depending on one's access to an empty kitchen for a little while, etc..

9. snowfield

snowfield Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from philippines
    the place is not strict at all. they all think swim stopped and I had a big bag o weed hidden somewhere. what I use is a normal pipe, which swim blows out directly to the window and when swim smokes I make sure that the pipe is really near the window so all the smoke is out and swim blows out all the smoke out the window, too swim also covers the pipe with swims lighter so while I am inhaling the bowl wont release smoke. swim normally smokes only one bowl; after that swim sprays some perfume. does You think that works?

snowfield added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

weed will not get you high unless it is heated. and if swim cooks it even though everyones around I am sure the whole kitchen will smell like weed.. and they know what that smells like

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  10. Fango

Fango Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Mostly correct, but with some high quality resin, the oily squish black kinds, I has dumped a couple of grams worth of it into a live yogurt, mixed it up and it blew his mind! NB: Will take 30-120 mins to kick in.

Not advisable if you plan on doing anything for about 5 hours after tho... it turned a BBQ into one of the most complicated ordeals ever! haha.

Alternatively, if you have a microwave in your dorm try this:

good luck and happy flying ;)