1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

How long frozen urine lasts

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by Doobie jay, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Doobie jay

Doobie jay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Missouri, United States
    Hello all,
    I wanted to clarify some speculation about frozen urine and it's lifespan. Perhaps my case is special and please correct me if wrong.

I had a test come up for a client recently. It was a standard pre-employemnt drug screen at a lab. I had subbed my clean urine before and had no worries. Till I started reading threads where people said frozen urine lasts up to a year. My clean urine had been frozen for 3+ years. I was real worried but decided to continue with using my old clean as i figured i could get a retest worst case. Come 3 days after the test I passed with flying colors.

Now not sure what makes my case special but I would say over a year is safe to use. Here is how I froze my urine if it helps.

I put mine in my deep freeze. I filled a 2 liter bottle. As soon as I peed into it, I stuck it into that freezer. I then topped it of till it was full. I had only used that bottle one other time. So a total of 2 defrosts with in those 3+ years. When defrosting I used warm water till most was thawed and shook till mixed.

That's all I can think of. Hope this helps

2. Papasgirl

Papasgirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Arizona, United States
    Yes hot water in a cup (straight from tap). Worked perfect getting the pee to match my core body temperature ... But unfortunately there was no need for the clean pee that day... So I came home checked the temp one more time before REFREEZING it !! Was worried the pee would go bad , going from hot to froze back to hot and froze and about to warm it back up again .. I know it calmed my nerves finding someone who refreez and worked fine for you

3. Doobie jay

Doobie jay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Missouri, United States
    Glad it was helpful.
    But keep in mind, my bottle was never warmed to body temp. It was warmed enough that 1/2 -3/4 was melted. Then I would poor into smaller bottle for test.
    So my 2 liter was not out of the freezer for more than a couple hours each time and still cold when poured out of it.

4. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Apprentice Sorcerer Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o from Germany
    the fact that most never thawed must have kept it under bacteria growth temperature.
    thats allyou need to look for - there is nothing that would disintegrate as long as it's not changed by microorganisms.
    Nonetheless I'd rather use smaller bottles. no need to cool with CO2 or liquid N. Regular ****freezer is enough. It doesnt even need to be frozen, keeping it as cold as 3°C should be enough preservation, keeping germs growth at about zero.
    Urine doesnt need it cooler than meat does ;)

5. Papasgirl

Papasgirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Arizona, United States
    ok so check it out ... this is the problem im having... so im active in a methedone matientance program, and unfortunally have been put on 30 contract with a set clean date , so basically i had 30 days to get RIGHT . I was given a set clean date on the 8th . So of course the week before this date i got clean .( the 8th landed on a friday). So i go to the clinic finally CLEAN & READY to pee !!! Well , for what ever reason , i wasnt ordered to pee on that day.... so great now i gotta wait until monday to pee for them ..... So being the addict that i am i broke weak froze that bottle of pee pulled and all nighter with my bf. (its crazy how high you get if you take a week break from meth). ok so monday came , and still im not being ordered to drop !!! So i bring it to their attention that im on contract and i was supossed to drop on the 8th whats going on , soooo they call my case worker and im told to just wait until i see my name on the list of people having to drop for the day .. ( random drug screens are done once a month). Mine should be any day now , so the following day i didnt bring the pee with me but its ok because my name isnt on the list to drop so i get to the window to dose and im told i have to drop!!! so what did i do , i leave the clinic without dosing cause i couldnt pee for them ... so the following day wednesday , im thinking that im finally going to get this over with and the **** computers were down and their having to hand dose everybody that day and NO DRUG SCREENS for the day. I apologize for telling my whole life story .... I'm trying to find out if this bottle of pee i keep warming up eachday , and refreezing...... IS IT EVEN STILL GOOD ? IS IT STILL USABLE?