How long is Ambien detectable?

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by Drunkgiraffe, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Drunkgiraffe

Drunkgiraffe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Does anyone know how long Ambien stays in your system for a urine test?

Any Info is greatly Appreciated.

2. London_Bloke

London_Bloke Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Ambien

Not sure, but FWIW, I has had to take many piss tests as she is in a line of work that regularly requires them (IT) and I have always been asked to list her medications. She has NEVER had to prove that she has a prescription for any of them. So SWIM's advice is: don't worry about how long Ambien lasts in You system, it is a prescription medication taken by millions - just list it when you go to the collection center and it will be fine. I am a veteran on over 2 dozen urine tests, and has never been called upon to produce a proof of prescription yet.

Just put it on your list and You will be fine. Lying is what puts asses into cracks.

3. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o

Yes I don't think it would be much to worry about,most of the drug naive public wouldn't even think of Ambien being a recreational drug(even though its a very good one in My opinion)I doubt they would even look twice if they found Ambien in yous system.

4. Drunkgiraffe

Drunkgiraffe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o

Any info though, my rehab tests for it.

5. London_Bloke

London_Bloke Gold Member

Reputation Points:

A simple Google search for "ambien half-life" reveals this:

"The type and duration of hypnotic effects and the profile of unwanted effects during administration of hypnotic drugs may be influenced by the biologic half- life of administered drug and any active metabolites formed. When half-lives are long, drug or metabolites may accumulate during periods of nightly administration and may be associated with impairment of cognitive and/or motor performance during waking hours; the possibility of interaction with other psychoactive drugs or alcohol will be enhanced. In contrast, if half-lives, including half-lives of active metabolites, are short, drug and metabolites will be cleared before the next dose is ingested, and carryover effects related to excessive sedation or CNS depression should be minimal or absent. Zolpidem tartrate has a short half-life and no active metabolites."

In a nutshell, this stuff is designed to clear out quick because if it didn't it would start to build up in your system and You would look like something from a George Romero movie. This is the opposite of how SSRI's work and why they are ineffective for the first few weeks until your serum plasma levels reach a certain concentration. That's the best SWIM can tell.