1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking - How long should good meth take to recrystallize?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by -ph7, Jan 9, 2009.

1. -ph7

-ph7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    SWIM is wondering how long should good meth take to recrystallize? Normally, SWIM would see it recrystallize in about 5-15 seconds. However lately about three bowls have started to crystallize very slow. Takes FOREVER for it to start to solify- then recrystallizes unevenly in a polkadot pattern.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could take it so long to recrystalize? For a while it seems like it is semi-solid, however it is still liquid looking and 100% clear. After about 5mins it will turn totaly white.

Seen mixed resusts with the same gear in diffrent pipes. It has doen this in two diffrent pipes, however not every bowl.

Info?

2. dillinja42

dillinja42 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM has been seeing the same stuff recently. Does SWIY notice something about the smell? Does it smell different from the rest?

3. -ph7

-ph7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Yep, however I get annoyed and can't comment on the effects or taste because I'll stop smoking.

Any idea wtf this is?

Las vegas, nv btw.

4. olde

olde Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    What swiy has is probably unreacted ephedrine.when it cools down,and is no longer like a gel,try to scrape it off, and check to see if its powder,like the consistency of talc.

5. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from California, U.S.A.
    what lizards in the deserts of nevada and california are telling me, " good old cut " and a lot of it.

the content of a glass pipe will recrystalize in about twenty seconds or less afer flame is removed , when it takes a long time , its a cutting agent.

if the pookie ( meth pipe ) is the thick glass type then cool it down with a moist paper towel , and then the it should recrystalize imediatley, if it is real.

caution , do not try that with a homemade pipe or a thin store bought, it will crack.!!!!

this is the info a gathered from talking to the desert dwellers. the word bunk got used a lot in the conversation.

6. DopeHeadedFiend

DopeHeadedFiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    yep usually when it comes back it a polka dot pattern like that means that its cut with something like raid or something simular

7. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Hate to revive an ancient post, but today My Little Pony tells me that he got some stuff that sounds exactly like this. Do any SWIY's out there know what this is cut with or how to clean it

8. Parke

Parke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Hmm, It sounds similar to MSM. MSM is believed to be a popular substance used when cutting methamphetamine. Perhaps try to recrystalize? Look around on the forums for a tutorial. MSM runs down the foil and then appears to gel up, instead of "crack back".

9. pulpz

pulpz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Arizona, U.S.A.
    My pet Sloth slowly but surely just said he believes what your referring to could possibly be: N-isopropylbenzylamine HCl a crap cutting agent that mimics meth, except for the part when it very slowly recrystallizes and leaves a pinwheel type pattern in the pookie. My Sloth also muttered that it tends to produce a headache shortly after toking. For more information about this go here:

usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/journal_v6_num12/pg4 dot html

Peace & Hairgrease!
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  10. necromonster

necromonster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Indiana, U.S.A.
    i believe moisture in the air at the time of RX'n and smoking are major contributing factors. WTF is cut.. dont have that problem in my neck of the woods. heheheh

11. Girl Interupted

Girl Interupted Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I contacted a meth recovery center. They were ever so kind as to have an unknown recovering meth user contact me. This is what they said:

Sounds like unreacted ephedrine (cook was incomplete). Oily amber color, thinkens as it dries, funky unpleasent slight minty or medicine taste (THE TASTE OF FAILURE), leaves an odor when exhaled, does not crack back (Not sure about correct use of term, Crack Back).

Under Processed Cook - Crystalizes in a kaleidscope pattern (little
    circles) as it dries.
    Completely Processed - Crystalizes in a feathering-like pattern as it dries.

I tried to atch picture to give you a better idea of the patterns they described. I'm not sure if it worked.

They also said that a lot of times, underprocessed cook is the result of shake & bake.

Attached Files:

12. Godzillion

Godzillion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Olde hit it right on the nose. If it's parachuting back in circles, it's ephedrine. MSM comes back like the real deal, my dog said he seen this in a DARE presentation at school.

13. Girl Interupted

Girl Interupted Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Parachuting back -- Ooohhhh, that makes perfect sense. (Wonder what "crack back" really means.) Oh well, I think Olde hit it on the nose too.

14. Epidemik

Epidemik Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    "Got the same recently in LV, also." is what this random tourist just said. He needs to stop reading my screen when he walks by. Lots of black dots, slow to recrystalize, feels like gel when scraping it, and looks oily. He said he assumed it was heavily cut, but same source is usually good. Weird. One would assume something went wrong with the cooking, since it only happened once from the same source.

15. Epidemik

Epidemik Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Some dude just had this happen again. The whole bag was good, then on the last load of the piece, it does that gel crap. Twice it happened and always after he loads the last bit. is the cut heavier that it all ends up at the bottom of the sack? Every bowl from the same sack before the last is good.

16. La_Kranqilla

La_Kranqilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    As this is my first post, & being that I am only inquiring on behalf of the fairy wife of my red headed step childs babysitter, I hate to revive (again?) an obviously dead thread, but the fairy has recently came to me in search of answers, I am after all, the answer queen. =)

Fairys issue is just this:

SHe advised me of a recent trip to the city during which she aquired some form of apparent look alike substance.
    She observed upon examination that there was no discernable odor, nneither as is or upon heating in the approiate clean skillet; the smoke is thin upon initial heating but if heated to meth melting temp thickens approipriately to where it appears like the real thing, & this hotter temp smoke is verry heavy, as it should be when its the real thing;

the problems only become apparent upon removal of the heat source:
    * time to crack back from removal=in upwards of 2minutes40seconds..
    *appearance after CB has occured= milky, uneven & chunky-ish...( ughhhh! )
    *reactions= none to speak of but this fairy is apprehensive to smoke much so any real reactions might be only felt upon ingestion of a greater quantity.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Next, any ideas what steps could be taken to recover/enhance this substNCE IN ORDER TO END UP WITH WHAT IS DESIRED?

La_Kranqilla added 4 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Also , I must forward on to you that this Fairy just told me she has going on 17yrs studying this subject & has seen this picture after CB before. But that it was not similar in anyother form .no msm like characteritics either. The fairy also sayd to tell you all thank you for your time!:applause:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  17. iNFRiNGE

iNFRiNGE Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I'll try to give you a short but thorough explanation on what you are dealing with so that you can get a better understanding.

Back in the day (10 years ago) MSM was the shit, you could crystallize it or mix it in while boiling down your chili and easily add 10% to 20% to your finished product. When melted it looked very close to the real deal except MSM would "run" towards the hole in your pizzo and the "legs" where not as tight as GoGo's. They were wider as apposed to GoGo's when no cut looks like a "woven fiberglass mat" once it cracked back. MSM was also very easy to pull out of your chili if you know what you were doing, by either an ice cold anhydrous acetone wash or by a heating method which I don't need to explain but in a minute you'll understand what I'm talking about.

MSM is rarely used anymore in the majority of the Street "Hope" that's out there, due to a number reasons but mainly it's organic structure itself is no longer "Dealer Friendly" when it comes to a buyer being able to easily detect the GoGo's been cut with it.

What you are describing are the effects of "ISO" Isopropylbenzylamine has taken over by swarm as "THE" cut. A brief science lesson for you, should clear up the picture for you rather easily. First let's look at the melting points of three organic compounds "very" closely.

Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) or "dimethylsulfone" mp 109ºC = 228.2ºF

N-Isopropylbenzylamine hydrochloride mp 192.0ºC - 193.3ºC = 377.6ºF - 379.94ºF

d-Methamphetamine hydrocloride 172.0ºC - 174ºC = 341.6ºF - 345.2ºF

MSM's melting point is over 117ºF LOWER than Methamphetamine's high point, which accounts for the previously mentioned "heat" method to remove MSM. Basically if a Giraffe had a large amount he could theoretically crush it all up and spread it out thinly in a Pyrex dish and place it in a convection oven at about 250ºF and raise the temp just to the point where the MSM starts to smoke. Once the MSM is all burned out it'll stop smoking and the Giraffe would have all chili left over since he never got it close to being hot enough to melt it.

Now for the low down on what has fucked everyone since it's discovery.

N-Isopropylbenzylamine hydrochloride melting point is 34ºF HIGHER than Tina's high side mp 192.0ºC - 193.3ºC = 377.6ºF - 379.94ºF

d-Methamphetamine hydrocloride 172.0ºC - 174ºC = 341.6ºF - 345.2ºF

More importantly it's molecular properties formula is nearly "IDENTICAL" to Methamphetamine HCI.

Molecular formula for ISO is "C10H15N" with a Molar mass of 149.23 g mol−1

Molecular formula for Meth is "C10H15N" with a Molar mass of 149.233 g/mol

ISO will actually test positive for Methamphetamine and due to the "higher" melting point this would explain your product taking a while longer to crackback once it is all melted. ISO will actually burn and once the gaak is blown off actually taste like Tina only it makes you about has high as a half a cup of instant coffee if your lucky.

This one eyed Billy Goat suggests you take all your gear and crush it up and mix it as best as possible. This will ensure that you receive the same shitty results regardless of what vessel you use. :rolleyes: You are getting inconsistencies because of the uneven disbursement of the "Hope".

Peace :hoover:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
  18. Frognuts

Frognuts Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Very nice post Infringe, well done. Couple more questions for you if you could. I'm not having any issues now just for general knowledge. Does iso taste bitter like D? When smoked it mimics meth except slow CB but I was wondering when the bowl is done is it clean like a D bowl or is there dis coloration? Thanks

19. thuoclaoarap

thuoclaoarap Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from vietnam
    Metham will recrytal in 5-10 seconds, the best quality will have white colors and look like broken as ice when suddenly change temple.... It's expensive metham, all swim like it

20. shelang

shelang Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    should be able to rub thumb against bottom of bowl after hit and puddle will recrystalize instantly