Dose - How many grams of Nitrous Oxide does SWIY put into a single balloon?

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide' started by Akewstick, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM can do three 8g bulbs into one balloon if it's his first one. After he's already been doing nos for a while, 24grams (i.e. 3 bulbs) into one balloon will result in him being knocked out before he can finish it: a waste. After he's been going for a large portion of the night, 16grams in one balloon will knock him out before he's finished. So after he's been going a while, SWIM dosen't dare put any more than one bulb into a balloon.

I haven't ever tried 4 caps in one balloon, but he has 8 balloons on him that could easily hold 80grams, probably more. Obviously he's not going to put 10 caps in one balloon, what he's asking is: how many can you get away with putting in?

The other issue is, if you've got too many caps in one balloon, you could well breathe in and out of it for all eternity and most of the nos wouldn't ever get inside you. Do you agree with this? or are you of the opinion that if You was able to stay concious while attached to 80g of nos in a balloon, there'd be nothing else stopping them?

What is the largest number of caps you've ever cracked into a single balloon?

2. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Whoever rated the above post, thanks, but post! Any opinions, views or experiences are valued, throw in how many caps You has done in one balloon, even if you don't think it's valuable, it's dialogue, which is the first step to understanding.

3. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I have never inhaled more than 3 nitrous cartridges at one time from one balloon, but he usually just prefers 2 at a time.

One experience SWIM can tell you about is when he inhaled 3 nitrous cartridges at once after taking a couple MDA tablets. He had been inhaling balloons all night, as he enjoys inhaling nitrous while taking MDxx, but he had only stuck to single and double-filled balloons. The way he inhaled his balloon is as follows: he would inhale and exhale a few times, then blow out some of the nitrous and take a breath before inhaling some more.

When the effects came on, it started out like a typical nitrous rush, but then everything went black (although I don't remember closing his eyes). SWIM completely disconnected from his body and for an unknown amount of time felt like a little dot of consciousness floating through a dark and unknown realm. Slowly, SWIM returned to consciousness and could start to see things around him again. The slight visual distortions that SWIM sometimes gets from nitrous were present, although slightly more "animated", if that makes sense.

The next day SWIM's friend told him that his lips were blue while he was enjoying his nitrous buzz, which was somewhat alarming to SWIM. I haven't done nitrous since that night, but will remember to always breath in oxygen between inhales; as well as cut down on the amount of nitrous that he inhales in a night.

4. London_Bloke

London_Bloke Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM and mate both find 2 8g cartridges per balloon perfect. Just enough to ride the magic carpet but not so much one looses the thread of what they were doing.

5. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This interested SWIM in relation to the thoughts or thingies he expressed when he said:

This is an issue I tried to bring up in this thread:

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/24045

This needs answering; it has nothing to do with chemistry, biology, pharmacology or whateverelseology, it's a matter of physics, a really complicated specific type of physics. SWIM challenges all you clever, clever people to answer this question. All you people who can make meth out of coca-cola and watch batteries, has I found a question you can't answer?

6. snow child

snow child Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Depends on how big of a ballon my friend brings when I do what he does.
    medical tank is the way to go but how would you ever know how much is in it. suck in blow out.
    DON'T FISH OUT!!!

7. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If You was going to use a medical tank the way it's supposed to be used (with a mask, not filling up balloons), you'd have to have it hooked up to an oxygen tank as well. This would allow You to continuously inhale nitrous oxide, but with enough oxygen (usually a 50/50 ratio) to breathe normally and not pass out/suffocate. I have read too many stories about people hooking up a mask to a nitrous tank and breathing pure nitrous until they suffocate and die, so I am going to warn You again:

DO NOT ALLOW You TO HOOK UP A MASK TO A NITROUS TANK AND CONTINUOUSLY BREATHE IN PURE NITROUS. You WILL SUFFOCATE AND DIE.

Come to think of it, You probably shouldn't be attempting to use a medical nitrous tank with a gas mask at all (even with an oxygen tank) if You doesn't know anything about medical equipment.

Now on to Akewstick's question; I think this is a question of chemistry/biology. The questions are:

1. How much will nitrous be absorbed through the lungs?
    2. How quickly does the nitrous get absorbed through the lungs?
    3. How does the nitrous change after being exhaled (if it changes at all).

I think that he has heard or read somewhere that nitrous is left unchanged when it is exhaled, but he isn't sure if this is true or not (he sure hopes it isn't true, because I wouldn't want his dentist or surgeon getting high off the nitrous that SWIM exhales while they're operating on him :D ).

That's all SWIM can add to the conversation right now, but maybe some of the other members (who actually know a little something about chemistry) can help answer these questions.

8. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It dosen't, we know this, this is why SWIM can't think of a reason (s)he couldn't breathe in and out of a balloon forever (though there mst be a reason) and get high every time.

9. Mega maniac

Mega maniac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    The body treats the Nitrous like oxygen, which is why you feel no discomfort in inhaling it withno oxygen. When oxygen is inhaled it is just O2 (di-oxide) when it is exhaled it becomes CO2 (carbon di-oxide). CO2 is ofcourse useless to our body, but still contains the oxygen which is then converted back by greenery. I would only assume that a simmilar thing happens to N2O it already has an oxygen particle to it (N2O- Di-nitrous oxide) but is useless to our bodies in this state. I do not know the chemical reaction that takes place but i am pretty certain that you are not exhaling N2O.

P.s. Im not a chemistry student, i infact have not done chemistry since i was 16, and all of the above is based on a very basic knowledge of chemical reaction. If i am incorrect then i apologise and please go ahed and correct me.

p.p.s In answer to your original question, I find that one bulb of Nos will easily fill a standered party balloon. SWIm holds this balloon like he would holdhis breath underwater, until he physicallyneeds to exhale. This produces the Nos rush quite happily and SWIM never needs more than that for a great experience. I findit odd that anyone needs to put more than one bulb in a balloon and dreds to think how much it would cost him if he had to :p

10. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Although the nitrous is left unchanged, air breathed in is not, what you breath back into the balloon is nitrous not yet absorbed by the lungs, and CO2 that has been exchanged for nitrous, so with each exhalation the ratio of nitrous and co2 in the balloon changes, after a while the balloon is mostly CO2.
    -------Just prior to posting SWIM considered another aspect- what is the volume of gas that the blood and other tissues and organs hold? this volume is the possible volume of co2 and waste gasses that could be breathed out, at least by mes understanding.

According to my research we on average contain 5.5pints of blood, so do any biology my have any idea how much gas the blood can hold? and What exactly in the blood nitrous is absorbed into- from my reading he believes he found that CO2 is absorbed into the blood plasma where as O2 is absorbed into the hemoglobin within the red blood cells.

I believe he has found a piece of key information regarding the amount of time nitrous stays within us, this does not help to explain the length of the buzz though -(Kety and Schmidt 1944) when nitrous oxide is inhaled in a regular quantity it takes 10–15 min before the amount of nitrous entering the brain in the artery is equal to that leaving it in the vein. So it takes 15 minuits for nitrous to move from artery they tested passing through to the vein they tested, If we add on the time taken to pass the lung walls into the blood and the time taken for that blood to get to their test point and from their test point back to the lungs and back to through the lung wall, we get a total time from nos entering to leaving (if ive understood correctly some more scientifically minded people than me maty understand their work better or differently, please correct SWIM if this is the case)

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/97/5/1601

To my understanding if the balloon had a hypothetical hole allowing only co2 and other waste gasses to escape, swim if he filled a balloon big enough to account for 15 mins of inhaling could breath in and out getting high each time for ever (of course not forgetting to breathe air once in a while so you don't die)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006