How many mgs does SWIY do?

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by Tortoise, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Enrico was wondering.... When people on these forums state they've taken a certain amount of codeine how accurate are they? For instance, if Enrico does a CWE starting with 300mg of codeine, he knows that the end product is likely to contain only 75% of the codeine that he started with, ie 225mg (just measure the amount of water you start with and compare it to the amount you end up with following CWE). So, when he reads reports about people taking 300mg of codeine are they really ingesting this much, or is it simply the amount they've started with?

1. 5/5,
      A good question. What degree of dosage accuracy is achievable?
      Oct 4, 2012
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    75% isn't an exact figure. Always consider 100% of the possible dose to be safe. 300mg is a fairly large dose. Has You used codeine before and/or have they got a tolerance to opiates. A lower dose, 150mg or so, would be safer for a first-timer.

3. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Yes, Enrico has used codeine many, many times before. He was just curious as to how much he takes relative to others. He believes that there is no way possible that one can get 100% of the codeine out with a CWE.

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I dont think any extraction will have a 100% success rate, and youou are right to believe this as well. The CWE gives a pretty good yield, but I don't think that he's gotten above 90% of the original product back when performing it. When one is working with 90 mg codeine, this may not be such a big deal, since subjectively there may not be much difference between 81 and 90 mg codeine, but You is right that when reporting dosages for experiences, 300 and 225 mg is a pretty wide disparity, and can mean the difference between a mellow buzz and becoming uncomfortably high. SWIM usually assumes that with a CWE reported in a thread, that the person started with the higher number, and that their yield was probably 70-80% of this, especially if the person didnt mention performing the CWE a second time on the solid leftovers (which would increase the yield by a bit). So with that knowledge, You should be able to calculate what dosages were actually ingested. Good question too!

5. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Enrico's cautious about adding the second yield to the first because it means he is doubling the amount of paracetamol ingested. Typically he extracts it and saves it for another day (there's usually enough there for a lite high, especially if he adds a couple of N+ to it).
    Anyway, back to the yield issue. Enrico typically measures the amount of solution he ends up with and compares it to his starting solution. If he sticks to the 2ml per pill rule the final yield is almost always 75% of the initial yield. I one assumes that 100% of the codeine dissolves in the water then he is gonna be left with 75% of the starting codeine.

6. cyril_sneer

cyril_sneer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Doesn't codeine have a ceiling dosage of 60mg ?

7. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Per tablet. - Tylenol 4's are 60mg each. The effect ceiling is much higher. And there is only so "high" you could get from it, but it is way about 60mg - And it would vary from individual metabloism to individual metabolism.

8. iameatingjam

iameatingjam Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o
    I've wondered this myself, and sometimes I think I wastes a lot more than others.

Once I did 45mg and felt an incredible buzz for that amount
    Then a couple days later I did 80mg and felt like less than before

Don't doubt swims low tolerance to drugs btw.

9. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I am jealous. He wishes he could even get pain relief from 80mg. His doctor has him on 4's these days. And it still takes at least 3-4 to make the back calm down and the mind to relax.

10. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.
    I have been on DF118's that long that they can take them by the bucket and still feel nothing. But I don't think that a great deal is lost doing a CWE.

11. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Man.... SWIM wishes he could feel 45mg of codeine, let alone get a buzz off it! Just last week he downed around 300mg and felt a weak and very dissapointing buzz. He just wishes there was some way to reverse the tolerance he's developed from all the codeine and poppy seed tea he has recently consumed.

12. Demented Ferret

Demented Ferret Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, I feel even a slight codeine tolerance can linger around for a while, which is a shame. Swim can barely feel the effects of anything under 150mg on most occasions.

13. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM (now he is all squeaky-clean) occasionally uses Codeine. Subsequently, his tolerance has dropped considerably and now starts with 200-300mg of Codeine.

With regards to CWE's, if You is obsessively scientific in his approach, he may be able to extract (at a guess) well above 90%. You just needs to make sure the pills are well dissolved beforehand, and You cools the solution to around 5 celsius, but not too much more than that.

Check out the CWE stuff on the site (there's a few threads, I think I made one a while back) and learn the proper way and you'll get plenty of mg's outta your lovely pills :D

Also, be aware that although my tolerance is low, doses of 200-300mg are still fairly high. In fact, 300mg for a Codeine n00b is quite dangerous.

Be safe. And don't eat acetaminophen/paracetamol. It hurts.

1. 5/5,
      Good safety and great information. Acetaminophen poisoning is massively dangerous, and hurts like fuck.
      Oct 4, 2012
  14. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Also, with regards to tolerance, the remedy is simple: Stop using Codeine. In fact, totally forget about it for a month or two. Switch to a different drug. Then come back to Codeine, and it will all feel muuuuuch better again :D:D

15. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    No codeine for 2 months??? And I assume by a different drug you mean non-opiate. To be honest, I don't think he could do it. He's proud of himself if he can go a whole week without codeine or poppy tea.

Now.... Where did I put that willpower?

16. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah Tortoise I meant non-opiate. Sorry, I shoulda said that.

I don't mean to go all preacher on your ass, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY do advise you give the opiates a lengthy break once in a while.

I didn't do this, and as such found himself very dependant on Codeine even just to get a good night's sleep. Just a warning.

Anyhoo... It's the best way to lose your tolerance. Just remember, when your tolerance drops, your dosage must drop as well. Don't end up on the wrong side of the floor.

17. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Thanks for your concern bro! I will try to take a month or so off soonish. At present he only uses it once per week plus poppy seed tea once per week or less but is trying to get it down to 1 opiate per week max, ie either codeine or poppy tea, NOT both. Have to say though, his tolerance was OK until he got into the poppy seed tea, then it just sky-rocketed.

18. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    300mg is kinda high or so SWIM tells me

I have done Codeine a few times. Infact I am on it now, no lie. Hence why I am viewing this forum

I have just taken around 160mg a half hour or so ago and it's a nice buzz he tells me.

I have done higher and lower. Low doses are nice to for SWIM but SWIM rarely goes over the 200mg mark. Once though he did to 300mg or so and while intense it was enjoyable but I had use codeine a few times by then so for you's first time do something lower. If You doesn't enjoy the buzz at the dose he chooses don't take more just wait for the next time and try a slightly higher does

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  19. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    True. Re-dosing is pointless on a scientific level, but also it's just... I dunno... it's just better to be patient.

It's nice to be able to appreciate low doses, isn't it D.U.M.B.? I like intense drug experiences, see.

~Dark
    PS: Check out my user profile it's not empty anymore

20. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yep low doses can be just as fun and rewarding says SWIM

1. 3/5,
      Please elaborate more than this. The more we enlarge on personal experiences here, the more we can learn about safe drug/codeine usage.
      Oct 4, 2012