Drug info - How many shots of alcohol gets you buzzed?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by csharpprogrammer, Oct 16, 2006.

1. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    How many shots gets you buzzed? How many shots gets you drunk? I don't have much experience with vodka, just beer and would like to know what does it for You when it comes to vodka.

2. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: How many shots gets you buzzed?

well this question will entirely differ from person to person, build and tolerance everyone will have different effects it also depends if the shot is on an empty stomach or not as that will have an effect too

Swia amount, she dont drink like this anymore since it turns her into a nasty bitch who becomes aggressive and prone to violent behavior.
    empty stomach : 3-4 shots depending on what it is
    eaten 3-6 depending on what it is

3. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

SWIM's alcohol experiment:

19:32 - Last meal was a bowl of cereal approximately 4 hours ago. 1 shot ~1oz.
    19:37 - 1 shot of 40% vodka to one cup of coke.
    19:39 - 1 shot of 35% rum to one cup of coke.
    19:42 - 1 shot of 35% rum to one cup of coke.
    19:45 - 1 shot of 35% rum to one cup of coke.
    19:49 - 1 shot of 35% rum to one cup of coke.
    19:59 - Feel very relaxed... definately an altered state. Moving feels nice.
    20:03 - Shit is going a little slow, like a nice dose of Valium (20-30mg).
    20:06 - 1 shot of 35% rum to one cup of coke.
    20:13 - I'm definately buzzed.
    20:14 - 1 shot of 35% rum to one cup of coke.
    20:22 - I thought it would be a little more intense than this... I'm not that drunk.
    20:32 - 1 shot of 35% rum to one cup of orange soda.
    20:46 - Drank half of a Coors Light.
    20:49 - I'm still pretty good.... I thought I would be drunk.
    20:52 - Starting to get a little tired, still not drunk, just a little buzzed.
    20:58 - Still prety much the same... not drunk, I'm a little disappointed.

4. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic

Meh... ~10 ounces of alcohol over an hour and a half period wouldn't get you shit faced, but should get you pretty buzzed...

I think ~6 shots of his favorite liquor gets him right where he wants to be.

5. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

SWIM drinks to get hammered and not buzzed 18-20 shots gets him there

28cl vodka 37.5%

6. johnny_socko

johnny_socko Newbie

Reputation Points:

-

I'm with you, whats the point ? I drink to get drunk, why else bother ? I'll go to a friends house and he'll say lets have a beer. I'll look in the fridge and say we better go get a few more and a bottle, theres not enough in there to get the job done... I NEVER drink just one beer, never feel just one anyway. I'm Irish/Scottish for Christ's sake.:beer

That reminds me of a joke:

A thirsty Irishman is walking through the desert and finds an old lamp and proceeds to rub it clean and out pops a Genie. Thanks for my freedom, I'll grant you 3 wishes. The Irishman says I'd like a bottle of Guiness that will never run dry. Poof it appears in his hand. He drinks it down and sure enough it magically refills before his eyes. What other wishes do you have ? asked the Genie. The Irishman said; Just give me two more bottles like this one...
    :crazy

JS
    -

7. whipcreamdemon

whipcreamdemon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from belize

SWIM once asked how many shots of vodka, so we went through 7 before i asked for her clothes then she took them off and handed them to me and passed out. So I guess for vodka 7 shots in about 90 min frame is to many.

8. quili

quili Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Varies, naturally, at swim's peak (i.e. when she was drinking almost every night of the week and therefore had a high tolerance) she would probably have to drink 5-7 shots to start the night and maybe a total of 12-15 shots (depending). And I am pretty small, so her high drinking ability has always gotten her mad props. If that's a good thing, she doesn't know. ;) Now I usually drinks around 8-11 shots to get her good and drunk.

9. Misha

Misha Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    well it depends what am i drink.if i drink vodka(40%) i will drink about 10 shots,if i drink ''rakija''(50%) i will need 8-10 shots.if i really wonts to get drunk i will drink about 1/2 litre.

10. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    8-15 1 oz shots. depending on the strength of the alchohol and how it tastes. better tasting alchohol is of course easier to drink quickly.

11. gileas

gileas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o
    it takes me about 5 shots of hard stuff, like vodka, to get drunk. Or about 6 beers. I have a breath-a-lizer, I bought it because I got a DUI about 3 years ago driving a friend home from a party. I thought I was legal to drive, the limit was .08 blood alcohol level. I was a .09 and .10, which was too drunk to drive. In the mandatory class, the teacher was great. He cared, he didnt judge, he wanted to help but understood we were there from a court order, and would go to jail if we didnt go 1 time a week, every week, without fail, for 16 weeks. So he knew a lot of people were just doing time there, "didnt have a problem" (I loved that one, 'no, no problem, just getting arrested for driving drunk, where is the problem?') He sold the same breath tester the cops use on field tests, same as Sharper Image sells for $150, for $60, making exactly 0$ profit on them, to anyone and everyone who wanted one. This means *you* if you want to be able to just stop a second and test yourself before getting in your car. It wasnt worth the permanant criminal record, the night in jail, the $5000.00 lawyer fee, the $2000.00 fine, the 1 year suspended license, the DUI class, and the shame I felt just so I could drive drunk and maybe kill someone. I was pulled over going the wrong way down a one-way street in a downtown busy city at 11PM, (my friend told me 'turn left here' but I should have noticced the sign, prolly would have if not drunk, etc). So anyways, the website of this DUI teacher is dui.com his name is Ed, and he even sells them to strangers online without profit. I keep mine in my glove box. If Im over, I wait or call a cab. sorry about going off thread a bit, but it was odd, I didnt feel 'drunk', only had maybe 3 beers, but that was all it took. To get a good buzz, 6 beers. To get blind drunk I have to drink a lot. I can split a bottle, a 5th size, of liquor with one other person and still walk and talk. Cant recall the last time I was so drunk I passed out, or vomited, or blacked out, all of which I have done back years ago, prolly high school.
    Gileas

12. gileas

gileas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o
    Crap. Make all that "me" stuff "SWIM" stuff. I cant edit my own post. I dont think it is a violation to state I legally drink, but when I was writing that last post, umm, I was drunk and talking about someone else, and was so wasted I hit the "me" and "I" keys by mistake. Lesson: dont post drunk.
    Gil