1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

How many shrooms is good for a starter dose

Discussion in 'Magic Mushroom use' started by Darkage, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Darkage

Darkage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Northampton NN6, United Kingdom
    My friend has been wanting to try shrooms for quite a while now and wants a recommendation, he is very affected by psychedelic drugs. I do not want him to have a bad trip. Thanks for the help ;)

2. Ubiquitous Assimilation

Ubiquitous Assimilation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Indiana, United States
    First off take into consideration your 'set and setting' or "what's going with you mentally, where's your mind or attention, and physically where are you" these are rhetorical questions bud.

Also there should be someone experienced sitting with the first timer. The exact dose could vary, because I assume you are weighing the dried physical mushrooms.

So a half a gram, or one whole dried grams should be quite sufficient. With experience and comfort you should be able to dose yourself higher in steady increment.

Extra tip, the trick lies in what one emphasizes, think about that before manifesting your mind.
    Happy Tripping!

3. dragonslayer3344

dragonslayer3344 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    My first dose was a bit over 2 grams, probably something like 2.1 or 2.2 (my scale isn't very precise). I also took this dose on an empty stomach which makes it hit harder but last slightly shorter. Anyway, I found this dose to be very good and I don't regret taking that amount one bit. I probably could have handled 2.5 grams pretty well but I'm still not disappointed with the experience whatsoever. I would recommend dosing 2 grams, it's just enough to start "tripping" vs the more euphoric effects of a low mushroom dose, while not being too overpowering. I think it would be very rare to have a bad trip on 2 grams, as you still have a pretty good grasp of reality and can calm yourself down when needed.