how much alcohol?

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by pokergod0588, Mar 13, 2006.

1. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been thinking about extracting lsa, and has decided to use the alcohol extraction but had a question, is there a limit to how many seeds can be extracted by a certain amt of alcohol? will it be stronger the more seeds i add? the method i read said to use 50ml for every 150 seeds, can i use 25ml for every 150 seeds and it be 2x as strong or will it not absorb all the lsa

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  2. MrPissmister

MrPissmister Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it will increase the potency by 2x almost guarenteed. swims never had to do an alcohol extraction because his cold water extractions have all worked like clockwork, but he recommends actually using more alcohol then less.

3. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i see, i was thinking about it and it does seem more beneficial to use more alco because it's easier to drink a trip than splitting up 50ml since it is such a small amt, but since it's only like 8-9 seeds for a decent trip you could use like 200ml and a sip should suffice

4. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    well the best rule for alcohol extractions from plants is too use a quantity of alcohol which is twice the volume of plant material (this way you're ensured to extract all the alcaloids)
    Which means that if the amount of plant material is 2cm high in your jar, then add alcohol until it's 4cm high (from the bottom of the jar).
    Always use DRINKABLE alcohol, white rhum or vodka (= 45 to 60% alcohol) should do the trick.
    Cleaning alcohol, coloured alcohol, burning alcohol or "modified" alcohol all contains toxic additives (camphor, tartrazine..) that won't evaporate and therefore should never be used. If you have any doubts about any solvant, just evaporate 0.5L of the solvant in a large colorless clean glass dish and see if it leaves any solid residue, oily residue, or strange odor once evaporated, if any do not use it.
    The plant material must be finely crushed, the finer the powder the more potent the extract as more actives will be extracted.
    If you wanna extract LSA seeds, get the untreated seeds (meaning with no pesticide/fungicide on these, the seeds which are sold by online smartshops are untreated of course, but the one you might purshase from some local garden store are treated so better not use these).
    You add the alcohol, close the jar, and check well for 5minutes.
    Then you let it soak for 3 days in a dark place, shaking vigorously 4 times a day.
    After 3 days you filter the stuff through a peace of cloath (press/squeeze well to recover as much juice as possible from the plant crushed material).
    Throw away the plant material. Filter the alcohol one more time through a cofee filter (without pressing or squeezing this time)...this can take some time.
    You can drink this alcohol for effect but there will still be some unpleasant nausea.
    Much better place the alcohol (which will be yellow to light brown if you were extracting lsa seeds) in a large shallow clean colorless glass plate and allow to evaporate at room temperature, preferably in a dark and dry place (this might take 3days).
    I suggest you don't evaporate it by heating the plate cause I'm always afraid of loosing some stuff by excessive heating, but if you think you can do it correctly, just place the glass plate over a large pan of boiling water, evaporation will be much faster but if you do so I suggest you to remove the glass plate from the pan when the alcohol has reduced to a small amount (don't wait all the alcohol has evaporated) and then allow the evaporation process to complete at room temperature (without heating).
    Once all the alcohol is evaporated there should be no alcohol/solvant odor left. Then you scrap the residue (which will be a thin yellowish layer if you were extracting lsa seeds) with a razor (or stanley knife) blade.
    This way you'll obtain a sticky gum (which will be dark brown if you were extracting lsa seeds) that you can put into capsules and then swallow (better on empty stomach, which means 4hours after your last meal). Note that you might need several gellcaps for one single dose of this extract (as one single dose might not fit a single small capsule)
    This residue shouldn't produce any nausea.

Note that you should not drink too much alcohol with high doses of LSA seeds (serious risk of respiratory depression), stick to one or two beers at most. Don't mix with depressants (IMAO, syrian rue, benzodiazepines, opiates, tranquilizers or sedatives)

About Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds dosages: 8 to 12 seeds will be some strong psychedelic trip. So if you extract such a quantity (8-12seeds), then the obtained extract will be one single strong dose (enough for one single person).

One more thing: never extract lsa seeds with tap water as it contains chlorine which is said to possibly destroy some of the LSA. For the same reason don't drink tap water for the 2hours following ingestion of the drug (after 2hours there won't be any problem with tap water as all the LSA will have been completely digested by your stomach, but better stick to bottled water for the two first hours)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006