How much caffiene is too much?

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by mewmewmint, Sep 17, 2006.

1. mewmewmint

mewmewmint Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I am worried that he took too much caffiene. He doesn't take it often so he is sensitive to it's effects. Usually when he takes it he gets headaches and pain in his arm and leg veins.

I took 8 painkillers that have codiene and acetaminophen as well.

So I took about 64 mg of caffiene. Is that a lot? Should I be worried?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2006
  2. fatmanstan

fatmanstan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    one must be much more weary of apap in those pills than the caffeine...

4. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree with swijesus, you could be giving yourself liver damage from all that APAP in your system at once. the caffiene and codiene are nothing to worry about I say enjoy the high, but definatly cut down soley becuase of all that apap.

5. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    that much APAP will definitely hurt swiy's liver. do a cold water extraction next time (UTFSE to see how!)

a CWE won't remove the caffeine, but it will at least get rid of the nasty APAP. however if You uses enough pills, it could contain enough caffeine to be somewhat uncomfortable. 64 mg would not be enough to cause worry though.

6. th3p4rtyguy

th3p4rtyguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ull be FINE I used to stay up all night working on crushing a bottle of no -doz , insuffulated

7. Fresh

Fresh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM drinks soooo much espresso. Worst that happens is bad headaches and sleeplessness.

8. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    when you start to see checker patterns, thats when uve drank way too much caffeine

9. Fresh

Fresh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Never seen checkers but I have given myself migraines, the shakes, and nasuea from too many lattes. I limit my self to 3 cups a day. 4 is the max, but 3 is a good number.

10. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    1. 5/5,
      WOW what an awesome link!
      Dec 17, 2006
  11. Fresh

Fresh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Whoa, crazy stuff. Thanks for the link. Maybe the coffee I'm drinking is responsible for some things in my life.

"Psychosis can be induced in normal individuals ingesting caffeine at toxic doses."

That would explain why certain people I know might see me as "depressed" although I disagree with their view. Coffee does tend to put me in a bad mood when I overdo it. Especially when combined with a stressful day at work.

12. Wired350z

Wired350z Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    After a 16 oz energy drink and 2 black jack energy pills(350mg caff. each) Swim learned about too much caffiene. Cold sweats and a extremely rapid heartbeat. Wasn't fun.

13. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    63mg is perfectly fine, unless you are caffeine sensitive, that's about the caffeine content of 2 cokes, a single redbull has about 83mg, a cup of coffee is usually around 100mg. SWIM works at a coffee shop and daily caffeine intake is around 800mg over the course of the day, drinking at work and pulling shots off his espresso machine at home. If I have under 300mg he gets awful fucking headaches. If it weren't for his job I could never support his habit.

14. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Caffeine addiction and withdrawal can cause severe headaches and insomnia but the thing to be concerned about is rapid heart rate and PVCs (skipped beats). When that starts happening, it is time to cut back immediately but not cold turkey or you will suffer. Caffeine can contribute to heart attacks in sensitive individuals. I had the rapid heartrate symptom with drinking 4 cups of coffee a day. Ironically, coffee was mentally relaxing to me, even though physically stimulating, but that's because at the the time I was self-medicating for ADD but wasn't aware of it. Now, I drink 1 cup a day. The heart problem was a scary thing but it went away after I reduced my caffeine intake and the headaches went away as well. It took about 5 days to be free of headaces after weaning down. In fact, I had to take prescription painkillers for the headaches because they were so severe that regular OTC pain relievers would not even touch them. The headaches and pains are caused from the caffeine's action the blood vessels, much like the action of other stimulants. Caffeine isn't considered a drug by most people but it is one. I know mewmewmint is not talking about coffee but pills containing caffeine carry the same risks. Try to get some pain relievers that do not contain caffeine for weaning down off of the ones that do contain caffeine, if there is problem with those.

15. BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Whoa, Great link old hip,
    i never even had the slightest idea of what caffeine could do to ones mental state. Of course well never hear anything about it in the media.

16. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    swim eats about 5-10 200 mg cafiene pills a day when he has finals(this week) on top of adderal normally about 90 mg xr insuffulated broken up into seperate doses. I doubt 64 mg is going to have an adverse effects, 10 grams is the lethal dose. That is probably still safer than all that APAP( why do they even make acetometaphen(sp)? it is so bad for you.)

"However, it is estimated that acetaminophen poisoning results in 56,000 injuries, 25,000 hospitalizations, and 450 deaths every year. "
    http://www.onlinelawyersource.com/acetaminophen/side-effects.html
    Thats jsut to give you an idea of how bad apap is for you.

17. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Re: caffeine link Those spider webs were very interesting, did anyone else take a good look at them? I'd love to see the same tests on spiders done with a few other drugs.

18. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  19. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ^^^^ hmmm seems caffeine & spiders do not mix well. LOL. I wonder if leaving caffeine around the house would scare spiders off, do you think they know when they're too fucked to spin?

20. ip.dif.ev.3.min

ip.dif.ev.3.min Mercury Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Right, but i still cant figure why you did that i mean the caffien pills. Enless you took these substances at dif period throught day.

swIm always get a little periniod if he takes like one substance when he wakes up, and 3-4 hours later a dif, then shorty after another. I hate doing it, but you know, as i think i need to be high when first wake up and have things to do and only have this now, then come across this later, then this and can never resist. by the end i regret and hope to god i dont die (never seriuse panik attack, but had them too), but I would never like take 3 dif sub. all at same time and if you did please dont you will die.