1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Dose - How much co-codamol 30/500 CWE for heroin user ?

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by AP78, Mar 2, 2013.

1. AP78

AP78 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hey all

Firstly, sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place or if it has been asked already. I did UTFSE but found nothing specific to my question.

I have 20 x 30/500 co -codamol pills and plan on doing a CWE. I am a daily (but not heavy) heroin user and would like to know how many pills i should start with and how long before waiting to take more if i feel it isn't enough, as to avoid OD.

Also i would like to point out that I am not interested in getting high but rather keeping withdrawals away when there is no heroin available.

And does 30/500 mean there is 30mg of codeine and 500mg of paracetamol in each pill ?

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  2. Medium

Medium Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes it does, 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol so a CWE is essential

As for dose I have no idea but the LD50 is around 450mg so be careful

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    (out of date information removed)

As for the OP's question. How hard would it be for you to take a reasonable dose and see what happens? There ARE tons of dosing guidelines in this forum. There is no harm in not taking enough. Try 100 or 200mg and see what happens, wait an hour or so, see how you feel.

And yes, you are right about the proportion.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  4. AP78

AP78 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the replies.. I will give 150mg a go and see

5. Diabolicaldoll

Diabolicaldoll Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Where are you getting 400mg from Potter? There have been tons of reports of people taking more than that before hitting the ceiling effect. I'm just interested as to why the certainty in 400mg?

AP78 - Usually Codeine will not touch a daily heroin user, tolerance being the problem. There's no harm in trying though, 150mg sounds relatively safe in your condition. I don't know how much heroin you use though and unless you obtain diamorphine from the doc you probably can't measure it.

What? You cannot write on a harm reduction forum that "you can't OD on codeine". If someone had no tolerance and is sensitive to codeine then of course they can OD. I've had symptoms of an overdose off less than 200mg when my tolerance was non existent. To even tell a heroin user they can't OD on codeine is wrong, it's very unlikely but it is not certain.

To say you can't OD on codeine because the ceilling effect applies to said drug is harmful and wrong information to share.

6. Space Numpty

Space Numpty Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Sorry Potter, you are wrong on this one.

source - Wiki

source http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/codeine.htm

To the OP, i agree with Diabolicaldoll. But a dose of codeine may be enough to keep the wolf from the door at least.

7. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I really don't belive able this "celing" dose of codeine. I did a CWE on 30 Tylenol 3's (30/325) and got a hell of a lot higher than when I'd do a CWE on 10 or 15.

And I don't believe you can't overdose on codeine. Codeine's metabolite is morphine. I believe the minimum LD 50 for an adult is 100 mg of morphine (oral). So I totally think codeine can kill you.

8. Diabolicaldoll

Diabolicaldoll Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    You're not the first and you won't be the last to believe there is no ceiling dose for Codeine. It applies to some people but I've known for it not to apply to a lot of people.

Like I posted earlier, you can overdose from codeine. When I had a break from codeine and then took a large amount I "overdosed" from under 200mg. (some people think ODing means you have to pass out or die before you claim you over dosed, overdosing does not mean passing out or dying, it simply means you took a dose that was too high and had unwanted effects which could range from sickness to actual death). Had I taken much more than that at that time I would have had a hospital trip. I'm unsure what gave Potter the idea you can't overdose off codeine.