Cooking - How much is needed?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Creeping Death, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim and 3 of his friends are planning to bake lots of hash brownies on an upcoming weekend. They are going to be baking it with the "extract hash into butter, and then use the butter for brownies"-method.

I'm wondering how much is needed for this. The 3 of them are not heads, but they wanna give brownies a try. Swim told them that splitting 5 grams of bubble hash would be enough for one nights worth of brownies, plus they will have additional stuff to smoke.

But now, I am not so sure. It would suck to eat all of it and not feel much of a buzz. So to you who's had lots of experience with cooking, how much would be enough to fuck four people up? Bubble hash is high quality, but 1.3 eaten grams per person doesn't seem like top of the line if you wanna feel crisp.

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Creeping Death asks an Alice B Toklas brownie question: "how much [Bubble hash]would be enough to fuck four people up?"

This topic has come up quite a bit in the past. I could point to a couple Threads, but I will answer it.

Eating some Pot makes for a different High. First, it lasts (much) longer than when it is smoked (after taking quite a while to come on). Second, if you take too much, it will rock-and-roll along, with no end in sight. So, if it's the first time that any of you have eaten Pot, it's better to take a little LESS than you think (unless you guys are hard-core Smokers).

I say this, because you told me: "The 3 of them are not heads."

The usual Rule-of-Thumb is: Eat 3 times as much Pot, as you usually Smoke to get High. So, in your case, if you usually smoke almost half-a-Gram of Bubble Hash, in one setting, to get blazed, then 5 Grams should be great, to split-up between 4 people.

Your friends, however, are another story. If these guys are not used to getting High, they may be surprised. Eaten Pot is much more Psychedelic than Smoked Pot (these things are discussed in other Threads), AND it can accentuate different aspects of High-ness (may feel Speedy, Trippy, Kicked-back, ...).

And, remember, the effects probably will last 10 hours (after taking, maybe, an hour to come on). Please plan for the one-hour wait to get High. Some people wait for 10 minutes, get frustrated, and re-Dose ... then wait 10 more minutes, and re-re-Dose. This is NOT the best way to do it.

When you cook with Hash, you don't need to do much "extracting"; just melt the Butter, pour-in the Hash, stir for a minute, and pour it into the batter.

3. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thanks. I've eaten hash before, but ive never cooked on a larger scale. These dudes dont smoke, so it's hard to know how much they need to get trashed. Well, if it's not much of a buzz we can always smoke some joints.

4. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have cooked up an 8th of some high quality bubble hash in some butter, split 4 ways then put on toast and eatin. All 4 are heavy everyday users, they all ate on an empty stomach and got pretty stoned off it for a while. Shouldn't take too much of high quality bubble hash thats for sure. I would go far enough to say that if you need almost .5 g's of good bubble hash to get stoned your either not smokin it right or it's not nearly as good as you think. I have seen people literally pooched from a single hotknife of bubble hash.