1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - How much is safe to inject my first time?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by SB1981, Feb 24, 2012.

1. SB1981

SB1981

Reputation Points:
    Female from Nevada, U.S.A.
    I've been smoking meth for years so I want to slam it but I don't know how much to start off with. How much should I try my first time? I'm guessing a bowl's worth?

2. origeuphoria

origeuphoria Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Please tell me you did not do that much for your first time injecting!!

3. fehs

fehs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from finland
    A lot less than when smoking. Accurate amounts are impossible to say because of unknown purity etc, but I wouldn't personally go ANY further than something like 0,05g (50mg) for the first time (given that we're talking about street meth, not pharmaceutical meth), just to be on the safe side and get a feel of it. You can do it, but you cannot undo it, you know?

4. Hardstepa

Hardstepa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Bullfrog has never took meth before but he has been given a 100mg sample for his first go.Would 50mg be safe for a non tolerant user??

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
  5. SB1981

SB1981

Reputation Points:
    No...lol I ended up doing a few small pieces and that was great for me; I just assumed it was that much before actually learning more.

6. cmhboy88

cmhboy88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    It's honestly different for everyone. Your tolerance might be higher depending on how long you have been using. Also, you can't go by measurement alone. You need to be aware of the potency of your ice before every single slam unless it is from the same bag.

So my advice is the following:

When you get your bag, smoke a bit to see how it hits you. Sometimes you get really good shit. Sometimes you get okay shit. Sometime you get bunk shit and you shouldn't slam that to begin with because God knows what its cut with or what the purity is. Also, I've learned that this can avoid a variety of problems depending off of who you grabbed from. Some people cut bags with a variety of stuff that simply won't melt in your bowl so you can't shoot it. Better to find out in a pipe than a point. When this happens, don't grab off that person anymore. Sometimes people do quick shots by back loading their point and don't realize something hasn't dissolved because they can't see it in the point.

Start small if you are uncertain about the quality of your ice. You can always do more, but you can't take the shit out of your arm and at that point you've created a problem for yourself.

Also, remember the following:

1 point = one slam. Don't reuse your points if you can avoid it and if you absolutely have to reuse your point, sanitize it with bleach for three minutes and flush multiple times with hot water.

Always sanitize your slam spot with a rubbing alcohol pad before you slam. Don't think you need to do this? Wait until you get a staph infection in your arm and end up in the hospital.

Use purified water from an unopened bottle. Don't slam with tap water.

When you slam, find the biggest fattest purplest vain. Go in at an angle, rotate, draw back, make sure it registers, loosen your tie off, and inject slowly. If you feel it burn at any point STOP because you misfired and meth isn't absorbed by the muscle.

Afterwards clean the spot with an additional alcohol pad and then apply antibiotic ointment to avoid infection and help your slam spot heal.

Be safe and be smart.

7. SB1981

SB1981

Reputation Points:
    Thank you very much for your response. Very informative!

8. Quorthon

Quorthon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from macau
    I just wanted to highlight this point as I am under the impression that using an alcohol pad after injection hindered the healing process and results in additional scar tissue being formed. Any MDs here who can elaborate?

Also you can get cream from the Pharmacy specifically for use after intravenous injection which would be even better than using an antibiotic and helps to minimise scar tissue formation. I did a quick Google but can't find the name, sorry.

9. cmhboy88

cmhboy88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    The angry Korean that owns the corner liquor store has always done that when he slams. His slam spot is usually healed within a few hours and rarely bruises. He uses the alcohol pad post slam to again clean the spot, wipe off the bit of blood, and give a nice clean surface for the antibiotic ointment. It's always worked perfectly for him.

10. defensitive

defensitive Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    also anti-bacterial soap applied at injection site afterwards eliminates bruising and infections.

11. XxInsomniacxX

XxInsomniacxX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Dude if you've been smoking it for years that means you probably have a tolerance. Id say do .2 grams squirt 20units of water on top of it crunch up shards with the rig cap, use a plastic spoon Why plastic? just trust me, use plastic because for some reason its hard to suck it all up if u use a metal spoon(part of it ends up crackin back on the spoon, and whatever is cracked back on the spoon is dope thats not where it belongs - in your brain.)

Meth is a very forgiving drug when it comes to dosages, Its REALLLY hard to overdose on meth no matter how u do it. If you want an amazing rush do about .2 for your first shot. No need to really start small if your putting a needle in your arm anyway, you wont die I guarantee it.

12. Kidx

Kidx

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Just don't do it. You don't wanna go down that road, and you know it's only going to take more and more. If you want a better high, go off of it for a few days and it will feel better the next time you use.

If you insist, I would say do under .10 g and see how you feel.

13. Miss Metal

Miss Metal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I did .25 my first time and it was awesome! After a few months I went up to .35. I'll say that's a lil more of a trip than I liked. I love the spin and rush. But the whole eyes shaking and train noises along with seeing shit is not my thing :)

14. dante5d

dante5d Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM was given .45gs (which isnt a whole lot to a typical IV user) his first bout and had a great time. nothing really compares to that burning sensation in the back of your throat.

15. fehs

fehs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from finland
    0.45g is a gigantic dose for someone with no tolerance (and big for even for someone who has some, in my opinion), the stuff that you had must've been cut to shreds. Please, if any first-timer reads this, do NOT shoot 0,45g, if can be overwhelming and borderline dangerous.

16. dante5d

dante5d Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM's "stuff" was cleaned with acetone prior

17. Miss Metal

Miss Metal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I thought I was having a heart attack when I went up to .35 my 3rd time! And I've been using for 13 years. I just started slamming this year , but if his shit is any close to the stuff I get, it may be a lil much!

18. dante5d

dante5d Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    most the shit SWIM gets down here is straight out of Mexico and admittedly the qualities probably lacking. But still, SWIM knows alot of people in his circle who have no problem slamming .85+.

19. Miss Metal

Miss Metal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Wow! I couldn't imagine! Well, I get my stuff straight from the shed lol! If I done half of .85 I'd probably fall over. :)

20. illy

illy Silver Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

That sounds very informative. Could you be so kind as to re-post it with no slang? I want to try an injection and I'm doing research. Thanks!