How much magic mushrooms is this about? any guesses on intensity?(pic included)

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by tazz20, Dec 23, 2019.

1. tazz20

tazz20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from New York
    So I went to my friend's house to buy about 2.5 grams of shrooms off of him. he tried weighing them but it seemed hard to get it exact. Apparently this is a little under 3 grams. However, when I first purchased shrooms it was weighed at a gram and while there were less pieces, the pieces were bigger.btw my friend kinda gave these to me for free. hes like just buy me a drink or some shit lol. I realize there are different species so size may differ. just wondering if by looking at the pic, someone could estimate what kinda trip I'm dealing with here?? Thanks. 20191223_170502.jpg

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No, we will not make wild guesses about those. You can buy a scale, either at a headshop, or online.

3. aye_aye_ron

aye_aye_ron Mascot for the Underdogs against the "drug war" Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Dark side of the moon
    It's nearly impossible to tell, and not to mention this would be breaking the rules, no identification of pictures of unknown substances. Please re read the rules. You can get a semi decent scale for under 50 bucks that will tell you all you need to know.

If you want more info on psychedelic mushrooms in general, I suggest using the search engine. Or you can simply click the "browse" tab on the top of the page, then scroll down to the section that best categorizes your drug that you want information on.

Anyway, read up a little on drugs you take and make sure you're confident in what you know before dosing. If you decide to dose, have a wonderful and positive trip! :)

4. Mick Mouse

Mick Mouse Live Free Or Die! Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    57 y/o from Cayo Loco
    Well, it LOOKS like.....about a handful. The bag itself is a known weight, within a fraction of a gram. You can go to any FedEx or UPS store and by a postal scale very cheaply. The rest is simple subtraction, weigh everything and then subtract the known weight, this will give you the weight of the contents. Then Google "pictures of psychedelic mushrooms" and pick the one that looks closest to what you are holding. Once you are satisfied that you think you have an idea of what kind of mushrooms they are, you can then UTFSE to see what an appropriate dose might be.

Anything "nature-based", such as mushrooms, cacti, marijuana, etc. is just that.....nature-based. There can, and probably will, be variations in strength and/or potency from plant to plant. Or in this case, from fungi to fungi. So even if I could tell you "those are Golden Teacher mushrooms grown in the basement of a home in the suburbs of New York City and harvested on December 23rd of 2019 and the weight is exactly 2.875634 grams, with .437586 grams of that being moisture", it means literally nothing. One mushroom might blow your doors off, while the next won't do a damn thing.

Mushrooms are like a crap-shoot, you never really know what the effects will end up being. That is part of the allure and mystery!

The rule is simple.....you can always do more, but you can never do less. Err on the side of caution.

5. tazz20

tazz20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from New York
    would I use the same kinda scale you use for weed to weigh shrooms?

6. aye_aye_ron

aye_aye_ron Mascot for the Underdogs against the "drug war" Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Dark side of the moon
    If you mean for small dosages of weed, then yes. A scale that goes down to .1g will do just fine.
    (A tip: To calibrate, a dollar bill in the US weighs 1.0g A US nickel weighs 5.0)

7. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    119 y/o from The Netherlands