Health - How often is ok?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by LucidDeathTrip, Mar 6, 2006.

1. LucidDeathTrip

LucidDeathTrip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How Often?

How often would fellow Dexers consider responsible on using DXM? To maintain my tolerancy, not fuck my brain up, and keep respect for the drug I've decided every couple of weeks to once a month would be alright.

Any thoughts?

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It really depends on the person and situation. I use DXM about once a year anymore ... but back when I was fascinated by it and used it weekly, he was still responsible.

3. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    well if you want no brain damage the best way is none at all. But to keep your issues at bay, i'd suggest once every few weeks. Though i wish i could give you a better answer with some real sources behind it i cant...

As pink said, back when I used to enjoy it a lot, he'd do it on average... every day... but we all know that is a little much. I guess a cheezy pun you could use is "anything in moderation is okay"

i'd say once a week, to a few times a month cant be to to bad... but keep the #'s on the low side

Muirner

4. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIG uses DXM once to twice a year.
    This assures him he isnt doing too much permanent damage.

5. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i was going to edit my post and put this, but there is a reply i'll put it here.

My buddie I have been thinking for a long while now that he wants to give good ol missy (dxm) a whirl again, he had some very VERY fun nights on it, but it's been a while. The last time I did it, it was a long, blank month... but after the snow goes, i think another fun night is in order

Muirner

6. Hydro120

Hydro120 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was wondering the same thing the other day. he did it last week, and is contemplating again this weekend. if he does, I am going to try for a good 2nd plateau trip, as his first 3 times were all 1st's, with the exception of the second time, where he did it on an empty stomach and had the first effects of a low 2nd.

7. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Swim's done it three times over the past two years. He thinks too that it'd propably be safe by doing it once a week, but that sounds like too often. He would maybe do it once a month, but he's not so fond of it. Swim's done one 1th plateu and to 2th platau, and isn't going to take 3th, or at least not 4th plateau, as he thinks the 4th platau is definetely putting his brains on a line.

8. ZANthraax

ZANthraax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've been doing Dex for only about four or five months, but most articles online will tell you not to do it more than once or twice a week.

Personally, I try not to go third or fourth plateau all that often, but little doses around 100-200mg a couple times a week, maybe to make school or boring nights a bit more interesting. However, most of the people I know that use Dex (and myself) usually have a weekend once in a while where we go completely fucked for three or four days straight, which is great and fun as hell, but I definately wouldn't recommend doing it frequently.

Really, the only suddle thing I'd watch out for when using frequently would be dosage in relation to tolerance. In other words, don't let it get to the point where you're doing it once or twice a week at like...300-400mg a dose. If your tolerance gets too high, just quit for a couple weeks. It saves you money, health, and of course makes it easier to get fucked up later.

Not to be condesending or anything, but on a side note, I'd add that if you're going to to Dex pretty frequently, get into the habit of buying products that only contain DXM. Doing DXM with other active ingredients once or twice is okay, but I wouldn't recommend it if you can help it; it can be pretty dangerous. In fact, that's why CCC fucks people up. Robotussin Cough Gels are good for DXM-only sources, or another method that's worked (quite well) for me is buying a certain type of Sucrets that only contain DXM and cooking the Dex out, mixing it with water, and drinking it that way. The directions for that are pretty easy to find, but yeah. Just thought I'd mention that.

Hope I've been helpful!

9. Shermsticky

Shermsticky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know for a fact that dxm will fuck your brain up of you do it too frequently. apparently, he couldn't think with any depth, nor could he concentrate for a month, after using it daily for two weeks straight.

he eventually got over it, but there is still a bit left.

it should also be noted that he had a problem speaking quickly. he would get tied up over certain sounds, in particular L sounds. it was like he was stuck in fucked up talk mode.

once or twice a month is okay, unless it is repeated high plateau level doses.

10. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    interesting, swim always had problems speaking while he was on dxm. probably a similar speech impediment, and it seems that in some people heavy usage can keep this unwanted side effect around. tolerance and damage from dxm does come pretty quickly, but in swim's experience and the experience of many lab rats swim experimented on, these changes are all reversible over the course of months.

11. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM try's to limit himself to once a week or less.
    Sometimes he goes over that limit, sometimes he doesn't dex for a month straight.
    I amn't so much worried about his liver, but there been some debate about the affects on the brain, and I would like to stay on the safe side.

:)

-RGM

12. za_za123

za_za123 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have done DXM once and it fucked up my stomach so in my own opinion never, but if one likes the drug but likes their brain...id say maybe once a month

13. upperdecker

upperdecker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM robotripped off of a Zicam bottle two days ago. It was only one bottle so was not out of his mind. How unhealthy for me would it be to do this again tomorrow (2 days later) at the same low dosage? I've read that your only supposed do it once a month but does that matter if the dosage was low like I did it?

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    What are you looking for? A license to increase tolerance in SWIM and require higher doses to achieve the desired effect?

DXM will build tolerance rapidly, and by some accounts permanently, with constant use. Waiting a month is the best option. Doing it weekly will likely find SWIM having close to zero effect in short order. I am advised to take his/her time and reflect on the previous experience - rather than rushing headlong into the next.

UTFSE for myriad reports on DXM tolerance. Waiting that month may save SWIM a year - or more.

15. saintsfan

saintsfan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Swim used a half bottle of robo and did it like once every two or three months until just several days ago swim found dxm in pill form. I have done it three days in a row and tolerance hasn't gone up yet. Swim plans on doing it for the next week everyday. After Swim plans on doing it every weekend. About how long can swim do this until it is at the point where swim needs to take dangerous amounts to get the effect?

16. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Not long!

With that level of abuse I would expect You to have quite a large tolerance by the end of this week. Take the advice Nagognog gave the OP and wait at least a month before dosing again or I think You will be finding DXM worthless within a very short period.
    BTW if these pills are the same ones you mentioned in some other threads I shudder to think what that much guaifenesin will do to you!