How often?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Yukio Mishima, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Yukio Mishima

Yukio Mishima Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am curious how often You takes DMT. When I have it, he gets into the habit of doing it once or twice a day for a week, then tails off for a week, then back on again.

2. JinxedSoul

JinxedSoul Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A few times between monday and thursday, 1-3 times daily friday-sunday. At least thats hows it been the last week for swim.

3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    A few times whenever I feel like it. He tries not to do it twice in one day or more than about 3 times in a week.

space em out if you wanna space out.

4. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    When I go on a DMT session he gets takes some harmala and will blast himself into hyperspace about five or six times in a row over a few hour period, mixing in some weed (swim almost always smokes late at night, by himself when he has no obligations the next day). However swim hardly ever does more than one session a month. DMT is cool in that unlike other psychedelics tolerance doesnt really seem to develop much, but still swim tends to get bored of drugs quickly and likes to vary things up (he wont even smoke weed more than once a week, or it gets old).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  5. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Can SWIZ add a little more detail about the Harmala/DMT combo? SWITC plans to embark down this same path in the not too distant future.

- Does SWIZ use harmala extract or ground rue?
    - Does it significantly extend the smoked session?
    - Does SWIZ wait for a half hour or so after ingesting the Harmala before smoking the DMT?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  6. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Sure! I use ground up syrian rue seeds, he boils them with a little orange juice mixed with water (the OJ raises the ph and helps extract the alkaloids), he uses about 5-6 grams of seeds but I am a fairly big guy (195 pounds) so most people use less (swim always figure, better to take too much than not enough). After drinking this nasty nasty tea concoction he doesnt have a set time limit, instead what he does is wait for the psychoactive effects of the harmala to kick in (You will notice a nice laid-back change in conciousness), then waits about another 15-25 minutes after feeling the first effects. Harmala lasts quite a long time, so once again its usually always good to wait longer, rather than shorter. It usually takes about 30-40 minutes for the first effects to appear, so I usually smokes about 50-60 minutes after drinking the tea.

The harmala does indeed significantly extend the effects of DMT. Standard literature says it doubles the duration, but swim suspects it may even be longer than that. The actual hyperspace portion is probably slightly less than doubled in length, but the come down is extended so much that swim can feel like he is still tripping even 40 minutes after smoking. Even at the 25 minute mark swim still gets quite intense wall breathing comparable to a medium dose of LSD.

7. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWITC is very appreciative of this great feedback. Lengthening the experience has been desired for a while, not as long as a full blown Ayahuasca adventure, but a full hour or so? mmmm, mmmm good! - time's short when you get old :).