How safe is ordering...

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by joechip666, Dec 2, 2005.

1. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    hypothetical scenario?

I would very much like to order some RC's. (I live in the United States.) The only thing that I am worried about is being raided for purchasing these chemicals. This would be completely unacceptable for SWIM.

Considering the above facts as a given, can SWIM safely order RC's without having to worry about his house being raided?

I understand that no one here can answer this question with certainty, but I would like to know what the opinions of various members are concerning this.

Thank You.Edited by: nanobrain

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    People dream of ordering chems from international sources into the states all the time. It's not happened yet, however you could always be the first. ;)

Also, many providers, if asked, will ship in a method that can be delivered to a (anonymous) po box.

3. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    no sources, no source discussions.

upon reading a cogent PM from the OP i decided to let the thread live for now.Edited by: nanobrain

4. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    What if the company you were ordering from was inside the US. Is the risk just as high? And even if u were to get a PO box dont you need to register it with your name being verified by your ID? I dont know ive never gotte na PO box but i would imagine thats how it works...

5. joechip666

Reputation Points:

If someone were to order from within the United States, the risks would be different.

Risks ordering outside the United States:

- Customscould misidentify the substance and think that something illegal was being ordered.

- Customs could correctly identify the substance and decide that it is an analogue.

- DEA could schedule the substance while it is in transit. When customs received it, it actually would be an illegal substance.

Risks orderinginside the United States:

- See Operation Web Tryp. A fewcustomers did get visits from the DEA as a result of this. This also, directly or indirectly, closed down mostlegitimate domesticvendors.Edited by: joechip666

6. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The risks are probably minimal since it is big effort to raid and prosecute
    an end user for possession of a substance that is not specifically listed.
    Those visited after webtryp were used as witnesses - I do not think that
    any except suppliers were prosecuted. This is not a sure thing, but it is
    probably not worth while to hit the end user unless there is some other
    agenda, like a need for witnesses. Since if there are suppliers, they are
    outside the US, the likelyhood of this is really slim. Also, the analog act
    has yet to be invoked. I wouldn't worry about it too much..
    The above of course applies only to chemicals not scheduled or listed in
    the US. If they are, all bets are off and you are gambling with your
    freedom.

SnapperEdited by: snapper

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I am sure the situation would/will change as soon as some money-grubbing pinhead floods some small town in Kansas with 2XY and little Johnny & Susie start seeing God outside of church on Sundays.

If you know anyone planning such, suggest they try plugging Drano.

8. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Raids in this type of situations have the tendency to provide extra and unexpected evidence like controlled substances, paraphernalia or grow rooms. I agree that the risks are not great, but still there. Customs has 100% checks every once in a while.

9. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    People in the UK were visted by the police post Webtryp, specifically
    for 2C-I, and charged. The same has happened in Ireland, or so I read.

Edited by: enquirewithin

10. glogga

glogga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I believe the DEA has to give at least a 30 day notice when emergency scheduling a substance.

11. akcom

akcom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's even more than that. "People I Know" have had no problem ordering materials in the past (within a month).

12. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    I have always wondered how much of the issues brought up in this discussion apply to other countries, especially in the more repressive ones of the european union for instance, ie what does happen when customs find that little vial of powder in your mail, even if it is "not scheduled". Do they just let it go through with a little "customs checked" tag ? Even if it's unscheduled, which means that they would have to analyse it first to check, what happens ? No luck in finding any answers anywhere so far, and I have trouble believing that they would let it pass just like that...

13. astenu

astenu Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    not sure about other countries but in the U.S it could be confiscated and at best you'll get a seizure notice in the mail. At worst they will do a "controlled delivery" and arrest you for possession of a controlled substance analog.

14. joechip666

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone know if the worst case scenario mentioned here has actually ever happened to anyone?

15. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    I can't understand why couldn't these people leave us the ordinary people do with our lives what we want. Isn't there written in the constitution that all Americans are free? What is this control for? To whom are you an obstacle? Because of the bigger countries like yours, countries like mine have also made many substances illegal (luckily this doesn't apply for the RCs). But here in Bulgaria things are worse. You have mandatory minimum sentences. We just have a list and a sentence of 15 years. If you don't pay the judge enough, you can get 15 yrs for a single joint. Imagine a 13 year old kid being sentenced 15 years. I am very lucky that this law will chage soon when we enter the EU. It's just insane and it is made by someone who has no idea what are the drug problems of his country. And btw I think it's immoral to say that an ill person is a criminal because of his sickness. Judging an addicted person is like throwing in jail someone because he has cancer or AIDS for example.

Anyway, my questions were:

What can these people from the DEA do to you if they find a research chemical in you (which is not scheduled)?

Isn't the risk of being deceived, sending the money and not getting anythig, a high risk, too?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  16. joechip666

Reputation Points:
    Who knows? The analogue laws are vague. It would depend on the prosecutor, the judge, and the defense attorney.

Yes, but the likelihood of something happening must be distinguished from the consequences. I.e. if someone were to get ripped off, they lose a (relatively) small amount of money. If someone were to be arrested, they lose their freedom.

17. Silence_Inc

Silence_Inc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    if some dudette hypothetical would order something ... this digital information and the acces to it by higher authorities is what scares poeple nowadays, doesn't it?

edited for compliance w/being hypothetical.

thanks,
    nano

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2005
  18. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    a-SalviaLover, if LE find reserch chemicals in you, they will most likely be using testing methods geared for meth etc, and some Research Chemical chems will show up as false positives.

please enjoy Paranoia in moderation (to the sounds of Mr Frank Sinatra doing the Gene Kelly hat dance).

19. Psy-Druid

Psy-Druid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think it allways depends on which chemicals you order in which time and where.... One packet with Ephedrine, Iodine and Red Phosphor , or GBL and NaOH would be uncool so..... otherways its secure

20. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    Well, if they misrecognise the substance for something illegal, I''d probaly be taken to court where I will ask for lab test of the compound and see that there is nothing illegal in it.

What consequences of falling under the analogue act? What are the sentences about analogs etc?