I felt it worth sharing this, because they want to know if anyone else has experienced this. I started smoking as it was the only way to get breaktime at work. I wasn't allowed to drink tea or just sit outside for five minutes, so began smoking for it. Swim enjoyed it, and smoked full tar cigarettes and cigars which lasted longer and had effects that also lasted longer. Three years later swim quit the job as it was a detriment to their health, but still enjoyed smoking. Always wanted to smoke pipe tobacco, so when I had that, gave up cigarettes. Pipe smoking lasted even longer and was more plesant, but about six months ago I was violently ill from smoking it (flushed, hyperventilation, fever, followed by the "I'm going to die" feeling, then vomit). The experience was at a pub, so I thought initally it was a bad pint of cider, but realised it was nicotine overdose as he'd been smoking a lot that day. Ever since then, swim (who also smokes very potent cannabis and is eager to try various psychedelics) has given up tobacco, and never felt like smoking it again, except as a novelty they put some in a vaporiser, but the taste was so horrible it nearly made swim sick again! Still got a massive headrush from less than a 20th of a lungful.