How to avoid ritalin addiction

Discussion in 'Amphetamines addiction' started by testodan, May 17, 2007.

1. testodan

testodan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The only recreational stimulant I use is Ritalin ,one day a week about 5 pills of 10mg each ,snorted (not at once).
    SWIM thinking about separeting his dose in about two days 25mg each-Saturday and Sunday(I use Ritalin on Weekends).
    And wondering from the addiction side,when I am more prone to addiction, even psycologically at any deggree,when administration of Ritalin is 50mg in one day or 25mg the first day +25mg the following day of the first?
    Thanks.

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: avoid ritalin addiction

Its hard to get the exact meaning of your query from your wording, but I'll try.

You are asking whether You is more prone to developing an addiction if You uses 50mg of Ritalin in one day or if he uses 25mg a day for two days?

I think more frequent use, even if a lesser amount, would give You more of a problem with developing a psychological preference for Ritalin. Its hard to say though, as higher doses would theoretically produce more enjoyable effects - up to a point - and therefore You would crave those feeling more, making it more addictive.

I don't think you can easily or effectively judge which type of use would be more prone to addiction problems. You should take care using either one and be sure to keep in touch with how his body and psyche are reacting to the substance and his own sentiments towards it. Take a break from use if You feels that he is becoming dependent on the substance. You can try alternating methods or maybe try one for a bit and then go back to the other. You is his own person, so many he will find one method more addictive than the other even though many other people experience the opposite. Just take care and use reason when regularly using a substance such as methylphenidate.

If anyone has personal experience with chronic use of methylphenidate they would probably be more of a help on this issue than me.

3. testodan

testodan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

You got me;),goodexplanation.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Ok good, wasn't completely sure, even after I finished writing that. :p