TEK - How to consume 40-50 grams of Peruvian Torch?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Ninjalittle, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Ninjalittle

Ninjalittle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from sweden
    SWIM just told me that he acquired 50 grams of dried Peruvian Torch which he says is enough for one trip. Well, is it? He claims it's more potent than San Pedro, which I have heard as well.

How is he supposed to consume it? Does he just eat the dried plant material as it is, boil a tea from it or is it better if he grinds it and insufflates it?

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Dried Peruvian Torch skins need to be simmered in water for 4-5 hours before consumption. Some people add lemons and limes to the brew in order to improve the taste but I amn't a believer in this because the taste is distinctly vile and unmaskable. It's important to strain the brew after simmering in order to remove the bits that will be floating around in it. Leaving the bits in makes it much more difficult to drink.

3. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Grind it down, boil for 15 minutes and then leave simmer for 5 hours. Over the five hours slowly add the juice of two lemons to help the extraction.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  4. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    in swims experiance swim sticks to around 30-40 g but 50 is definately enough, but one must remember that no 2 cacti are created the same, so it could be more or less potent.... usually swim hear u get about 100mg mescaline from 10g of average ptorch.

regarding you question if u have powder take it and put it in capsules or parachute it in kleenexs, snorting it is a ludacris idea, so much powder, so horrible tasting, smelling swim cringes thinking about snorting cactus, yuk. swim recomends splitting the dose into 3 sections and spreading them out to decrease nasaeu (15 min apart) and take a dramamine 30 min b4 you take your first dose. good luck its fun, cept for the puking haha

5. Ninjalittle

Ninjalittle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from sweden
    Alright, thanks for the very fast answers, me and SWIM really appreciate it.

I'm still not sure thought about whether I should boil the material or just consume it as it is. I'd rather not lose any of the potency, will boiling the material extract the mescaline efficiently or should I just eat it to make sure? I don't mind the vile taste really.

And if you don't mind me asking, what is dramamine? I amn't located in the UK.

6. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    boil it....dear god boil it.i wouldnt fancy eating 50 gs of dried cactus.but be warned....the taste of the brew is disgusting,i mean it honestly couldnt taste anymore like vomit if it tried.but its well worth the taste....

oh and as regards to setting...i would HIGHLY recommend you take it while out in nature and not stuck indoors.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2007
  7. Ninjalittle

Ninjalittle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from sweden
    Alright, me and SWIM understand :)

So let me just see if I got it right: I grind the dried plant material and boil it in water for 5-6 hours, possibly add some lemon juice to it, filter away the powder and drink?

Please excuse my stupidity, but you can never be too sure of something :) I tried boiling ayahuasca once, and had zero effect, so that's why I'm having second thoughts about the boiling extraction.

Btw, have you had any personal experience with boiling dried material? I would imagine that it would work better with fresh than dried material.

8. mala_22

mala_22 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    swim's found you dont need to boil it, they chop it up into lots of small peices with a knife or sissors, chuck some of it into swim's mouth, take a drink of water, swill it about and swallow. Can get 50 grams down with one or two glasses of water. No taste to bear, and would get the full effects.

9. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    What if I have some already ground dry Peruvian Torch powder? Same method as Ninjalittle just reiterated? Sorry if this is a stupid question, just making sure before I go and wastes his powder.

10. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    So far I have found the following ways of consuming dried peruvian torch or dried san pedro:
    1. By chewing the dried cactus as is.
    2. By grinding it to powder, encapsulating it and gulping the bulk of capsules.
    3. By mixing the powder with some water, freezing the goo and gulping the ice.
    4. By boiling it down in water with a tad of citric acid and gulping this.
    5. By boiling it down to tar, following Nan & Onediadem's recipee: Mescaline Extraction w/pics and consuming the tar.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
    1. 3/5,
      I was put off of the dry/ground cactus idea because everyone talks about boiling, but this cleared it up. Thanks.
      Oct 21, 2012
    2. 3/5,
      Great post, like the grouping of possibilities. #3 sounds great, looks like it'd be great with limeade
      Apr 20, 2011
    3. 4/5,
      Extremely precise and informative post.
      Dec 20, 2007
  11. Ninjalittle

Ninjalittle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from sweden
    Thank you very much! I think that's I'll manage now :)

A friend of mine simply gulped down 75 grams of dried San Pedro and had no effect what so ever, is that beacuse of the method of consumption or is 75 grams of San Pedro not enough?

12. Leafteaner

Leafteaner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The was he took it should have been fine and 75g could even be more than enough in some cases. Must have just been unlucky and had very weak cactus

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
  13. radagast

radagast Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I say you should grind it really fine then take a glass of a beverage that you can down in one easily, put in the powder very quickly stir and down before it can impart any of its flavour
    as for snorting he cant imagine snorting 50 grams of anything in less than at least the whole weekend. lol

14. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think an A/B extraction would be appropriate or one could grind and put in gel capsules.I have found tea to be very hard but possible to get down.

15. D-termine

D-termine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I am making 1oz of PT into capsules, this should be enough hopefully. Swim also thinks that making jello shooters would work too if one doesnt want to spend 20 minutes capping swims cactus

16. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Okay, Swim realizes this is a stupid question but wants to be absolutely sure before doing it because he spent a lot of money and time to get his cactus. I have 56 grams and intends to consume it by throwing it in a blender with some water and just downing that shit (Swim's ate and drank some gross shit in his day). This should be an alright method of consumption, right? It shouldn't do anything to mess up the mescaline, right? The other methods of preparation won't have any higher rate of absorption, will they? I want to make sure he gets the most bang for his buck. Swim's main concern is that the cactus tissue is pretty damn hard and that it might break the blender.

Also would it be better to drink it with Orange Juice to potentiate the Mescaline? Thanks guys.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  17. jaguarangel

jaguarangel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim say get a pressure cooker, boil with minimal water (enough to cover material) and lemon juice or citric acid for 1 hour. Then strain in a wine press mesh or a tea shirt, refrigerate and then drink it with a chaser (grape juice) or something that cuts the taste. Be in a reclined position for the first 2 hours as there can be some stomach upset at onset.

18. D-termine

D-termine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have consumed 1.5oz of dried PT chips, and without Mary Jane, there was no effect. With MJ, swim experienced visual disturbances comparable to DXM but with eyes open during that day. Sorry, swims point of reference is limited by mes prior use. I would recomend 2 full days off of work or school, and a full 3oz to achieve a better trip.

FYI, about 60 "000" caps is what was needed for the powder to be packed in. Those are the largest caps available

19. reaper666

reaper666 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: How to consume 50 grams of Peruvian Torch?

Would cooking/consuming with orange juice work, it's only slightly less acidic than lemon juice and (to SWIM) tastes a ton better.

20. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: How to consume 50 grams of Peruvian Torch?

Once one add's san pedro, if it's at all potent, it honestly doesn't matter what one tries to use to mask the flavor, it simply doesn't help.. The smallest amount of anything is the easiest, especially if one has to taste it..