how to IV palladone

Discussion in 'Hydromorphone' started by cartouche, Feb 10, 2007.

1. cartouche

cartouche Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM confirmed with someone he doesnt know that what he has is indeed 100 6mg canadian palladone. how can u iv them? i heard someone say u gotta get them crisped or something, any info would help cause they are time release. and is it safe to insufflate without having them crisped?

thankyou

2. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    98 y/o
    IV palladone huh. Well, they got taken off the market in the US because people who consumed ethanol had the time rls bust in their stomach resulting in an overdose. Do with that info what you will

3. cartouche

cartouche Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i know that the time release bursts but how can I use that to IV?
    can u inject ethanol?

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    No! You should definitely NOT attempt to inject ethanol. You should probably give up on the idea of IVing the controlled release capsules at all. Find another route of administration.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  5. brown_chunx

brown_chunx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    When the pills are crushed up, the time release should be broken. I've never heard of palladone, but that is usually the case. Is there a coating on it? I'm not sure, but isn't the time release in the coating, or is it in the binders of the pills? (I've heard both, so either someone was wrong, or it just varies from pill to pill)

What opiate is in palladone anyway?

6. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    A quick search states that Palladone is a brand name for a formula of hydromorphone. SWIM initially thought that Palladone had a similar time-release formula to Avinza or Adderall XR, where its a capsule filled with time-release beads. But looking at the results from google image searches, I say that it looks more like a tablet, in which case the time-release would be either coating the pill or in the binders itself. It varies from pill to pill, I think it can be either, or both, in the case of Oxycontin. Crushing the pills should break the time release, but this won't make them any safer to inject.

7. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    98 y/o
    I coulda swore they were capsules as well...

8. rony252

rony252 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Czech Republic
    Palladone is very good opiate.