1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Pharmacology - how to make adderall release more serotonin

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by gman7104, May 4, 2012.

1. gman7104

gman7104 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like to use adderall for the serotonin rush. I dont care too much for dopamine-releasing drugs, but I like adderall because it makes me feel like im rolling a bit. Is there a way to make adderall work on serotonin receptors more?

2. ebolarama

ebolarama Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Adderall won't make you feel like you're "rolling" after more than a couple uses, though I personally hate when people use that term to describe amph. I don't know much about the serotonin but you could try looking up glutamic acid, i guess that possibly has a correlation between amphetamines and serotonin.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  3. EternalReality

EternalReality Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    adderall is a "dopamine-releasing drug" but you just said you dont like "dopamine releasing drugs"

4. Chris120

Chris120 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hello there! To be honest I do not know what would directly increase the serotonin levels while not raising dopamine and norepinephrine levels at the same time. By the way, the "rolling" feeling i'm you experience is most likely the dopamine/norepinephrine increase compared to serotonin. The dopamine gives the happiness/euphoria, and the norepinephrine gives the high energy. Serotonin is more of just a mood lifter to keep thoughts on the positive, etc. I have read that you will absorb the adderall more (and thus have increased overall effect) if you take it with a more alkaline stomach. Do this by eating foods like almonds, carrots, and other vegetables, and only drinking water. Try not eating fatty/sugary foods along with acidic drinks (like soda or orange juice) before you take it, as they will make your stomach acidic, reducing adderall's effect. But don't use this as an excuse to starve yourself from food or a drink if you need to drink it. Ask me if you have any more questions!

5. EternalReality

Reputation Points:
    also mixing some baking soda with a glass of water reduces the acidity in the stomach causing more of the adderall to be absorbed by raising bio-availibility

6. Chris120

Chris120 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Good point! I have heard of this method, but I choose to not use it as baking soda and water mixtures taste pretty bad in general. Gets the job done though!

7. EternalReality

Reputation Points:
    yes i find if i mix baking soda and water it has a salty "make you wanna barf" taste so i get some koolaid powder and mix it in their. or if i am trying to potentiate opiates like oxycodone or hydrocodone i will mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a coors light 5%alcohol beer. i know mixing to downers is dangerous but i keep it under control.

8. Chris120

Chris120 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah 5% beer doesn't sound like it would give an adverse reaction to other downers. I mean unless you are really chugging the solution, but that's probably near impossible heh. Thanks for the idea about adding Koolaid though, I didn't even think about that. Good to know for when I really need to alkalize my stomach!

9. EternalReality

Reputation Points:
    yeh NP about the kool-aid thing and can i PM you about oxycodone suggestion.? i don't want to make a thread because there are too many and i will just get negative rep but i need specific help.

10. Chris120

Chris120 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sure, PM me whenever. Id be happy to help.

11. ebolarama

ebolarama Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    can just eat tums or rolaids instead of baking soda, save your tastebuds the abuse.

12. EternalReality

Reputation Points:
    baking soda doesn't taste that bad. and if you mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 8oz. of water you cant taste it at all. tums and rolaids leave a powdery artificial fruit chalk taste.

13. Hollow Hippie

Hollow Hippie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Easy! Wave a wand and add a methylenedioxy group on the 3,4 positions on the phenyl ring (Although it will still be less than MDMA)! But in all seriousness, you're not going to get much serotonin release out of amphetamine. You get a little more serotonin release out of methamphetamine, hence its better chance of causing neurotoxicity.

14. gman7104

gman7104 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm not saying I don't like dopamine releasing drugs at all, but I think they are dull when compared to drugs that affect serotonin. Ive tried meth and rolls, rolls were absouletly amazing and I thought that meth was the most pleasurable experience ive ever had, but I liked the super happy amazing feeling you get off rolls.

I feel some of the serotonin rush on adderall, and that combined with norepinephrine rush plus dopamine rush reminds me of a roll somewhat.

Would serotonin agonists work?

15. nuggs313

nuggs313 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Also wouldn't using Kool aid mix be the complete opposite of baking soda seeing how it has citric acid in it

16. Thedoorsandchemistry

Thedoorsandchemistry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    in terms of stimulants in general a lot of people who have adhd (i do not) who try to get high says adderal doesnt get u high it calms u, for me its the oppostie its well.. an amphetamine high thats what it is. dont people with adhd react differently to things like nicotine and sstims because o the way ytheir brain releases chemicals? and if i havent done adderal or any amphetamines or other drugs in 3 months whats a good dose for recreation if i way just under 100lbs?

17. Sinned17

Sinned17 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have ADHD and I can't speak for other people with it but I agree that Adderall calms me down. There is a euphoric feel the first few days you take it but I'm not sure what high you're supposed to feel. I've never had a "rolling" feel on it like with e.

I really don't know how your tolerance is but 3 months not on it is a good long break.

18. shockvaluejj

shockvaluejj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, I've been on combinations of adder all, vyvanse, and focalin for the last several months to treat my ADHD. When I first started, I was amazingly hopeful and motivated, and cleaning became my passion. However, that lasted maybe 2 weeks at max, and now a days 60 mg of adderall xr just slows me down to the point where I can willfully focus my thoughts on things. It sure as hell doesn't feel like a powerful stimulant. To be honest, its often times reminiscent of a low dose of opiates, I guess that probably has something to do with the dopamine component in both. I find it really interesting, though, that when my adder all is working,these days, my pupils actually become pinpricks, as opposed to getting blown the fuck up like they used to. Anyhow, I can still get shit done, so I'm not complaining.

19. jerziegirl434

jerziegirl434 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well i tried this ,this morning and yes yes yes it works, i got a great nights sleep after i made an amazing dinner,i drank the baking soda and took my meds,it was a wonderful morning thank you for the input

20. PunchThomas

PunchThomas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This is because an ADHD brain needs stimulation to get going, so people with ADHD tend to fidget and bounce around a lot, because that physical activity is necessary to get their brains going. Stimulants like adderall are effective for ADHD because it stimulates your brain chemically, without the physical activity, thus making it appear to calm you down.