Question - How to make mushrooms easier on the stomach?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by jazzyj9, Aug 19, 2019.

1. jazzyj9

jazzyj9 Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have had some very positive experiences with mushrooms and wanted to continue my experimentation but a severe bout of mushroom induced stomach discomfort and irritation caused a really bad trip. My gut felt like it was dying, it was on fire and I had severe cramping and vomiting and the overwhelming physical discomfort really ruined it for me this time. I have some pre-existing stomach problems that come and go, I get gastritis flare-ups which have needed medical attention in the past because of the pain. I was in severe pain and couldn't get any relief.

Is there any way to overcome this gastrointestinal issues associated with mushrooms? Would making tea be better?

2. titaniumhunter

titaniumhunter Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, tea is usually easier on the gut. I used to get nauseous with mushrooms but mushroom tea was fine.
    However that usually doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the trip. I mean I've had bad headaches with LSD, headaches are not fun, but the trip itself was good. Anyway, yes....tea. But don't grind down the mushrooms too fine as it's the actual plant material that's causing the issues. Also use fresh ginger, ginger tea, ginger ale, whatever to counteract the nausea,etc. It won't be perfect since you are prone to gastritis, but it may be better.

3. jazzyj9

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the advice. The trip started very well but the intensity of the pain killed my mood and the trip went bad. I stayed on the toilet and in bed the whole time. The setting was off a bit too but I have tripped at home before no problem. My stomach still hurts and I’m still nauseous off and on. It set off gastritis which really sucks. But next time tea for sure.

4. titaniumhunter

titaniumhunter Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used to love mushrooms. I just remembered the time a bunch of us were in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate NY hanging out at a swimming hole. A few of us had drank mushroom tea. Little by little people drifted off to the trail back to the camp. I was with the last few [who were strait]. I kept stopping to look and laugh at or stare in amazement at , well, what is in a dense forest It was all so fascinating and beautiful. Eventually it was just me & my dog. She was a fairly loyal dog but even she finally gave up, left me staring at some tree bark and went back without me. Enjoy your trips.

5. Shartist

Shartist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Indiana, United States
    Fenugreek has been used traditionally to treat gastritis. I drink tea brewed with ginger for naseau and fenugreek to aid digestion when I toss and wash kratom. It works great for me. This may help with shrooms as well.

When brewing shrooms into tea there is the possibility of losing potency. The onset may hit harder and faster and the trip may have a shorter duration.

6. jazzyj9

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thank you for the reply, I will try the fenugreek next time. I was reading about soaking the shrooms in Lemmon for 20 minutes prior to making tea which reportedly potentiates the psilocybin and possibly makes the trip last longer. I haven't read extensively enough to know how it does this, the lemon solution, but there is a lot of anecdotal reports of it having a boosting effect. That's what I'm going to do next time.

The intense stomach and bowel discomfort was too much. If I had that much pain sober, I would have sought medical attention for relief, but in the state, I was in did not want to do that, so had to ride out the pain and it was very unpleasant, so I've got to make sure this doesn't happen next time.

7. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from ireland
    Id suggest making a strong ginger tea and use that to make the mushroom tea with. If you can deal with peppermint repeating on you then you can take a couple of capsules of peppermint oil before you take the tea. I have found both to help, although i don't really suffer with bad nausea or stomach discomfort as much as some people seem to.
    Kratom is great if you have loose bowels, i went over a decade without having to deal with the runs more than once or twice ;)

8. EternalEmbrace

EternalEmbrace Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The World
    There's something called Lemon TEK, which supposedly makes your psilocybin tea into a psilocin tea (the actual psychedelic compound).

People who used this method say it makes things "smoother" since there's no psilocybin to psilocin conversion in your body, you're getting the real deal straight away.

I don't know if this is factual though.

Might be worth a try.

9. Delia

Delia Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    You could try making mushroom honey. The waiting time can vary from a month to longer depending on how long the mushrooms sit in the honey. They also must be dry, you don’t want to cause fermentation.

The honey can have a blueish hue and could possibly be easier on your stomach.

10. elunicotomas

elunicotomas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from argentina
    Same here, a couple of weeks ago I took mushroom that i grew with a friend. We made a chocolate with 2.5gr each, incredible trip but suffered a lot from my stomach. Nausea, vomiting, stomach on fire, like i was sick, really felt "in the body" sort to speak....

I'll try to make a tea next time.

11. TheMycorrhizalWitch

TheMycorrhizalWitch Green Witch Healer(Prev SirDabathin) Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Michigan, United States
    It seems odd that no one has asked this question, or is it best left unsaid?

Jazz, are you eating anything 6 hours prior to the dosing of them? Usually I will wait 3, but 6 hours is recommended to avoid any complications while digesting the magic mushrooms. Try to also analyze your diet, if you're eating a happy healthy diet then there should not be any worries. I have always ate a paleo diet and I never have any headaches, stomach problems, etc, while sober or under the influence of a psychedelic substance.

In case anyone starts to vomit hysterically on mushrooms make sure you have plenty of clean water to keep you hydrated as you could easily become dehydrated by saying hello to the water that went down your gullet 2 hours ago.

I have always ate the mushrooms plain as they are, keeping a glass of water to get the chunks out of my molars and such. Everyone is different, my point is that through a disciplinary diet you can mitigate as much of the effects as possible that you experience while under the influence of psychedelic mushrooms. A bath is a bonus.

And speaking in terms of spirit, it could be negative energy trying to cleanse itself from your body through the form of vomit or head ache. Maybe it is trying to notify you of something minor, however negative in your life that the mushroom wants you to self reflect upon. And hey maybe your body chemistry just doesn't fit the bill. I would start with your diet. Good luck on future journeys.

Edit: I feel sad I got that rep, oh well can't change the plain of the mundane "mundos." My opinions are my opinions, sorry you feel otherwise. I dont think I deserved a negative rating.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  12. jazzyj9

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    @SirDabathin I think it was probably a combination of all of that. My diet and stomach are not the best. Thanks for the suggestion!

13. elunicotomas

elunicotomas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from argentina
    The time I ate the shrooms it was saturday morning, just woke up, had a glass of water and took them, although was on empty stomach had rally bad time with the nausea.. :(