TEK - how to make the perfect rollie?

Discussion in 'Tobacco' started by dnb warrior, Nov 1, 2006.

1. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    does anyone have any tips for making a roll up that tastes smooth and doesnt go out much?

which tobacco/papers are best, how tight do you make em and how much tobacco do you put in? how many rollies do you get from say 25g of baccy?

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've been backrolling my cigarettes lately (rolling them dutch style). It gets them nice and tight so they don't run but also prevents the tobacco from getting too packed so the cigarette starts going out.

I just cut a filter from a piece of index card or a business card usually, though I've thought about getting the roll-up cotton filters.

I vary the size depending on how much I feel like smoking, so an ounce of tobacco lasts me a variable amount of time. I find I smoke less when I'm rolling up cigs.

I like to use smoking brand papers, generally the slim ones (the gold coloured one). They are pretty easy to work with and roll dutch quite nicely, though most any paper will do so long as you can backroll it.

You should try it out. It will also help you with rolling spliffs dutch if you aren't too experienced at it.

3. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    hey i will tell SWIM to give this backrolling a shot he has tried it with spliffs but without much success.

he likes to smoke with filters though it seems the right thing to do, health-wise!

just annoying that sometimes his cigs dont wana stay lit for more than about 10 seconds while other times they are fine and as far as he can see it is a random decision on behalf of the cigarette

4. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  5. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    good video cheers! swim just burnt a hole in his first backrolled rollie while trying to burn off the excess paper... next time will be better :D

6. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    be sure to let us know how it goes. swim generally folds the paper back after licking to help it burn easier. you have to clean up with the lighter a bit more after, but it won't burn through the paper most likely unless you don't have a tight roll at all. oh and you shouldn't need to pack it really with this method.

7. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    The thicker the paper the less they go out. So rizla reds would solve this problem, although you would sacrifice a bit of the taste. And when it comes to filters nothing beats swan extra slim, the non slim ones are a bit big for my liking, who rolls a rollie the size of a normal cigarrette?! Backrolling seems like a good idea, but i'm so set in me ways!