1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - How to make Wild Dagga tea?

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Ralliart420, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Ralliart420

Ralliart420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Swim recently acquired some Wild Dagga flowers. Swim has smoked these flowers and found they have a little bit of a high similar to mary jane (definately not the same, but nice). However Swim finds that he needs to smoke a lot of the Dagga to get and effect. Swim has heard of people making tea out of it, but hasn't been able to find a recipe for it yet. He likes kratom a lot and feels that adding some Wild Dagga with it might make the kratom even better. If anyone has made this before and has gotten a good effect from it (even just by itself and not with kratom), it would be great if you could explain how to make it to him. Also with a dosage so wim could get an idea of how strong to make it. Thanks!

2. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from The Netherlands
    you have to collect the resin from the plant...something like collecting opium for example.

smoking the resin has far more effect as well...

3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from ireland
    Are you thinking about Opium Lettuce Lodewijkp?

Wild Dagga (Leonotis leonurus) tea, to the best of my knowledge is made by boiling or steeping the flowers in water.

4. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from The Netherlands
    no lol
    i've read somewhere they collect resin from wild dagga in order to make a strong tea. i have no experience with wild dagga, just trying to point the OP in a certain direction

5. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    take plant/flowers. Put them in boiling water. Let sit. Strain. Drink.

Satan! This isn't rocket science, it's making tea.

6. jljar5

jljar5 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I have some 10x extract powder. Any ideas on dosage? 1 gram of extract? I can feel just a couple toke when I mix w VERY good mary jane (I cough from the MJ before I do from the dagga smoke) but I feel moderately sedated and almost what i'd describe as a slight but noticeable intoxication... Not too bad. Heard the leaves were TERRIBLE to smoke, I'd make tea w them for sure. I just want to try a higher dose w/o getting all my pieces full of dagga resin and smoking a bunch cuz even the extract is like smoking bark or something. Reminds of when I tried smoking ground acacia confusa root bark, cuz a guy in forums said he did it n tripped.. NOPE btw on that one.. Sorry off topic a little. Dosage? extract

7. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from ireland
    Its difficult to make dosage suggestions with such products.
    The 10X does not really mean anything.
    It is supposed to mean that 10 grams of material went into making 1 gram of extract, but without knowing how potent the original material was it could mean anything. If it was bad material then the extract is not going to be very strong either.

Most of these extracts are sold in head shops and are usually bunk or next to bunk.
    Start with a gram and try to judge it from there. You might need several grams to get the desired effect, or 1 gram might be enough.

8. juggalotweeker17

juggalotweeker17 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Like potter said just steep in boiling water

Or you can real my thread on extractions if you want to actually feel the effects and not just drink nasty tea http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209167

As for the guy who mentioned 10x half to a whole gram will be about right

9. badman62

badman62 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    i have a few plants (some 8ft tall), ive tried several times, hearing the fresh flower was better.
    i actually just put the flowers in the coffee pot and mashed them down for a few mins.

I never felt anything that was worth mentioning/posting.
    I tried it with catnip which it may have enhanced just a tad.
    I never made an extract though, just straight flowers

Wow, i cant post a link, or an image, or upload an image ?
    seriously ?

10. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from ireland
    You can upload your image to your profile and link it from there.
    No need to get so excited ;)