How to safely prepare for a binge

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by GForce, Mar 21, 2007.

1. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There seems to be a lot of discussion regarding binging on Adderall. Binging, of course, is a subjective measurement, but for the purposes of this thread we'll consider it to be relatively large doses for you's tolerence or using the drug for sleep deprivation. I hope through this discussion we can help better educate each other so we can share methods of keeping your body healthy during such a binge.

I'll start off with a few "Do's" I will always do;
    -Keep aspirin around. Aspirin thins the blood and thus puts less strain on your cardiovascular system. You doesn't have to use aspirin every time (and SWIM certainly doesn't) but if he is experiencing chest pain, or something else cardio-related, he should consider taking some aspirin. Bayer isn't lying when they say aspirin can save your life during a heart attack. That being said, if You thinks he is having a heart attack, I think it goes without saying seek medical attention immediately!
    -If possible, have benzo's available. Adderall can cause anxiety and panic, as well as heart palpitations. Heart palpitations can very easily lead to a panic attack and make you believe you're having a heart attack. SWIM experienced his first panic attack first hand as a result of over-stimulation. Basically your mind goes into an endless loop that there is something wrong so your body exhibits symptoms, and as you exhibit those symtoms you further believe something is wrong, etc.
    -Again, have benzos around. I figured it was worth mentioning this again because they can apply to more than just panic attacks. Benzos are used in the treatment of amphetamine psychosis. Amphetamine psychosis results from a combination of too much amphetamines and not enough sleep, and can have a very mild onset (such as minor auditory and visual hallucinations). In SWIM's experience, taking xanax usually halts this completely and also relaxes SWIM when he is on edge from using a lot for studying all night, for example.
    -Stay hydrated. Adderall is a stimulant, and stimulants will cause your body to rapidly lose hydration. Adderall will most likely make you urinate much more frequently and dry your mouth out. These are symptoms of your body needing more hydration.
    -Stay healthy. Try to eat something if you can. Even just a power bar can go a long way as far as providing your body with some of the nutrients its metabolizing quickly. In situations where I don't have time to get/make food and doesn't have a power bar, he'll at least take a multivitamin.
    -Know your limit. I know we're not children but this is important enough to include. Know what you are getting yourself into. If you've never taken Adderall before don't go on a 100mg binge. This goes for study/recreation. If You goes overboard he won't be able to do either (study effectively or enjoy himself).

Anyway, those are SWIM's suggestions from his own personal experiences. Feel free to add.

2. SWIMming

SWIMming Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In place of food/power bars SWIM prefers Slimfast in a lot of situations. 220 liquid calories (get the rich chocolate royale, it even tastes good!).

3. carousel

carousel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had the same checklist in a dream once. swim also keeps acid reflux medication around. any kind of stimulant upsets swim's stomach a little bit but eating right and taking care of the situation goes a long way. some of my friend have had little problem with acid reflux in their lifetime but gets a mild (compared to swim) case when they take stimulants/uppers/etc.

4. SWIMming

SWIMming Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Antacid tablets actually aid in the absorption of Amphetamines in the stomach, and slow down their elimination from the body by basifying the stomach/urinary tract.

Plus they help with Acid Reflux

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Fwiw there's no such thing as a "safe" amphetamine binge, simply "more risky" or "less risky." Harm reduction is called that for a reason -- one can reduce but not eliminate the harm inflicted by treating the body/mind in ways it was not designed to be treated. I just wanted to point that out, as the thread title could conceivably be misleading to newcomers and those unfamiliar with stimulants.

That said -- SWIM really likes this thread and appreciates the OP's harm reduction suggestions. They may look basic, but the simplest things are usually the most often overlooked.

6. Frankenstein[[S.L]]

Frankenstein[[S.L]] Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If You Are Taking Any Weight Loss Supplements, Make Sure Not To Take Them The Day Before, During, And About 2-3 Days After You Bindge.

I Am Not Saying You Should Be Going On A Drug Bindge, But What I Am Saying Is Weight Loss Supplements Already Speed Up Your Metabolism, And Adding An "Upper" Greatly Increases Your Risk For A Heart Attack.

Also Note That Recreational Drug Use Is Not Only Illegal, But Also Harmful To Your Health.

I Myself Have Done Many Reports On The Subject, And I Also Find Reading About Very Interesting, So I Am Pretty Well Aware Of What Drugs Can Do To Your Body.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  7. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Are there many studies around that discuss the use of aspirin in conjunction with amphetamines? I did a quick search and found some case studies that mentioned using aspirin to treat cardiovascular problems provided they weren't too severe, but couldn't find much else on the subject.

Edit: For instance, this article is a bit disconcerting.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  8. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No drug use can ever be completely safe. All drug use contains inherent risks. Bingeing much more so. Not to take away from the purpose of this thread, but some food for thought nonetheless.

9. ISeeShadowPeople

ISeeShadowPeople Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You forgot one very important rule. Don't tell other people that you're seeing shadow people, it will cause confusion.

10. readeadamie

readeadamie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIBajeda, I know that aspirin, caffeine and ephedrine complex supplements used to be commonly available to aid in weight loss/working out. The aspirin was added to help prevent any ephedrine related cardio-toxcicity aswell as potentiate the thermogenic effect of ephedrine + caffeine. Does anyone know whether paracetamol can be used instead of aspirin for the same purpose?

11. Dreamland

Dreamland Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    First off SWIM always takes alot of Arginine(amino acid) while indulging in amphetamines thinking that the arginine could help open the blood vessles to get oxygen to the heart and organs - it could help conteract the vasconstricting properties of amphetamines or any stimulant (or that's what I think - Opinoin)..

Also, SWIM never gets hungry during an amp binge, so SWIM always drinks a Meal Replacement Protein MilkShake, which can be bought at a local conveniant store or gass station. SWIM include piracetam too for increased cognitive effects and no dulling of the mind...I find a shower very rejuvinating during an amp binge.:)

Last but not least, SWIM keeps some benzos around for when coming down. also I find opiates(mainly tramadol) can come in handy when things start getting really irritable and overstimulated:mad:. SWIM also uses a wellbutrin for enhancement of the dopamine in conjuction with the amphetamine.. enjoy you's binge! :vibes: