1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop nodding

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Ididnotinhale, May 12, 2008.

1. Ididnotinhale

Ididnotinhale

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone know of a good way to stop nodding so swimmers can study or talk to others without loosing the good feeling of opiates.

Also, in a similar fashion, does anyone know how to quickly sober up in case swim has to talk to a boss, teacher...etc

thanks
    P.S. Swim has looked all over the website and hasn't found anything, but if anyone has a link swim would love to see that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010
  2. Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Reputation Points:
    I don't think there is a way, once it's in SWIY's system, blood/brain it's there. SWIY'll be high on it which I believe restricts or lessens the movement in SWIYs neck area and eyes .... which is why SWIY nods foreward and SWIYs eyes are droopy.

Apart from detoxs there isn't a way from getting it from SWIYs system and that's not going to happen over the course of a few minutes/hours.

SWIM would keep it to weekends or when your not going to need your soborness. I'm sorry but I don't think it's possible what SWIY asked for.

3. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    the only option is to take less. and self control.

4. Ididnotinhale

Ididnotinhale

Reputation Points:
    Swim is actually asking this because he is prescribed an opiate along with a benzo, he does not abuse his drugs, but if his PTSD really takes control and he is forced to take the full dose of benzos it can put him into a light not. This is fine, but very embarassing if he is called out to do something and very difficult if a few hours later he has to study.

Any suggestions that would help with either the opiate or the benzo would be very helpful. Thank you.

5. samuraigecko

samuraigecko

Reputation Points:
    Unfortunately both benzo and opii drugs will make a person drowsy. There is almost nothing one can do about this other than to take other drugs which may have the reverse effects (like speed, meth, etc) but this is in no way suggested or recommended.

Taking an opii with an amphetamine can be dangerous. This is a practice called "speed balling" and has been lethal in quite a number of cases.

Since there is no easy answer for this and SWIyou are taking the medications for a legitimate reason then there should be allowances in place for the person in question. Talk to a boss, supervisor or teacher and explain SWIyour ailment and the medications SWIyou are required to take and some allowances or an arrangement could probably be made.

Hope this has been of help :)

6. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario

Reputation Points:
    In my experience, the best way to stop nodding is to take some dexadrine, or any other perscription stimulant. It gives you the enrgy you want, and the opiates take away the weird anxiety from stimulants. So you're chilled out, but on track. Plus stimulants and pods each have a nice body high which doesn't hurt:)..

7. tryptamaster

tryptamaster

Reputation Points:
    dude jsut dont use enogh opiate to get on the nod if u know ur gonna have to function. when im on the nod im like halfway asleep and in a dream consosnes. the only real avice thats safe here is take less of the meds.

8. G_nome

G_nome Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

My cat says buprenorphine may help with this. SWIM had some once whilst on heroin, sobered SWIM up instantly. In fact it put SWIM into withdrawls, which wasn't so good he says. But if you're not an addict you obviously won't get withdrawls, just sober.

But i'm not 100% sure on this, I'm sure some other nice folk will know better than I.

9. fiveleggedrat

fiveleggedrat Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Caffeine, nicotine, or a various nootropics/mental aid would prove useful.

Swim has experienced issues from combinations of benzos and opioids, usually an annoying "narcolepsy" like effect much less controllable than nodding. Can be very problematic.

10. Figaro

Figaro Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    A very small amount of naloxone, which is an opiate antagonist. Do not take a lot, find out what the little bit is in terms of dose.

Naloxone is use to bring people around when they over dose. The situation is that about 10mL to 4mL will usually bring someone up that over dose. My guess, but it is only a guess that you should take about 1ml or less and see if it brings you to stop nod without making you sick.

Naloxone usually last about 4 hours, so if you are on Methadone, after the 4th hours you methadone should catch up.

11. fiveleggedrat

Reputation Points:
    Um...Why would someone administer naloxone to prevent nodding? Naloxone would throw them straight into withdrawals, no?

12. chillinwill

chillinwill

Reputation Points:
    yes indeed it would

13. Figaro

Figaro Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I am guessing like you are that their is a dose level that will throw them straight into withdrawals.

I gave what I thought was the "normal" dose. If you use tiny doses, I am almost willling to bet that it will not put you straight into withdrawals, but blocks just enought to stop the nod.

YOu are assuming that all dose levels do the same thing.

14. fiveleggedrat

Reputation Points:
    Well instead of suggesting someone who wants to reduce nodding risk instant withdrawal and a very lousy experience, why don't you provide a source?

15. Figaro

Figaro Silver Member

Reputation Points:

No body else did, and I have no attachement whether he or you do it or not.

1st, we don't even know if this guy is addicted to oopiates.

You are the one that is assuming that he will go into instant withdrawal.

He is interested, he could do the further research and look for the sources. All I do is give a suggestion, he can or not try.

This is as far as I am willing to do the seach. I have bottel of Naloxone at home. Read the extenal instruccion and the dose. I guess I "forgot" to add on my post "shoot at your own risk".

The name of the manufacturer pharmaceutical is Hospira, Inc.b find their telephone number and he can ask them about what is calll the threashold between just becoming a tiny bit active and going it to full blown withdrawal.

Figaro added 28 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

http://www.drugs.com/pro/naloxone-injection.html

Naloxone has not been shown to produce tolerance or cause physical or psychological dependence. In the presence of physical dependence on opioids, Naloxone will produce withdrawal symptoms. However, in the presence of opioid dependence, opiate withdrawal symptoms may appear within minutes of Naloxone administration and will subside in about 2 hours. The severity and duration of the withdrawal syndrome are related to the dose of Naloxone and to the degree and type of opioid dependence. I am willing to bet that one can do enough Naloxone not to start withdrawal symptoms at very tiny doses.

It also comes in a Spray can for nostral use. I have known that at very tiny doses, one will wake up the person from an over dose, and not beging much withdrawl symtoms.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  16. chillinwill

chillinwill

Reputation Points:
    first off, what makes you think that by administrating a tiny dose of naloxone, that it will stop nodding but leave the high intact? if it didn't send you into instant withdrawal, then it might diminish the high and then you are correct that you aren't nodding since you aren't high

furthermore, if i remember correctly, i don't think it matters if someone is addicted to opiates or not if administered enough naloxone, it will still send them into instant withdrawal since naloxone is an antogonist and will throw off any opiates on the recepter sites and replace them with the naloxone.....for example, if someone shot up heroin for the first time ever, and did enough to OD but was administered Narcan (which is naloxone), that would send them into instant withdrawal thus probably saving their life since the naloxone is ripping the opiates that are attached to the recepter sites

also, just did some searching and found from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15781505 that
    now given that was for children, but I am just going out on a hunch and hypothesizing that the same would work for adults if one was to up the dose slightly

17. Figaro

Figaro Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Don't do it, it was only a suggestion for exploration.

I have taken little tiny amounts of naltoxon and I have not had any "negative" full blown withdrawl like you say. But has lower my heroin high for a while.

That is all it did, dimish the high, but if you are expecting not to nod, it will diminish the high. That is all, I Know where there is three bottoesl of Naloxone I experimented with.

You mean if you are not a heroin addict, if you use naloxone, it will react with your natural opiates and put you into instant withdrawl? that has not been my experience. Allthough I hear that it does happen.

You might be right, but I have not had that experience when I experimented on myself.

18. chillinwill

chillinwill

Reputation Points:
    I wasn't talking about natural opiates in the brain....someone mentioned that you had to be addicted to opiates and if naloxone is administrated, then it would send you into withdrawal ONLY if you were addicted to opiates and high at the time.....this isn't true as one could do opiates for the first time ever and need Narcan (the naloxone) to bring them back from an OD if say they misjudged how much to take of an opiate

also, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I was just pointing out what is known about naloxone and such....I mean its a great exploration idea and if one were to explore it, then come back on here and state as such....However, if one hasn't explored the idea, then remember to state that its just an idea as your first post in this thread said

19. jon-q

jon-q Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    BINGO! Swim can't believe what hes reading advice from taking naloxone to speedballing(which is super by the way swiy s/gecko)
    If swiy knows there going to be in a situation where "Going on the nod" is going to cause potential problems,then simply reduce the amount of opiate/benzos (which isn't the safest of combos by the way)
    If swiy is taking these for medical reasons,Then swiy needs to go and discuss these problems with there Dr,and a more suitable type of opiate/opiod could be tried Eg:methadone,controled realease morphine,df 118 and an alternative to the benzos at least while your at work/school e.t.c may be found..
    Failing that wash your face with very cold water this usually works for swim..

20. fiveleggedrat

Reputation Points:
    Swim finds staying physically active and moving can cancel out most nodding except at very high doses.

On the whole naloxone thing, having opioids in one's brain (we aren't talking endorphins here) when being administered naloxone is instant w/d, as the opioids are forcibly removed from the brain's receptors, which the naloxone then occupies.

Swim is not in any hurry to find out firsthand how naloxone will affect him while having something in him.