1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Storing - How to store and save LSD

Discussion in 'LSD Discussions' started by CHEMsmile, Feb 1, 2004.

1. CHEMsmile

CHEMsmile

Reputation Points:
    Jatelka EDIT: This is a combined thread.

Okay, well I'm using this color because I like the name of it, Cyan. But anyways I am an experienced acid user (I've dropped it five times) and I recently (actually today) I picked up three tabs from my friend. Tonight my activities will be restricted to e which I'm trying for the first time but I'm not sure if my acid will go stale. I'm sure that tomorrow I'm not going to want to do it because my brain will already be too fried, so I might wait a week or more to recuperate before I drop it. I've heard that when keeping acid you should put it in the fridge, to help sustain its potency. If anyone knows anything about this or any other tricks to keep it working it's magic, please let me know..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
  2. Sduibek

Sduibek

Reputation Points:
    It's broken down by oxygen, light (especially sunlight), and heat.

So put it in an airtight container in the freezer (maybe wrap it in some foil or something as well), and it should be okay.

Oh, also vitamin C helps prevent it from breaking down as fast.. so crush up some tablets of that and sprinkle it on the acid (if possible).

Good luck to ya.

3. dspy

dspy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    put it in the freezer wraped in foil in a air tight bag

4. Jester

Jester Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Problem with the freezer is the potential for condensation, which can melt some of the acid out of tabs. I find that the stuff keeps for months if i just keep it wrapped in tinfoil and a ziploc bag.

5. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    I need some info regarding lsd stability and storing.I know that acid is very sensitive to temperature and humidity;that it can react with bunch of things(O2,Al, polyethylene-so I guess that Al and PE foils are out of the question).Somewhere on the net ive read that vitamin C can prevent it from decomposing. Has anyone tried this,cos I don’t want to waste a shitload for acid out of ignorance.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  6. noeticbuzz

noeticbuzz

Reputation Points:
    Wrap in plastic wrap, then wrap in tinfoil then throw her in the freezer and lucy will be fine.

7. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    yeah,but wont it react with PE from the plastic wrap,and im talking about storing sheets of lucy for a longer period

8. ChemicallyBound

ChemicallyBound Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Daeron,

whoever told you that PE reacts with lucy is waay off, it doesn't. as a matter of fact, PE will hardly react to anything at all except heat!

AS far as ascorbic acid is concerned, I would not do that! vit C is an acid and will react with many substances. The reason some people use it ( unknowingly ) is that it acts as a dessicant to absorb the moisture. Use the silica gel dessicant pouch that came in the ascorbic acid bottle intead to absorb the H2O.

9. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    Concerning the lsd and PE:This is the info ive had on PE/lsd reaction :pE wrappings are made from LDPE(low density PE) which has a large empty inter molecular space so it could adsorb lsd molecules.On the other hand when I think about it,PE is a nonpolar substance and lsd is a polar one,so I guess PE/lsd interaction is an another stupid street story.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  10. ChemicallyBound

ChemicallyBound Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    *when I think about it,PE is a nonpolar substance and lsd is a polar one*

answered your own question

ANOTHER stupid street story if I've ever heard one. PE is extremely NON-POLAR but this means in solution. lsd is polar as the tartrate you find.

sure LDPE, just means the polymerized molecules are more "spaced -apart" , big deal, the stuff is still inert

take it from a chemist, these things don't mix / absorb each other

11. RockGod

RockGod

Reputation Points:
    I was wondering what is the best way to store LSD and how to do it. I
    would like to get a decent amount and hold onto it for when i want to
    use it, because it only come around once in a great while where I am
    from. Any information would be greatly appreciated....

thanks..............

*Peace*

12. ThirdEyeFloond

ThirdEyeFloond Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    LSD is a pretty unstable chemical, but it can be stored for longer periods of time without loosing too much potency, if kept in a cold, dark and dry room, preferably in a small compartment with not too much air flowing around. I do that with blotters, with liquid I put the bottle inside 3 zipbags, and then put it in the fridge.

13. noeticbuzz

noeticbuzz

Reputation Points:
    Throw it in between the pages of a book, wrap it up in plastic wrap then foil and throw in the book, do the wrap and throw it in the fridge or freezer.

Many choices my friend, the things to look out for that degrade quality are heat, light, and oxygen.

14. phenethylamine

phenethylamine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    there are some dosesthat are being stored in a cellophane from a cigarette pack inside of a refrigerator/freezer that is cold but not cold enough to freeze water. Is this okay? I am only wondering because I didn't know if the cellophane would react with the lsd negatively or not, and I'm not sure how cold it should be while being stored.

also, is it true that you can swipe a blacklight over lsd on blotter paper and see speckels which tell whether it is real or not? Just a few questions

15. sanyan

sanyan

Reputation Points:
    Your LSD should not react with cellophane. If you're only going to store it some days or weeks, then it should be fine if it's in a dark, dry, airtight and cool place. If you're sotring it years, then a freezer would be the best place.At room temperature, degredation is quite slow, so a cool room, out of the sun is generally enough to minimize break-down. Storing blotter in the refrigerator or freezer is fine, but is probably unnecessary. LSD destroys when brought into contact with oxygen, ultra-violet light, moisture, heat and light Usually an increase of 10'C effectivly about doubles the reaction rate for any given reaction. If you repeatedly freeze and it, it will shorten the life somewhat as you introduce more oxygen and contaminants every time you do that. If blotter is stored somewhere cold (as opposed to cool), it should be allowed to return to room temperature before being opened as this will prevent condensation from forming.

"A controlled study was undertaken to determine the stability of LSD in pooled urine samples. The concentrations of LSD in urine samples were followed over time at various temperatures, in different types of storage containers, at various exposures to different wavelengths of light, and at varying pH values. LSD concentrations were measured quantitatively by the Abuscreen RIA and by HPLC using a fluorescence detection method. Good correlation was observed between the immunoassay and the fluorescent integrity of the LSD molecule. Thermostability studies were conducted in the dark with various containers. These studies demonstrated no significant loss in LSD concentration at 25 degrees C for up to 4 weeks. After 4 weeks of incubation, a 30% loss in LSD concentration at 37 degrees C and up to a 40% at 45 degrees C were observed. Urine fortified with LSD and stored in amber glass or nontransparent polyethylene containers showed no change in concentration under any light conditions. Stability of LSD in transparent containers under light was dependent on the distance between the light source and the samples, the wavelength of light, exposure time, and the intensity of light. After prolonged exposure to heat in alkaline pH conditions, 10 to 15% of the parent LSD epimerized to iso-LSD. Under acidic conditions, less than 5% of the LSD was converted to iso-LSD. We also demonstrated that trace amounts of metal ions in buffer or urine could catalyze the decomposition of LSD and that this process can be avoided by the addition of EDTA. This study demonstrates the importance of proper storage conditions of LSD in urine in order to insure proper analytical testing results over time."
    link

16. Dexy Mcfukfuk

Dexy Mcfukfuk

Reputation Points:
    I recently aquired about 14 hits of acid and will not be using all of htem in the near future. I have heard a lot about acid being rathar unstable and breaking down really easily. BEcause i will not be using all of this acid in the near future i would like to know of away to store the acid so that it will be as potent as it is now. I know one must keep it in a dark dry place, but how does temperature effect it?\

Currently it is wrapped in some foil and in a plastic baggie, the baggie is in a dark closet in a temperature controlled room. Is this enough or should i take extra precautions?

17. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Put it in your freezer as well. I've seen LSD-25 maintain it's potentcy for more than 10 years frozen in the dark.

18. acidfiend

acidfiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how long will blotter last just in a baggie in my draw.

19. dogcow

dogcow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    freezer storage of LSD

I've heard the best way to store blotter acid for a extended period of time is
    in the freezer if one hypothetically wanted to do that how would one go
    about it without destroying the acid, since if it was just in a foil in a freezer
    bag wouldnt condesnation form and get the blotter wet and ruin it?

regards,
    -dc

20. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Vacuum sealed would do fine if one would not vacuum it all the way.Edited by: Alfa