Storing - How to Store Fresh Mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by novas, Jan 19, 2004.

1. novas

novas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey all, looks like im your noob of the day. =)

I'm lazy & to inexperianced/poor to mess around drying out my shrooms, is there any good way to keep them fresh for a fairly short about of time (talking in days rather than weeks.) How long will an air tight container in the fridge keep the lil guys safe for?

Ta,

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Do not keep them air tight, as they will start to rot. They will last for a week if they are mexicans. Other species have different "best before..."

3. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Fresh magic mushrooms only stay fresh for 3 to 15 days, depending on the climate and the speciesof mushrooms. Preferably keep fresh mushrooms in the fridge

BA

4. roisianna

roisianna Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Keep fresh shrooms in the fridge at 2 degrees. As people above said different species alter the time they keep fresh, just try it and see.

5. jkiss

jkiss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah in the fridge in a bowl on a bed of of brown rice with a paper towel seperating them and a paper towel covering the top

6. sexybabe04

sexybabe04 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sorry i have another question.. how long will they stay good? they are in a ziplock bag with no air in it.. and if they have been there too long will they make me sick?

7. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If they are fresh they need to be stored in paper bag in the fridgr, and ale to breath, If dried, they need to be vaccum sealed and placed in the freezer. Fresh will last up to two weeks if stored properly in th eveggie bin inside a paper bag. If packaged dry correctly, they can remain good for upwards of two years.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009