1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

How to taper off baclofen

Discussion in 'Downers addiction' started by Astal, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Astal

Astal Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    How would one taper off baclofen, just reduce it as much as you can stand?

Also would it be better to take vicodin to counter the effect then just reduce the vicodin after the baclofen withdrawl is done?

I was taking 40 mg a day for like 3 days (i took it before but it was like 40mg every 3 days or so for maybe a week and half), stopped, got sick as hell, and i started tapering it down i took like maybe 25-30 mg today and felt ok.

I took about 2.5 mg a little bit ago cause i was feelin crappy.

I think im addicted to vicodin at the same time lol, disc herniations are a beech.

So i was thinking of taking like 10 mg in the morning, 5 mid day and 10 at night for maybe 3-4 days then maybe 5-5-5 and then going from there if i can.

Thanks guys. I will never take that crap again btw

2. Ryan80

Ryan80 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o Male from U.K.
    How bad are baclofen withdrawals?

Here's Swims doctor's dosage for withdrawal from GBL and again from Phenibut.

4 x 10mg 4 times a day.

Reduce by one tablet a week.

Swims been on 20mg 4 times a day for a while, so thats at least half way there.

I know people on baclofen pumps can get underdose withdrawals but Baclofen is pretty good on tolerance so I wouldn't worry too much. Take as long as it needs. Reducing a little each week should be ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
Tags: