1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - How to tell if it’s Xanax (Alprazolam)?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Of Nothing, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Of Nothing

Of Nothing Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry for another Xanax topic.

Since I'm new to it, how do I tell if it's a Xanax and not some look alike pill meant to trick the buyer? What numbers should be on the (Blue)footballs, white bars, and yellow bars? And if the numbers are different on every pill, what are some easy way to distinguish the real stuff? This information would be awesome! Thanks!

2. Benzhead

Benzhead Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, Xanax is a product of the Pfizer Corporation..Very few people pay for the brand name here in the states. The generic is Alprazolam and it is produced by lots of pharmas.

Given the relative ease in which tabs can be produced, there is no sure-fire identification process. However, given that benzos are easily diverted from legit sources, your chances of getting bogus pills is small. This is where "know your supplier" comes in handy.

For identification, there is a pill/capsule identifier found here.

Erowid has images and identifiers of both Xanax and Alprazolam.

3. Df1337

Df1337 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    This might not be any help but SWIM ahd 1mg blue pills of xanax a
    couple days back that said "G3721" on them. Don't the white 2mg
    bars say xanax on the back side?

4. sunshine

sunshine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've had a few white bars lately and the back read "xanax" seperated through the ladder, but I've had other bars that had nothing written, but they were 1 mg blue bars.

5. vacant

vacant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    --Just to add to this thread, generic Xanax (Alprazolam) can also come in round pills. It wasn't listed on the pill-identification so I figured I'd just add this. These were only .25 mg. They were white, with "MYLAN" written on them and they also had an "A" below that. After picking up the prescription, not recognizing and seeing the regular 'football' shape, I went back to the pharmacy and asked them to make sure it was right (they already had several mix-ups that day and I don't exactly want to overdose on heart medication!). The pharmacist pulled out a brand-new bottle, straight from the supplier, broke the seal, and proved it. So, Alprazolam can also appear in round pills.

I *attempted* to take a picture, but I have a shitty camera, so it's quite foggy and unclear, but at least the size relation can be seen.
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v287_whispere_zz.jpg
    Both being .25 mg, of course.

And, they're just starting to kick in...definitely xanax.

just my 2 cents. [​IMG]

6. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Vacant,

Thank you for the informative post, especially the picture.Contributing posts like that will get you to Gold membership sooner.

7. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have found that the white pills(not bars)are .25mg, the pink are .5mg, the blue are 1mg.anything1mg or less usually comes in around orfootball shapedpill that you can split in half. the round ones usually have a weird shaped R on them and are generic and the football ones are the real stuff and seem better. and the yellow and white bars are 2mg. the the bars should have 3 scores (places to break it at), and be divided into 4 peices. if it is bigger and is divided into only 3 peices, it is not xanax. buspar and other medications comes in bar form also. the yellow xtended release xanax are square shaped, are 1mg and have an X on one side, but no place to split it at.

8. darksideofcuba

darksideofcuba Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well. so far ive heard of three kinds of 2mg bars. yellow with
    A039,white with G3722, and ones with XANAX on them. as far as the
    lesser dosages i recommened going to the link below and click xanax or
    alprozolam then the dosage and looking at the pictures they have.
    alprozolam and xanax

look different so check them both. ( i hope the hyperlink stuff worked
    and just incase it didnt ill just put the link at the bottum)

http://www.walgreens.com/search/search_results.jhtml?term= xanax&section=A&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

9. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have also seen 2mg generics that are large circles w/ two scores (a cross) on the back of the pill. i am writing this because someone said whites are .25mg which is truebutsome are differant and eachcompany make diff tablets and what not.

10. twintornado

twintornado Newbie

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o
    I have got some pakistani generic alprazolam. Pakistani in origin called nervin.

images below:

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a25_twintornado_DSCN0373.jpg

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a25_twintornado_DSCN0374.jpg

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a25_twintornado_DSCN0375.jpg

i hope this is of some use. SWIM obtained these from an online pharmacy

11. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think you are talking about Xanax XR. Xanax XR is just an extended relese version of Xanax (duh). Xanax XR comes in 4 diffrent doase sizes, .5mg(witch are white, pentagons), 1mg(yellow square), 2mg (blue circle), and 3mg(green triangles). They are rarely seen on the steets as they are time-released, and also because they are more expensive (assumeing someone is accually buying them). all of the pills have a fancy "X" on one side, and the doase amount of the other.

12. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  13. basehead800

basehead800 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oh fuck yea i got ahold of the 2mg xanaxxr i snorted i and took 2 and a half valium 10's i was pretty good i wish i could find them again

14. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ive seen kids buying big white bars of buspar thinking they were getting xanax, they taste totally different.

15. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:

no dude these were definantly 2mg instants releases. i saw the bottle, 2mg generic for xanax. it wasn't brand name so i couldn't have been xanax xr

16. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ok kids. youre obviously all a bit new to this so Im gonna give you the up and ups on how to tell what manufacturer of xanax you have in order of their relative strength. these are all bars and ALL 2 mg. none of them are the extended release.

pfizer

white oblong tablet with3 scores front and back, this ones easy it says X A N A X with the middle score running down the N.

Lilly

yellow. period! these are 95% the strength of the above

Greenstone

generic of a companyowned bypfizer. strength is around 90% of the pfizer. these have a single G on the top portion followed by numbers I cant be bothered to remember. they have ridges on the back between the breaks.

Geneva

these are the smooth backed double G emblazoned ones. they are approximately 60% as effective as the pfizer xanax. these are theones youre thinking of. hope that clears something up.

Edited by: allyourbase

17. jab95943514

jab95943514 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Has anyone run across blue colored bars that say "xanax" on one side, "2" on the other side and are scored in 3 places. Look just like phizer xanax bars but are blue. Can't find them on any pill identifier site. Are they knock-offs? They seem to have similar effects...

18. chemroxx

chemroxx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    - I have a dog with Diabetes.... An actual dog, not a dog I use to not incriminate myself. He takes insulin shots, and also gets a pill with meals. His pills are almost identical to the Xanax I am prescribed. They are yellow footballs of the exact size and shape of my Xanaxes. The drug he is on is called Soloxine, doseage is 0.1mg tablet with meals. The pill clearly reads "Soloxine" on one side, and on the right-hand side of the reverse the dose of "0.1" is printed... So if you actually look at them and know anything about xanax doseages, you would know it was a fake. If you didn't, it could easily fool a lot of people, especially if it was just some pills rattling around in a bottle or baggie. Unless you look closer, they are identical in shape, size, and color. I don't know how common Soloxine is, or if it is something only prescribed to animals by vets or if it is also for humans, but still, they are so similar looking that it is worth a double check if the Xanax you are getting are yellow.

19. reef88

reef88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I would tell to whoever is buying these pills off the streets (dealers, friends at school, etc..) that since they are already engaging in illegal activities, they could instead, forge the prescription itself. People can either get their hands on the real prescription, or try to find someone online.

A friend of mine used to have 3 prescriptions that he stole from doctors when he was in 1st year med school and bought as much as he could with that. After that it was a couple weeks until he came up with this prescription online that he prints and fills out. It works for him.

I'm just saying all of this because I hate seeing people get ripped off on the streets, when you can be the one ripping off the pharmacies.

20. biggpri

biggpri Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    On two separate occasions, i've come across the green bars. they're a pale green and bisected twice into 3 sections. the imprint says: S 90 3. they're 2mg and produced by Dava Pharmaceuticals.