How would you describe the feeling of pleasure from opiates?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by delphinen, Mar 21, 2007.

1. delphinen

delphinen Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from argentina
    I have always read about how great is the feeling of opiates and how nice it feels, but I have never read anyone describing the feeling itself, so I invite everyone to share their description about it.

This is how I feel on opioids:

onset
    • a feeling of tickling and lightness in the stomach
    • a warm feeling all over the body
    • muscles, specially legs and arms feels weak
    • a little nausea

plateau
    • legs, arms and chest "transmit" lots of pleasure
    • the whole body feels relaxed
    • body warmness increase
    • a little lightheaded
    • very happy, being alive feels wonderful, everything is right and in its place
    • "sailing away" mentally is very easy while on bed
    • a bit more social
    • a little nausea

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  2. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'd say your list is pretty much complete, Delphinen!

SWiM's monkey doesn't get the nausea or happy feeling. SWiM does get a pleasurable tingling sensation in his limbs, though.

Also, SWiM and his monkey have only tried Codeine, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  3. Alundra

Alundra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    delphinen .. thats exactly how it feels ,i'd say the list is pretty much complete :)
    SWIM also feels a bit more social when on codeine , maybe you can add that one to the list as well ?

4. delphinen

delphinen Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from argentina
    I really dont feel "more social", but feel like hugging and cuddling with someone ^^
    ps: added to the list

5. Alundra

Alundra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Great one, thnx for adding it to your list ;)

6. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swims drug of choic was H.

It felt like heaven..until the high goes away, then swim need another bag, boots it, and swims feeels like swims in heaven again....then hell, goes tot he pusher, boots it, heaven again!

Thats why swim's on subs....Opiates are TOO good of a feeling...swim can't control his use :-(

7. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    See my current sig... ISE opiates are like a lovely painted-on sunset. Very nice, but there is just something entirely surface/fake about the pleasure offered. It does not last, and eventually there is a high price to pay for living at the far-flung extremes of the pain/pleasure cycle (Buddhists advise transcending the cycle altogether, but that is another story).

I feel that all states (e.g. the pairs of opposites such as joy/misery, life/death, black/white, etc) *require* their opposite, like two sides of the same coin. Euphoria/joy requires moments of unhappiness to contrast with, otherwise it has no meaning anymore. Opiates force an artificial state of being where only the "good" seems to exist. One is fooled into believing the utterly false notion that pleasure can exist without pain, euphoria without misery, etc.

ISE, eventually opiates do in fact produce "comfortable numbness" -- a state of pleasant emptiness, cozy meaninglessness, peaceful desperation, agreeable despair. And underneath, the awful, inescapable certainty that one is both mentally and physiologically trapped and has no choice in the matter anymore. Figuratively speaking, 'opiates slaves' wear chains of solid gold studded with diamonds and emeralds -- one is not easily inclined to let them go, despite the fact they bind no less decisively than chains of iron.

P.S. FWIW I have been addicted to opiates before (not H though), just to note he isn't completely talking out his @ss on this subject. Most recent was a moderate Hydro habit about 7 years ago, and before that it was oxycodone back in the mid 80s. He's tried just about all of 'em at least once too.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  8. delphinen

delphinen Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from argentina
    I agree completely, opiates are too good of a feeling, its really, Really difficult to control it.
    I feel like life has no meaning when he thinks about keep going without opioids, like it would be preferable to commit suicide instead of live 'cleanly'; after some days this critical depression goes away, but soon I founds himself taking a large lovely dose of opioids again and life is beatiful again... but SWIM wonders for how long...

9. Laudaphun

Laudaphun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would describe his beloved opiates as warm and fuzzy..
    SWIM once heard heroin being described as feeling like having a warm glove on your body and thinks this is pretty accurate.

So the keywords in SWIM's description would be, warm, fuzzy, content
    Oh how SWIM misses these feelings... guess I should probably take anther suboxone.

10. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    As far as SWIM's concerned, depends on whether one is addicted or not.

If not, it feels something like becoming a fluffy, white cumulous cloud floating in the most perfect blue sky. You are as carefree as one of those clouds, as airy/floaty and purposelessly joyful. With certain opiates (e.g. oxycontin, heroin) one can be overwhelmed by waves of intense euphoria at times. This is literally so strong that one has to lie down to properly assimilate the pleasure, preferably with some new age, soundscape or other similar music playing. A really "good" nod is like this vast, seemingly endless seascape; sunlight, sand, peace and wave upon wave of euphoria.

(too bad kratom can't deliver this, except perhaps to newbie users at doses that risk intense, long lasting nausea and even complete intestinal shutdown. It does deliver a semblance, however, including much of the warmth/comfort... and with some real nice positive, uplifting, energizing cheeriness most opiates lack... I recommend everyone try kratom before the DEA gets around to dropping it into Schedule 1).

There is nothing like it in "real life," nothing that can occur (however incredible, positive, terrific, etc) that delivers what opiates can, although on a similar topic I think winning $10,000,000 in a lottery would resemble an amphetamine high, only much better :D.

When addicted? Plain and simple, ISO: Taking opiates is like suddenly ceasing to hit yourself over the head with a hammer. You're amazed how bad you were feeling (physically, mentally and spiritually), and how absolutely fine you feel now. I have noticed in the past that the incredible contrast between "in withdrawal/sick" and "dosed/well" never ceased to surprise him -- it's almost a black vs. white sort of sensation.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  11. SilverM

SilverM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o

"Excess leads to the palace of wisdom"

SWIM remember way back when the warm, fuzzy feeling of opiods. Now, all of that is ruined by the constant supply I have had. Nowadays, it's more a matter between being sick and not being sick. As opposed to before when it was between being normal and being on top of the world.

SWIM's advice to anyone out there is take all drugs in moderation.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  12. dude

dude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SwimNic your words are so so accurate and true. Only one who wears those gold chains can appreciate the meaning you describe. Swim wishes he never took his first opiate, thinking back years ago when I had ambition and desire to get things done and get ahead. Now I think opiates 24/7, fighting the constant desire to endulge endlessly. The real depression of opiates comes from constantly thinking that opiates will haunt you forever. Once you know the pleasure, there is no going back. To answer the initial question...the words to describe the feeling I got on a normal dose during his first few years of opiate abuse was "perfect feeling". Now the words are "normal feeling". In swims mind, the biggest problem with opiates is tolerance not addiction. The constant large increase in tolerance is what makes the addiction so bad.

13. pokeyjo304

pokeyjo304

Reputation Points:
    you should add sleepy to the list, swim always gets sleepy and will constantly nod off when doing oxy, other opiates don't seem to have this affect, but everytime I do an oxy he starts to nod off and wants to go to bed.

14. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    For the Onset I feel almost all of the same effects - the nausea. SWIM always finds himself staring dumbfounded at things as well.

For the Plateau nausea sometimes sets in. The main thing that SWIM differs from his friends usage of opiates is he gets EXTREMELY short tempered and generally pretty anti-social. The social part for SWIM generally arrives with onset then goes away as he starts to nod more.