How you can save drugs-forum without spending a dime!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Alfa, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Drugs-Forum has been struggling with financial woes for some time. Donations are not enough to pay the bills. After next October our hosting costs will be greatly reduced which is a major improvement, but not enough for a healthy financial situation. You can resolve this by investing your time. Even investing just one hour of work, you can have a lasting impact. The more time you are willing to give, the more impact you have. Here is how:

Adding Products to our products database.

It has already a proven fact that adding products to the database will result in monthly income. We are already getting in 100 a month from just 100 products that have been added. Adding a product takes a few minutes. So with an hour or a day work you can have a significant impact.

There are clear instructions and I am also willing to guide anyone who wants to help out. Just send me a message or a support ticket. I will even reward you with extra functionality like chat. It seems that so far people are counting on others to step forwards and nothing happens.

Just imagine if 100 or 1000 products would be added, what this would do for our monthly income. If enough products are added then we would not have to worry and stress so much anymore about paying the bills. Such additional income would in combination with our reduced hosting costs and normal donations put us in a sustainable financial position.

If you need help then contact me or open a support ticket.

Adding reviews to the reviews system.

If you have experience with a rehab, drug tests, paraphernalia, a dispensary, books, an attorney, electronic cigarettes, supplements, then post your review. This will enrich our product database and increase income. We welcome positive, neutral and negative opinions. Photo's of rehabs and other companies are really nice to see added. Your review will help others making informed decisions about choosing a product or company service. Go here.

Developing software or designing banners for DF

If you are an experienced software developer (php, jquery, zend) or graphic designer willing to invest time, then you can help DF significantly: An important part of our costs are related to software development. Software created for DF can be resold to other webmasters. Which not only reduces DF costs, but also results in income.

We also need banners to be designed to increase our income.
    Join the Programmers & designers group here. Contact me or open a support ticket.

Other manual tasks

There are a number of tasks that need to be done for DF that can either be done by having a paid script developed or done manually. One example is porting our growfaq articles to our articles system.

If you have a skill or profession which you think may be helpful to DF, then please let me know.

Writing Articles about drug test kits or other topics

Specific informative articles are required to support our products database. If you are interested in writing one or more articles then this will help the income these product listings provide.
    Contact me or open a support ticket.

Suggest DF to your favorite company, brand or researchers

To resolve our financial deficit, we offer banner ads & featured products to companies and researchers. Whom can pay for these in money or by data entry tasks: So when you talk to a company, rehab, dispensary, brand you could suggest their promotion on DF. Especially when the company offers a product or service that relates to harm reduction or recovery.

If you plan to buy a product, then ask them if you can buy through DF so that DF gets a commission.

Donating

Of course direct financial support is always welcome. You can find instructions here:

To donate follow the instructions here: https://drugs-forum.com/wiki/Donating
    Or open a support ticket.
    Or use this form: https://inspirepay.com/pay/substance-information-network
    Or use this for Bitcoin: https://bitpay.com/98446/donate

2. Adabldo

Adabldo A Dab'LL Do for me and You! Donating Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o from Carbondale, CO
    But when someone donates and gets no response for months, how do you expect that makes us feel?

3. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Please go to your ticket and respond to the question I put before you 4 months ago.

4. Adabldo

Reputation Points:
    Cannot seem to get to the ticket, it keeps referring to a ticket / password that was emailed and won't allow me to read it

5. Alfa

Reputation Points:
  6. Adabldo

Reputation Points:
    Thank you. Just was finally able to find the question and responded to it as well.

7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Awesome!

8. Keyman

Keyman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from United States
    This is my first post. I am wanting access to the chemistry forums. I am aware that it involves an application, or you can donate for access. Is this true? How can I donate for access?

9. nomoremommyfood

nomoremommyfood Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Chicago with an accent to prove it, USA
    Hi Guys!

I haven't been on DF as often as usual - and it's overall a good thing! I have a bunch of health issues and if I'm offline, it generally means i'm working and feeling better. But I thought I'd offer my assistance to members who are either struggling with writing content but still want to contribute or members who'd like to polish up their text by passing i by me for critique or edit.

Since revision is one of the most important parts of writers, the different between draft 7 and dart 8 could very well contain the sentence that sways someone to donate. I'm a full-time art fines manager, marketer, and writer. I don't want to post my resume online but feel free to email me if you'd like a copy. In a nutshell, my specialty is fine art (visual art, music, theatre, dance,film) along with arts organizations, art and antique conservation and restoration, non-profits., and event planning. fashion design, haute couture, contemporary design rare and antique books among other areas. I've been doing this for about 10 years and full-time for anpit

I'm going on vacation for 8 days and, particularly since i have other work to do I'm happy to review work people are writing. Coincidentally, I have some grant writing to do for a client so I'll be in a critiquin' mood anyway. I'd be happy to review or even compose some material. Send me a message and my phone will give me an alert!

@Alfa I'll catch up as mus possible while on vacation but, please feel free to send me anything specific

10. Angelbrite

Angelbrite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Hinchinbrook NSW, Australia
    Oh dear Alfa. I feel stupid.
    You're gonna hate me for sure.
    I went to the donating page and it said I have an account but i forgot password and I reset it but no email is forthcoming in my Inbox.
    Do I need to create a ticket please?
    Thanks for any help x

11. lowress

lowress Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from italy
    I'll help.
    This project is pure love for everyone here. And it's really precious.

Xx