1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Huffing Ether

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Bodhisattva500, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I just tryed to huff some extracted ether out of starting fluid. I put it on a american flag and put it up to my nose and huffed for about 3to 4 seconds. I didnt feel anything. How long are you supposed to huff it for?

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    stop opening so many topics about the same thing. it's called double-posting and now allowed by the rules.

and huffing is dangerous. if you must, you huff the ether until you feel it, taking breaths of air often enough not to suffocate.

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    not allowed*

4. linemup

linemup Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just drink gasoline.... its easier to get and hits you much quicker.

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Not helpful, fella, in fact downright dangerous. Not that starter fluid is by any means safe!

If your going to get your ether this way for god's sake do a search on extracting the ether from the fluid. Better still find a chemist who'll get you some proper ether. Better yet, don't bother. Ime it's fun the first time, but after that it just gives a banging headache and makes you puke. Plus it's highly flammable and makes you smell like an alcoholic for about 24 hours. Nasty stuff, as are solvents generally.

6. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Ether

I was recently in an automotive store and I was reading labels to pass time when I came across pipe cleaner ( I think, some kinda cleaner) and after numertous flamability warnings it said "contains di-ethyl ether" but it didn't say any other contents so i went to erowid to see it said that atomotive ether is less safe than medicinal ether, I was wondering is there anyone who has tried auto ether or has any info about it?

7. rosstifer

rosstifer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There is a way to extract it from starter fluid

8. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Ether was alot more popular when carboraters were around, see ether used to be used in older cars and tractors and things alot more than they are now, mostly ether was sprayed directly into the carb to help it crank because sometimes a car wouldnt get enough gas and ether is HIGHLY FLAMABLE so be carefull if you do anything with it. Ether is still available somewhere because go karts and fourwheelers and smaller engines still have carbs but the art of perfection is coming up and some four wheelers even have fuel injection systems already.

9. poweredbyhate

poweredbyhate Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    I've read about people who have used starter fluid as their source of
    ether for recreational purposes. It won't be as clean as reagent
    grade ether, but will still work.

Check out this trip report on erowid: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=3015

It talks a little about using water to separate ether from the other
    components of starter fluid (like heptane or hexane, which are
    undesirable).

I believe there are actually some starter fluids or other products that
    contain only diethyl ether, which would be preferred. I think
    most would contain ether in addition to stabilizers or lubricants.

10. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Well a reply didn't come fast enough so i tried it.. it was good i dint have much by any meens like in comparison to feer and loathing it was nothing but i still felt ot a bit, so im sure ill do more, but thank you all for your input

11. stuckmojo

stuckmojo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Ether

Ok so im not sure it goes here so if you move this thats fine but i have a can of pyroil starting fluid and have been wanting to try ether so could anybody just share all the knowledge they have ive heard dont worry about the extraction just use it straight from the can but your guys input would be appreciated.
    ok so i got some starting fluid it contains
    heptane(142-82-5)
    diethyl Ether(60-29-7)
    carbon dioxide(124-38-9)

12. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Toss it. Don't inhale starting fluid. The heptane will block oxygen from getting to your brain. You;ll get high - but it's the same high one gets from drowning. Got it? Trash can went that a way! ----->

13. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Ya, if you really really wanna try ether, get your hands on some lab grade stuff. Which for some could prove to be a problem. If your one that has a problem obtaining it, then move your intrests elsewhere.

14. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    You might want to give the pro's and con's with that advise...

15. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    The only con that I can think of is the chance the DEA gets involved. Other than that, it's till ether, which isn't exactly a great thing to be doing and can cause nerve damage, or you can die instantly from lack of oxygen (sudden inhalation something or other, can't think of the term right now sorry) this can happen with any and all inhalants. As for the pros, well it's pretty obvious but that way your not inhaling extra additives, carcinogens, and lubricants.

Alfa-If there was something you had in mind that I missed, please let us know, because other than that I'm stumped.

16. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Can't an extraction/[urification be done with water? Though don't go out and try it, with out more research. and isn't there a whole other thread on this?

17. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    It doesn't clean everything out, it leaves in all lubricants and other chems that I can't think ATM.

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    A mixture of heptane and diethyl ether would require fractional distallation to separate effectively. And this is not something you can do in your kitchen sink. Pure diethyl ether is a very dangerous substance to work with in a laboratory setting - let alone huffing it from a can of starting fluid. Pure ether can explode if allowed to evaporate unless you have added a suitable reducing agent to prevent formation of peroxides. It can be ignited from a spark from your alarm clock or fridge going on. It requires very much special care to handle. Please take this into consideration before you decide to let your lab rat near this substance.

19. robertone

robertone

Reputation Points:
    Male
    More, the surface of a lightbulb is hot enough to let autoignite ether vapors.

20. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female
    not knowing much about ether, swim would like to try it.... but naturaly need lots of info first..
    any trip reports... doses... pros... cons.... etc swim should know?!

including availability....NO! swims not asking anyone to sell it to her just... is it redily available or very hard to find?!
    x