HUMAN GUINEA PIGS FOR PARTY PILL

Discussion in 'Piperazines' started by Alfa, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    HUMAN GUINEA PIGS FOR PARTY PILL

Human trials are being carried out on a new synthetic legal high that is designed to mimic the effects of Ecstasy.

The new drug, called Ease, is being sold privately by legal high designer Matt Bowden to a "clinical trial" group of volunteers.

Mr Bowden was behind the creation of the current crop of BZP-based pills which have turned into a massive industry with an estimated 20 million pills sold in the past five years.

Mr Bowden said Ease had shown none of the damaging characteristics of Ecstasy in early trials on animals.

"Animal studies suggest it does not share the mechanism by which brain damage and addictive effects are thought to be produced, and so Ease should have considerably less potential for harm than Ecstasy."

But the new secret compound and the trials have brought concern from associate health minister Jim Anderton, who told the Herald on Sunday he had sought legal advice from the Ministry of Health and the Crown Law Office.

Mr Anderton said the advice from the health ministry had warned against potential high liability over public risk because of the human test subjects.

He had yet to receive advice from Crown Law. "I've asked ... what are the legal issues around trialling substances that could have harmful effects on human beings without all the safeguards in medical trials?"

Mr Anderton, who described himself as "inherently conservative" about drugs, said Mr Bowden should consider trialling his product, as pharmaceutical companies did, in repeated, controlled laboratory trials, before human experimentation.

"If in trialling it on human beings it is shown not to be safe, they have trouble on their hands."

Mr Bowden said the trial product did not have the neurotoxic properties that Ecstasy had. He said he hoped the new pill would help Ecstasy users stop taking the illegal drug and switch to something he believes is safer.

"This is an innovative, yet commonsense approach to minimising the harm of illegal drug use."

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So, what is ease?

3. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    I can't find anything about it, but chances are big that it is another piperazine mix.

4. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This guy is asking for trouble - I hope he's right that the product is non
    toxic. I think that it will not be as benign as he thinks. Trials with people
    implies that thiere could be side effects, or else why bother.
    This whole situation in NZ is fascinating. I would wonder how it will all
    play out, but I think we all know what will happen.

Snapper

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    With 20 million pills sold in the last few years, it looks simple enough to me: Pretend it's safe and sell as many of 'em as possible before people start dropping dead.

6. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    But how many people have dropped dead exclusivly from piperazines? If people are actually choosing piperazines over say meth, and the fatalities are decreasing, this guy really has the right idea

I would be interesting to know it is is a new chemical or just a mix of different piperazinesEdited by: JewishNazi

7. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    This remindes me of when people were selling 2C-B as an alternative to E and when people started dropping like files with liver falure and dehydration they made it illegal. Give it time it will happen. BTW piperzines mess with your head for about 2 to 3 days after continious usage, if that doesn't mean they are dangerous than I don't know what to tell you.

-- Nera

8. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Please direct me to info on people started dropping like files with liver falure and dehydration from 2C-B. I have never heard such a thing.

9. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ease

Rumour down here in the land of the long white cloud is that Ease does not contain Piperazines, but one single PEA.

Piperazines were introduced here very slowly by cutting them with various Pepper and Capsicum extracts in 'Partypills' and tricking the authorities they were infact also some kind of pepper extracts. Even the comedown was blamed on pepper.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, and at least some of the population are realising that Piperazines have nothing to do with pepper and the so called 'Herbal highs' are infact synthetic, usage is at epidemic proportions.

Now is the perfect time to introduce some other kind of chemical as a safer alternative to Piperazines. Bring on the PEAs I say:)

10. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    mmmm, methylone maybe?

I really don't understand how this guy thinks that piperazines are non harmful? They seem to induce worse effects than other synthetic chems, and i'm no pharmacologist but if they have effects on more peripheral receptors in the brain and the rest of the body thats just asking for trouble.

Maybe he thinks that piperazine use is self limiting? ie you get sick from them if you use too much so stop taking them?

In fact we all know that this is all about the 'kaaaa-ching' effect, in other words he's in it for the money...

11. radio879

radio879 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well a while back I had read this thing about the laws there, and i believe i remember one of the reason's listed was, that BZP was self limiting.

Also really I don't get why most people like to group "piperazines" like they are all shitty because the one they took was or whatever. (i'd agree most of them are shitty, they didn't do their research or tests before making the sucky ones). Now BZP most people seem to find it works just fine, ...as long as you don't take too much. But if you're used to regular amphetamine/meth use then of course it'll seem shitty, but to the average person..it works.

There are plenty of wierd said to be non-toxic MDMA like compounds, some maybe related to IAP (but not, IAP), i forget but there are a few out there that have been studied.

12. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah i was reading about a few possibly interesting compounds from the IAP structure on another forum.

Yaaahhhhoooo, i want more chemicals to feed my lab rat :)

13. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    It will be interesting if he is using methylone or a similar RC, we will then have an Research Chemical that has actually been tested on humans and animals. If whatever PEA he is using is proven to be safe it could be good news for all of our my.

14. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have read about 2-amino-5,6-methylenedioxyindane, it seems like a decent serotonin antagonist that lacks the neurotoxicity that MDMA has. No reports of human trials though

15. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ironic

Isn,t it ironic . . . Piperazines have been promoted in NZ as a safer alternative to MDMA, when in reality what they are is a safer alternative to PROHIBITION and the WAR ON DRUGS. Unfortunetly, it is easier to create new drugs than to re - legalize those already PROHIBITED, no matter how PATHETIC the reasons for the PROHIBITION in the first place.
    Now if only they would package MDMA cut with vitamins and aminos, a preloader and afterparty pill and usage instruction sheet:)

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If you came up with a drug that gave you the euphoria and feelings of insight of MDMA - but it made you hate everyone and want to kill them - the Bush regime would not only not outlaw it, they'd give it to 8 year olds in school and send in the military recruiters.

17. fatmanstan

fatmanstan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
  18. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    I doubt that they'd legalise it as an alternative. After all it's an analogue. Which is a pity. My monkey's always wanted to try this stuff.