1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Hydrocodone ~1-2 hours after eating kratom (Medical need, not for fun)

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by joel79, Oct 7, 2013.

1. joel79

joel79 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I was curious, if one was to take kratom for a sleep aid/ relaxation tool and DURING the effects has breakthrough pain which the kratom isn't touching, would taking 10/325 hydrocodone (as prescribed, but not taken as often as prescribed) be effective?

The reason I ask is because opiates and kratom act in inverse ways as far as I'm aware; though I'm also aware that different opiates have different main mechanisms of action.

I appreciate your inputs =)

2. AlteredEnthusiasm

AlteredEnthusiasm Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.S.A.
    I don't think that Kratom and Hydrocodone work in inverse ways, in fact I believe they work somewhat similarly, at least in terms of receptor activation. There are several accounts of people using kratom to boost the effects of prescription opioids like oxycodone and hydroconde and I personally have found some success in mixing oxycodone and kratom. I usually insufflated the oxycodone once the kratom had kicked in to help me achieve the effect I wanted.

To see if it helps you, the only way is to test it out. Start with a lower dose of the hydro than you would usually use, and again, I believe there are a few threads on this topic both on this site as well as around the rest of the web.

Best of luck and be safe!

3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    If kratom is not helping with the pain (what type/dose have you tried?) then i wouldnt recomend taking it along with the hydro. Combining CNS depressants is never a good idea.
    There will be some cross tolerance so you probably need a higher dose of kratom to feel anything, but taking both will also raise your tolerance to your meds.
    I dont find kratom good for sleep, it can be initially if you use a red vein strain but after a while i find it disrupts the sleep even more.

4. joel79

joel79 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Combining drugs isn't an issue for me. It doesn't have to be a "danger" at all as a matter o' fact; one just needs to figure out how something effects their body. 100mg SR (from the late 80's) morphine is what I generally use for SEVERE pain and at that point ~25mg+ IR may even be needed; it is my testicle so it's something most would understand. FROM EXPERIENCE, 6g's of kratom and 25mg of morphine isn't even close to something that's worrisome on my CNS.

I also smoke cannabis and take promethazine/ hydroxyzine when I take kratom FOR SLEEP purposes to help bring out the sedative qualities.

Kratom, for pain, isn't much more effective than T4's for me (which aren't exactly effective; they help absolutely but I can still wake myself up simply rolling over). Tolerance is of course an issue but this isn't for fun and I manage the best I can (outstandingly by any standards, I go months without pain meds when I can technically call myself an addict as I have gone through withdrawals more than once to pretty much everything besides heroin, crack, and meth).

I appreciate the warning though; for the majority it's a very important addition to make as it doesn't cross most people's minds. I'm a chemical geek on the other hand (every aspect of them) and am studying to be a neuropsychopharamacologist; having that interest helps one make logical, safe, and rational descisions when it comes to combining things.... I also realize that I'm not a flawless 100% on point drug wiki (though my peers, professors, and friends would say otherwise XD regardless, being a scientist, I like seeing the opinion/ ideas of others).

7g's of kratom along with 50-75mg of promethazine (I can take 50mg of promethazine with nearly no CNS effects on its own) for nausea/ itching is perfect for me for relaxation; for pain though, as I said, it's not exactly a tool more of a convenient "side effect" sort of how MDMA is ahaha. I've also taken 2-3mg of etizolam on top of kratom (again, checking vitals with more "advanced" apparatuses, showed NOTHING to worry about). I do believe, VERY strongly, that the whole "CNS depression" thing being a fatal feature isn't as big or possible risk as everyone on this forum warns..... It's a fair warning for the inexperienced though, I'll give you that, due to the lack of experience someone may have with the vastly unpredictable world of combining drugs.

I appreciate all the inputs so far =)