hydrocodone addiction

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by ihateme, Oct 29, 2004.

1. ihateme

ihateme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend is very addicted to vicodin, for the last 6 months she take between 8-20 pills a day of 5/500 (i think). she doesnt take the pills for pain they are mostly just so she can function in her daily life. she has decided to quit, she flushed the remaineder of her script, and is now with out any.. we tried 3 times yesterday to get her addmitted into a detox program or something but to know avail..

Ok, so now she knows that she has to do this at home, but is very worried about the withdrawls from it, and what she can do to ease it some. today is her first day with out any vicodin and she sounds horrible, she says that she feels beaten up.

alright, so is there anything that she can do at home, to help with the withdrawls. (*note* she only indulges in her pills when her husband is drinking and acting like an a*s) he is her trigger, should she go stay somewhere else to stay away from temptation.

thanks everyone, yall are such great help

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    wow ... that many doses of 500mg of acetominophin is deadly to her liver.
    sounds like she needs to re-evaulate her relationship and situtation.

3. ihateme

ihateme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks, yea last night i took her to the er to get her liver and kidneys checked out, her last liver count was 100.. but like i said they wasnt able to addmit her, told her they could write a script for a patch it started with a K but i cant remember the name.. she is really worried about her liver and that is another good reason to quit.. i know what pushes her to want to take a few pills and i dont think that she will be able to succesfully quit this addiction in that house, her husband doesnt know the extent of her addiction, but with his drinking a 12-18 pack anite. Who would want to deal with that in reality... just take some pills and go somewhere else in ur head.. i want her to be ok.

i am kicking my coke habit at the moment, i have been almost 3 days clean, but i hear that coke is more physilocial and vicodin is physical. we are thinking of going to an NA meeting tomorrow night and see if that helps. i just want to do all that i can to keep me and her clean..

***Ps i went out last night the first since sat, once i was out and drinking i wanted nothing more than to get some snow.. but i didnt make that phone call and i didnt get anything, so its been almost 3 days and i still think about it ALOT....

Thanks again [​IMG]

4. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The max safe dose of acetiminopehn is 4000 mgs if she takes 30 vikes thats 10000mgs.....not good

5. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hydro addiction is a bitch to go through. In 1984, I broke my back, and was on some serious pain meds. They switched me over to ultram because of the tylenol content in hydro's was getting out of hand. Then I moved to a state that had no tolerance for pain control as far as meds. Which meant I was seriously weaned off all pain meds. It was horrific, and something I will never allow myself to go through again. I had night sweats, and it felt like bugs were crawling all over my skin, and on fire. It hurt to wearclothing, and just about killed me to lay down. I was antsy, irritable, and a wreck for almost 20 days. Its going to be a rough road for her, but one she can walk down if she really wants to do it.
    When things get too far out of hand, and she is going to break her fast from this, a xanax may help alot to cut the edge. Try to avoid it if possible, because xanax can be picked up to replace it just as easily.</font>

6. cavon

cavon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah kicking vics is very hard.idid it twice.the first time i wasnt that addicted so what i did was simply left town and went somewhere where i coudnt get my hands on it but of course as soon as i returned to town the problem slowly started again.i was taking a good 15 norco (10) milagrams of vics after a while that wasnt enough i slowly graduated to O.C. andoccasionally i did heroin (not intraveniously through my nose). me and my girlfrienddecided it was just out of hand.i quit cold turkey, pot helped and sleeping pillsbutthe withdrawls were insanely difficult,once i hit the 5th day i was feeling better. still to this day i have wierdanxietyand depressionproblems xanax helps a little with that but that can be another pontential addiction.

7. OXYfast

OXYfast Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I quit taking Hydros and the withdraws were the worst exp I have ever been through. I found cough syrup helped and ultram is kinda like methadone because it hits the opiate receptors like hydros or OC but it wont fuck u up but at that point who cares lol any other tricks to help make it not so bad please post. J

8. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you have to want to quit. it is that simple. i have been so addicted to methadone and oc that when i would quit taking them all that i could do for three days is lay in the bathroom floor and twitch and puke. my skin felt likea living organism. pot helps a lot. but what it really breaks down to is do you want to quit. if you really do then you can.

9. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yikes.i'd rather be addicted to at least a good opiate painkiller like methadone or oxycontin.the acetaminaphin content in hydros just makes my stomach hurt,and 40mg of less of oxycodone just isn't enough to get me high.

i did have a much tougher time quitting methodone then i did heroin,although methodone didn't have the whole needle stigma that shooting up smack did.

10. beebopfatboy

beebopfatboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was put in the hospital for Portal Vein Thrombosis (PVT) a little
    over a year ago... while i was in there the docs were shooting me up
    with Dilaudid. It started out as .5 mg every couple hours and then
    turned into aprox. 2 mg every couple hours after my 3 months
    stay. When i left i was put on Percocet 10's for pain management
    but it just wasnt doin the trick unless i took 3 or 4 of them at a
    time... which eventually obviously led to an addiction. I talked to a
    doc about it and he put me on 30mg Methadone a day. Not even taking 30
    mg it was making me feel fucked up.. i mean i liked it.. but i knew
    eventually it was gunna kick me in the ass... it seems like Methadone
    is a little harsh to get someone off an addiction to Percocet... but im
    not the one with a PHD i guess.. so now he fairly abruptly took me off
    of the methadone and now im stuck with nothing... withdrawl is
    terrible.. temp fluctuations, anxiety, pretty severe depression,
    irritability, insomnia... its definately rough ... i was thinking about
    Kratom.. I heard it was called the "Herbal Methadone" wether or not it
    will help me with this i ont know... but i'll follow up a post to let
    you know.. maybe it will help your friend... i have heard some decent
    things about it with relaxation and basic opiate effects... if anyone
    knows anything it would be greatly appreciated

11. Orbitz

Orbitz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A buddy of mine has struggled with pain killers for a few years now. It
    became pretty serious about a month ago. He asked for help from his
    family and he moved near them. His dad is a doctor and they put him on
    some new drug to help with his addiction. I guess it completely blocks
    the painkillers from reaching the receptors that they interact with.

I haven't heard from him in a while. I did speak to him once when he
    first moved away and he mentioned the treatment he was on but I dont
    remember the name. I do know its rather new and expensive. Anyone know
    what it may be or any further detials?

Bitz