Hydrocodone and eating

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by Mrhanky172, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Mrhanky172

Mrhanky172 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Howdy all! Lets say I take 20mg of hydrocodone potentiated with grapefruit juice and tums on an empty stomach. (the basic drill). I also like to smoke some weed also during the trip, which makes him hungry sometimes :) . Swim's question is: How long should I wait after taking the hydrocodone to eat a little bit as to not spoil or dilute the trip? Swim gives his thanks :D

1. 3/5,
      decent thread topic
      Oct 22, 2010
  2. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Just eat like 30 mins after You takes the stuff, it might absorb just a wee bit of the hydro, but it would help greatly with the naseau You will/might get. It shouldnt really matter too much, but DONT eat alot of food, alcoholic and or carbonated beverages as these can cause adverse side effects.

3. thegoodfight

thegoodfight Newbie

Reputation Points:

Does alcohol inhibit opiates? I seem top remeber hearing this before, but can't remember.

To the original poster. 30-45 mins is great if you can wait. If You is taking them on an empty stomach, they should be absorbed in 30 mins,,

4. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    alcohol does add to some effects that opiates provide, but it also decreases some. Some people like to drink while taking perks and vikes, but it is very bad for them due to the tylonol alcohol combo. Lots of narcotic pain releivers caontain tylonol or aspirin to help with the analgesia ie "Oxycodone/APAP 5/325" which means there is 5 mg of oxy and 325 mg of acetiminophen (tylonol) in it. So SWIdr suggest that even though alcohol can produce a nice synergy with opiates, please refraine from combining alcoholic beverages with tylonol/aspirin containing meds.

5. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    ^^Not to mention the increased risk of respiratory-deppression when combining alcohol with opiates!

6. ip.dif.ev.3.min

ip.dif.ev.3.min Mercury Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I bet since I'm thinking you never took 20mg HC before, You will have a hell of a time weather you eat or not, you might actually have a good experience eating on that. 20mg's my favorite dose, but had to fall to 15mg:(.
    Because 20's just put you down faster I've felt if you do regularly recreationally.<---if that makes sense. swims high on MJ wishing he had 20mg HC.

I would suggest to any user never including eating when doing drugs. Mean in don't worry about it eat as much as you can. I'm skinny though and need to gain.

7. ip.dif.ev.3.min

ip.dif.ev.3.min Mercury Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Dont' Chew
    Don't mix enless your experianced, Alcahol EX.

If you get a bad experiance lower dose, i started with a halve of one believe it or not back in high school, thinking what the hell are these.

8. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    yes, I say he had a horriable night after 10mg of hydro (low dose i know) but was then mixed with 8 bud ice.

this was one of the dumbest mistakes me has ever made in his life.

9. oxalot

oxalot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM quit drinking because of negative effects. He says he only drinks when opiates are out of his system. And he has been doing this for a very ,very long time. Be careful!!!

1. 4/5,
      good advice
      Jan 12, 2007
  10. heatfan03

heatfan03 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    bumping this cause i feel like other poeple ask this alot

11. cpalka

cpalka Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    not for me i eat 40mg of hydro about 5 mins before eating and it hits me very hard, its way better then empty stomach and potenation!
    try it,
    empty stomach, take hydros wait 5 mins and eat and the food and pills will absorb and you will love it, strong hit the only thing doesnt last as long but harder hi