1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Hydrocodone + Caffeine

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by StrawberryFieldsForever, Oct 2, 2008.

1. StrawberryFieldsForever

StrawberryFieldsForever Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hydros make Swim tired. If swim drinks caffeinated soda, will the caffeine reduce the "downer" effects of hydrocodone? What about pH-wise in the stomach since soda is so acidic?

2. TheNewLeft

TheNewLeft Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    hydrocodone is relatively strong opiate....and caffeine is a relatively weak stimulant...

if you're taking anywhere from 20-50mg of hydrocodone a cup of coffee or even a red bull isn't going to shake you out of a nod.

personally I like the combination of a strong opiate with coffee...i think its a good combo.

and if your worried about stomach acid and PH levels just take two tums beforehand to even everything out

3. fiveleggedrat

fiveleggedrat Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Some people enjoy caffiene with opioids as it can prevent nodding for them, or at least reduce the "sleepy" aspect. Swim personally would find the combo unpleasant, but I do not mix opposite types.

Soda isnt that acidic, no? If acidity is a problem, I could use caffeine pills! That would work well. Swim keeps some because they find good use for a quick boost sometimes.

Funny that You finds hydrocodone makes You tired. For Swiy, Hydrocodone was the most active, full of energy, run around and do stuff opioid he has EVER done, far more so than anything else. Far more so than kratom and tramadol too. Even at pretty decent-big doses.

It sounds safe. Why not give it a shot and report back with an experience report?

4. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim also finds opiates to have a stimulating, rather than a downer, effect but then meds tend to work the opposite of what's expected on her. Swim doesn't usually take her Adderall with her pain meds, or at least not at the same time because of this. I do like coffee with her pain meds though. The warm liquid dissolves them faster and speeds the onset of pain relief, especially on an empty stomach. When I do take her stimulant meds with her pain meds, she notices a "different" feeling, not a nod, but not a jacked-up feeling, either. Swim mainly gets the calm feeling she is supposed to from ADHD meds and pain relief, which to her is better than the alternative.