hydrocodone dependency and tapering

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by shyentertainer, May 16, 2007.

1. shyentertainer

shyentertainer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    Hi friends,

I am suffering a hydrocodone dependency and now at the point where this has negative impact on my training. So SWIM plans on tapering down. But I am not sure which the ideal medication would be.
    any suggestions?

thanks alot

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
    1. 2/5,
      please dont post sources
      May 16, 2007
  2. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    Hello Shyentertainer,

First, please do not self incriminate....use third person or SWIM (some one who isn't me). Read the rules; use the search engine if in doubt and welcome to the forum!

To answer your question, I would not use XXXXX for meds... I have heard bad things...bad things indeed.

If You (some one who isn't you) is looking to get off a hydro habit may I suggest looking into Kratom. It is a legal herb, except in Thiland, that many people are using to get off hydro and other opiates. It elliminates almost 100% of the W/D's. Do some research....you will be pretty suprised. I had apretty bad habit from IV heroin, morphine, poppy pods, you name it, but is now 100% opiate free and no longer takes the kratom.

Alternatively, you could check out buprenorphine treatment or methadone (I would stay FAR away from methadone if humanly possible).

Ordering meds of the net is a little risky and chances of getting ripped off are high (or losing your meds to confiscations). Others may have other info for you….Kratom and small amounts of valium are what worked for SWIM. Also, if you are looking to taper off of hydrocodone, hydromorphone is not the way to go. It is a much, much more powerful more addictive opiate.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007