hydrocodone/vicodin information

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by tooktomuch, Aug 18, 2006.

1. tooktomuch

tooktomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    i think i can do this with out using SWIM...

i have a prescription from a DR. for hydrocod/apap 5/500 i know is has aseataminaphen( SP? ) in it. i am just wondering if plan vicodin has aseataminaphen ( spelt way wrong ) in it. i have a very bad knee with a slight tear in the ACL.

i do not abuse the pills. i actually need them.

i am just wondering cause i am taking 5 to 6 per day and i do not want to f$ck up my liver and if vicodin does not have aceat.( how ever you spell it ) in it i think i should talk to my doctor about getting the real thing and not the generic vicodin.

thanks for any info

2. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Well Vicodin (norco) come in different doseages but the ones I took were 7.5/350 and they do contain Acetaminophen.
    You could always CWE them (cold water extract) the hydro from them and dose that but then you lose whatever benefits the Acetaminophen give you (though I have no clue what that is)
    Surely this is a question for your doctor though.

3. tooktomuch

tooktomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    well before i got the prescript. i was taking 15 to 20 asprin a day to deal with the pain. the funny thing about that was 2 doctors told me not to do that but would not give me any kind of pain killers. that s untill i asked for a doctor that deals with pain then i got the right ( well maybe ) pain pills.

I do enjoy the combo of a couple pain pills and about 5 to 6 soma's ( carisoprodols ) I say it is a good fealing.

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    You will probably not be able to get hydrocodone without acetaminophen, itd be a differently scheduled compound without the apap. You would be best off sticking to a CWE with the extant pills.

5. tooktomuch

tooktomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    i really do not want to risk destroying the pills just to get rid of the APAP. i am NOT looking to get high from them. i really do need them.
    i think i will ask my docter if it is safe to take that amount af apap but, i am asuming that he knows what he is doing after all he did prescribe them to me

thank you for the info and help.

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    like said above CWE is best method and very easy to get rid of APAP, fool proof... And I say that knowing plenty of fools. There is no product in the US that contains just hydro, only hydro and apap ie: Lortabs, vicodin... its a shame but its just the way the US is... fortunately CWE is extremely easy and very reliable if done correctly. One should only worry really about cwe if one is taking upwards of 1500mg of APAP a day... Usually if one follows the directions on the bottle or talks to the doctor about getting a lower amount of apap per pill (300mg vs 500mg) CWE is not necessary for proper use but w/e

7. acexnx316

acexnx316 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This post is not meant as a flame, just as a clarification.

First off, Vicodin and Norco are two different brands of Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen mixture pills.

Vicodin and Vicodin generics come in the following mixtures:

5.0mg Hydrocodone/500mg Acetaminophen (Vicodin)
    7.5mg Hydrocodone/750mg Acetaminophen (Vicodin ES)
    10.0mg Hydrocodone/660mg Acetaminophen (Vicodin HP)

While Norco and Norco generics come in these following mixtures:

5.0mg Hydrocodone/325mg Acetaminophen
    7.5mg Hydrocodone/325mg Acetaminophen
    10.0mg Hydrocodone/325mg Acetaminophen

So the one's that You (Someone who isn't you) took, if they were in fact Norco or a Norco generic were the 7.5mg Hydrocodone/325mg Acetaminophen version, because Norco and Norco generics are not produced in any mixture with 350mg of Acetaminophen. And actually, there isn't any pill on the entire market today (Unless it was custom compounded) that contains any amount of Hydrocodone with 350mg of Acetaminophen, there just isn't, doesn't exist. In fact, the only types of Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen mixtures (Pills) that come close besides Norco (Which as stated above, contains either 5.0mg, 7.5mg, or 10.0mg Hydrocodone and 325mg Acetaminophen) are Zydone (Containing either 5.0mg, 7.5mg, or 10.0mg Hydrocodone and 400mg of Acetaminophen) and Xodol (Containing 10.0mg Hydrocodone and 300mg of Acetaminophen).

Just wanted to clear that up. Once again, this post wasn't meant to flame, just to inform. Please do not take it offensively. It was probably so long ago anyway that You probably just didn't even remember haha... :)

Pz.

1. 5/5,
      thanks for the clarification. I did not know that norco only came with 325 apap.
      Aug 20, 2006
    2. 5/5,
      good solid information
      Aug 20, 2006
  8. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't see why anyone should be offended by your taking the time to write this long, perfectly accurate, answer to this thread.

9. acexnx316

acexnx316 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It was just an extra pre-cautionary step that I wanted to take.

I just don't want any of my posts to be taken the wrong way; some people on here from what I have seen, are (Or can be) very sensitive.

Pz.

10. tooktomuch

tooktomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    thanks for that info.

maybe a test will be done first with 4 pills. just to see if it works. if it doesn't i could always drink the water and still get the benifit of the hydro. i think.

11. Ranke

Ranke Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    On a side note the only Rx I has ever seen with just hydrocodone is a strong cough syrup (sorry can't remember the name). If you ever happen to get that I believe it is 5mg hydrocodone and some guaifenesin. I tell you what I had anice week with that.

12. acexnx316

acexnx316 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It was probably either Codan, Hycodan, or Hydromet syrup (Or a generic equivalent). Both contain 5mg of Hydrocodone per serving with Guaifenesin.

Be careful how much Guaifenesin you intake though. It doesn't take much to make you sick. And if you overdose on it, Guaifenesin can actually kill you; just watch how much you take.

Be safe.

Pz.

13. SumoCat

SumoCat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Other youS are correct here that you will not see hydrocodone without APAP. You can find it with Ibuprofen, but never just solo hydrocodone.

*HOWEVER*, it IS possible to get compounded hyrdrocodone from specialty pain clinics where the APAP can be as low as 100mg or less. There is a clinic in Dallas, TX which prescribes this way.

SWIM's unsure about posting the link here, so will leave that out unless a mod says its ok.
    -S

14. acexnx316

acexnx316 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The least amount of Acetaminophen with the highest amount of Hydrocodone possible per pill ANYWHERE is a 15mg Hydrocodone/80mg Acetaminophen pill, which can only be found where pills are custom compounded because that 15mg/80mg itself is a custom compound.

And you are wrong about not being able to get Hydrocodone without APAP, Ibuprofen, etc.

The reason Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, and other ingredients are added to Hydrocodone are to make it less abusable, thus dropping the substance (When mixed with another drug, such as an NSAID, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug) of Hydrocodone to a Schedule III or CIII.

Hydrocodone is available by itself but is very rarely prescribed that way because of the abuse potential. When Hydrocodone is prescribed by itself either in pill or syrup form, it becomes a Schedule II or CII. This is because like I said the abuse potential is much, much higher.

You also may be asking yourself, "then why is Oxycodone Schedule II, whether it contains Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, etc. or not?"

Well the reason Percocet (Oxycodone/Acetaminophen mixture) and Percodan (Oxycodone/Ibuprofen mixture) are in the same class/schedule as Oxycontin (Oxycodone only), is because Oxycodone, whether mixed with something else, or by itself, is much more powerful (Making it much more sought after for abuse) than Hydrocodone. I know it doesn't really make sense that Percocet pills containing as little as 2.5mg of Oxycodone per pill are in the same class/schedule as an Oxycontin pill containing as much as 80mg of Oxycodone, but that's just how the government sees it :rolleyes:

For more clarification:

Schedule II (CII) is the same class as Oxycodone, Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Morphine, Fentanyl, etc. These are drugs that have a very high abuse potential, yet still hold somewhat of a therapeutic value.

And yes, Methamphetamine and Cocaine are schedule II drugs, not schedule I (No therapeutic value whatsoever and completely illegal) as some may think. Cocaine is still used as a local anesthetic and even in some forms of prescription eye drops.

Methamphetamine in pill form or Desoxyn, as it is called when prescribed, is used for very bad cases of ADD/ADHD, OCD, Narcolepsy and a few others as well. It can also be used for/prescribed for weightloss, but most doctors will send you off to get gastric bypass surgery before they prescribe this because of the addiction/abuse potential.

Anyway, I think I am going way out into left field with this... LOL.

Just wanted to let you and everyone else know that Hydrocodone is in fact available to be prescribed by itself, it is just in a different class or schedule.

Hydrocodone + Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Guaifenesin, etc. = Schedule III (CIII)

Hydrocodone alone = Schedule II (CII)

So yes it is available.

Pz.

15. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    acexnx316, thanks for clarifying my post mate, the tabs I took WERE 7.5/325 norcos (the place he got them from advertises them as Vicodin/Norco)

Cheers

16. shiznat

shiznat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o
    oxycontin is a time released pain killer that doesnt contain apap.vicodin is DHC no matter how the script looks.5/500-10/325-7/650.ect.a swims not going to find pure hydro unless like was posted its in a cough supressant and then only in tiny amounts.its the big pharmecutical companies way of holding decent people hostage for pain meds.gotta add that liver killing apap lol its like a slime ball dealers way of cutting his stash to get the most for the least amount of goomba.I has even heard of terminal cancer patients getting ripped for pain meds,its difficult to get the good stuff even if death is sleepin in the same bed.the smiling pricks are all good while someone is watching then when visiting hours are over they put a pillow over the poor souls head to muffle the screaming.maybe swims just stewin over the fact that they dont give out shit that helps.a I am bound to abuse a script just because of the lack of real pain relief.the tolerance sets in and it gets worse.if they would give out say oxy at the start then relief would be time released and a I would take less ommiting the need for multiple doses.but hell no they need ta cram in that concrete called apap so a I had a higher tolerance for pain.lmao higher tolerance swims ass.just use a hammer and knock a joe out thats more humane than turning a souls liver into sheet rock..shiz..

17. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    to correct shiznat's information in the 2nd sentence of his post, vicodin is hydrocodone, not DHC.

18. bapt

bapt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sorry I'm so late.....but why not just ask for vicoprofen (hydrocodone with ibuprofen)?

19. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    ibuprofen is hazardous to the stomach in large amounts. or there could be many other reasons. many people do not want to suggest to their doctor what to prescribe.